[2.0] Mjolner life based Rainbownuke witch, !!Deathless 82 Core/Uber!!

my 2.2 tree
Spoiler
http://www.poeplanner.com/AAAABAABIQHc704dFIIegsco-uRRIWD-CjWS2L2D21XGhtF8g1ivLJzTb0a3BS167-vuAecFQq6zQZbQ9Y9GhmBlTUd-vTZfP_AfBLMYXTzvogAEB76nhNn3po5ktvotH5Ugn8sb-iXfpBm2LBhWaHSUoNpiEuGS0IUyZlSUbxZv42qnCFNSmuBFnTboUDAgbu_r0B_B89sLtfKnMHfjUEcUIO8OQKDYTUyzcg_56HgNwBpvO3TxYVIRLSmlQYe3Pl4TaPKpbriTHNyPGjLRgKQXLySwwQRFR_rSZp55aMBmJG97bpchwXwgWcpGCdnirQ==

and gear
Spoiler

with 5 jewel 6~7% life and ES gain on hit

begin with witch but scion ascendancy is awesome.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

I guess the flame golem will be ok too. 40% increased fire damage and 40% increased damage.

Yes, it's rather pretty)
But now i'm thinking what's better:
Liege of the Primordial or Mastermind of Discord?
For map clearing i like to use Lightning strike and 20% FPenetrate can give similar effect. And 4% ASpeed seems to be better then 3% to shock, freeze and ignite, especially with EleConflux...
"
PhD_Awesome wrote:
"
KaioNS wrote:
Could someone explain me how the damage mitigation with Mind over Matter + Eldritch Battery works?

I asked this question a few pages earlier, here's the answer given by another player:

"
SaiyanZ wrote:

It's because the damage is split between two pools, Life and ES, instead of only ES and then Life. This way you make use of two sources of regen, both life (regen and 100Hp per end charge lost) and ES on hit.

So when you take hits it makes a difference because you also make use of the life regen all the time instead of only when your ES is down. The only time it won't help is when something has enough damage to one-shot you. Both methods end up mitigating the same damage in that case.

Although now that I think about it, if a hit is dangerous enough to matter, then all your ES will be used up and you'd be regenerating both ES and Life. It's only when your ES isn't all used up that your life regen isn't coming into effect.

So in with this reasoning I'm not sure the 6 points for MoM/EB is worth it, especially since you can grab 30% increased life with those points. The only other thing is that you now need blood magic to cast your utility stuff, a minor inconvenience (or if you manage to get a reduced aura reservation enchantment).

That's exactly what I've been thinking about it.

To make the most of MoM+EB (always have 30% dmg mitigation), all the damage taken should ALWAYS be split into 70%HP and 30%ES. To achieve this, we need the perfect ratio of HP and ES

And the perfect ratio is:

0.7hp/0.3es = 2,33333...hp/es

This means that if we want to tank, for example, a 6000dmg hit (after all other mitigations), we need:
6000*0,7 hp = 4200 hp and 6000*0,3 es = 1800 es

4200/1800 = 2,333333...

However, due to the our skill tree, it is much easier to get 4200 life than it is to get 1800 ES, making it hard to achieve the 2,333 ratio.

And, as you said, we can use those 6 points to increase our life pool by getting +30% increased life. This would also increase our EHP by a lot too.

A good think about MoM+EB is that you can actually use Blood Rage and still keep your Energy Shield. Since MoM only works with hits, blood rage does not remove our ES because it is a degen.
When we dont use MoM+EB, Blood Rage's degen removes all our ES protecting the Life globe, and then goes to our life pool.

I have the build 2 from this guide (Life Armor based - without MoM+EB), and I dont use Blood Magic. I managed to get enough unreserved mana to cast all I need, and use 2x +2 mana on hit jewels. This way I can use Fortify on my 6link and keep it up all the time.
Last edited by KaioNS on Mar 9, 2016, 4:50:56 PM
Well, with EB+MoM i don't need to have 1 ES per 2.3 hp. Simply I can add all my ES to my hp total. 30% increased can't give me equal amount hp.
Also i can reserve about 99% of mana and use blood rage sometimes with rf.

Last edited by Horhen on Mar 9, 2016, 6:34:57 PM
"
Horhen wrote:
Well, with EB+MoM i don't need to have 1 ES per 2.3 hp. Simply I can add all my ES to my hp total. 30% increased can't give me equal amount hp.
Also i can reserve about 99% of mana and use blood rage sometimes with rf.

Yes, that's true.
I was just pointing out that, to make the most of the MoM+EB combo, having 2,33hp per 1es is the ideal case.
However, as you said, even if we dont get the exact ratio of 2,33hp/1es, it's still very useful for other conveniences, such as reserving all mana and being able to use degen skills (Blood Rage and Righteous Fire) without depleting our Energy Shield.

edit: I've made some fast calculations here, and what you said makes complete sense! =)

In my case from 2.1: Life Crit Based Witch with 4721hp and 587es, +162% increased life and no MoM+EB combo.
As soon as I use Blood Rage, I lose 587 ES.
If I respect 6 life nodes and got MoM+EB, I'll stay with +135% increased life, which means I go from 4721hp to 4234hp (-486hp) BUT I'll always make use of my 587es, with means I gained 587-486= 101 hp*

*Except if I take chaos damage... Then ES from MoM+EB wont help me, and I'll have a smaller life pool to deal with it (from 4721hp to 4234hp)
Last edited by KaioNS on Mar 9, 2016, 7:14:35 PM
And also you can have more ES
For example with recommended Voidbringer+Saffell's+Kingsguard and 300 Int you'll have about 700 ES and with some rares it can be even more...
"
Horhen wrote:
And also you can have more ES
For example with recommended Voidbringer+Saffell's+Kingsguard and 300 Int you'll have about 700 ES and with some rares it can be even more...

I´ll give it a try.
How many "+3 Energy Shield on Hit" jewels is recommended for not bothering at all with sustain?

And, if it happens to take a big hit and all my ES is removed, should I have at least a little mana unreserved to use Molten Strike once or twice? (because if my ES is gone with 100% mana reserved, I simply stop attacking)
Or what I said above is not a problem and we can reserve 100% without any problems?

Thank you!
Well, i started with 4 +3 ESGoH, and it was playable, but it's better to have 5)

About big hit.
With multistrike you make 3 hits, paying only once, and Molten gereates a lot of magma balls, giving stable ES-gaining. So there is only one trouble - getting this big hit just before the 3-hit multistrike serie can call small pause, while the next magma ball's landing, but unreserved mana won't help you cause it'll go away that moment too, so you can reserve 100%)
Anyone that was doing Uber before has done it with 2.2 flaks ? I'd love to see how it fares.
My stream: https://www.twitch.tv/m_bison__
Is there any benefit to getting +1 endurance charge belt for total of 4 power and 5 end charges?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info