[2.0] Mjolner life based Rainbownuke witch, !!Deathless 82 Core/Uber!!

"
husker3011 wrote:

So, lets take a look at THE INQUISITOR:

Spoiler
Reasoning behind it is that the critical strike gem is getting a base additive spell crit to supported spells which seems to get around 2% at max level. Which means that discharge can become a 9% crit spell and arc/ball become 7%. Meaning that with the ~100% increased crit chance from the gem itself, discharge will go from 45% crit at 4 charges to 71% crit, and arc will go from 22% crit to 55% crit,doubling our previous average chance to crit, which means that we will get an insane amount of flask charges making us very tanky.
Aside of that, the inquisitor gives +75% multi, which means our old multi which was 230% is now 305%. And all of that is ignoring that Inevitable Judgement will give 10% pen to non crits and max pen to crit (30% to atziri bosses) which will result in a nasty MORE multiplier.
How much? Well previously critting was giving us 43.55% more damage, now (ignoring max resist pen) critting is giving us 116% more damage(~+50 for Atziri bosses with the penetration included), but we do lose the stats from iron will.

Thinking about it I think the era for iron will domination is coming to an end, even the 140% increased damage from it doesn't stand a chance against the huge amount of flask charges and multiplied damage that critical strikes provides.

TL;DR: Use new crit strikes as support in mjolner,double the crit chance, double the flask charges, get around 73% more damage from critting abusing the multiplier from inquisitor not including the insane crit max pen buff from Inevitable Judgement

Thought about him as well, the other really good point is that you can also pick up Instruments of virtue for 54% (!!!) attack speed. However, I'm fairly sure you'd insta kill yourself to any reflect pack.
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Feb 27, 2016, 2:24:22 AM
The inquisitor has too much "Do this if that" which you guys seem to forget in your hype

The things which seem interesting to me:

Champion
Unstoppable Hero to Fortify + Inspirational

Frees up one gem slot, boosts tankyness and provides damage/run speed.
I'm currently using 100% Mana for Auras and Shield for attacks and damage mitigation.
Most likely i'd go back to using blood magic gem and free up EB (5 passives) again.

Marauder
Unbreakable + Undeniable + Unyielding
Frees up at least one passive and enables evasion again though we cannot evade anyway.
More attack speed and 1000 Acc Rating which means we trigger more often. Damage Buff + 1.5% Life Reg on Fortify.

Champion is my fav atm but i have to see the reworked tree to check if the duelist start would hurt to much
PN: Haegar_der_Schreckliche
"
qwertz wrote:

Thought about him as well, the other really good point is that you can also pick up Instruments of virtue for 54% (!!!) attack speed.

I think you're confusing the 10% atk speed after attacks and the 40% attack damage (which is useless for us) after casting a spell. So in the end, it's only 14% attack speed that we get, which is less impressive.

"
husker3011 wrote:

Use new crit strikes as support in mjolner,double the crit chance, double the flask charges, get around 73% more damage from critting abusing the multiplier from inquisitor not including the insane crit max pen buff from Inevitable Judgement

All of this sounds amazing for the build, but doesn't the increased critical strikes (for BOTH spells and attacks) run the risk of generating less power charges?

Also, for clearing maps in general, if you don't take the time to curse everything with ele weakness, isn't lightning pen more effective?
And for uber atziri, how do you overcap your resists enough with only the ring, belt and boots slots to be able to stay capped with the mirrored curse?

Finally, is conviction of power (Hierophant), 25% gain end charge when you gain a power charge, worth it? The 10% added damage taken from mana before life and extra ES can boost our EHP as well.
"
DerPizzadieb wrote:
The inquisitor has too much "Do this if that" which you guys seem to forget in your hype
not really, you just get flat 75% multi and insane amount of penetration if you crit and some if you don't, rest of it is attack speed and elemental damage bonuses that are just there for free.
And for the champion idea, I was going for that until I saw the critical strike gem change, it seems strong but I don't even know if the 6th link is worth it. It is better for HC leveling but for regular atziri/uber farming I think inqusitor with crit strike gem is miles above.
Its still all theory so who knows

"
PhD_Awesome wrote:

All of this sounds amazing for the build, but doesn't the increased critical strikes (for BOTH spells and attacks) run the risk of generating less power charges?

No, because you only link the crit inside the mjolner, not to your molten strike/lightning strike, so the charge generation will be pretty much the same
"
PhD_Awesome wrote:

Also, for clearing maps in general, if you don't take the time to curse everything with ele weakness, isn't lightning pen more effective?

lightning pen is better than iron will only in the case when mobs have 62% resist, and with the 10% pen to non crits and maximum pen to crits, this means that mobs would have to have 72% resist for lightning pen to be worth it (if you NEVER crit), and 90% of the mobs don't have that much resistance, and atziri bosses have 30% resist, so iron will is the one you should be thinking about ;p
after cursing lightning pen doesn't stand a chance
"
PhD_Awesome wrote:

And for uber atziri, how do you overcap your resists enough with only the ring, belt and boots slots to be able to stay capped with the mirrored curse?

spell totem-curse, helps a lot with vaals since you can put it on the center a bit to the vaal which is spawning second, so it curses the first and second vaal as soon as the come out ;)
gear(still not optimal, not recoloring for fortify until I decide if champion-duelist is worth it):
Spoiler
Last edited by husker3011 on Feb 27, 2016, 1:01:10 PM
Oh, makes a lot of sense, thanks!

Just a few more points:

"
husker3011 wrote:

No, because you only link the crit inside the mjolner, not to your molten strike/lightning strike, so the charge generation will be pretty much the same

My bad about the misunderstanding, I meant the 100% increased Critical Strike Chance against Enemies that are affected by no Elemental Status Ailments (Righteous Providence Keystone). That would mean that each new pack would be more likely to get crit by molten strike. It wouldn't affect bosses though, unless they spawn adds.

Having seen your gems, I'll have to try out shield charge (forgot it existed) instead of leap slam. The latter always felt clunky to me.
Also, why don't you swap out blood magic (linked to totem) to a golem (with CWDT, move totem 3L to shield)?
Last edited by PhD_Awesome on Feb 27, 2016, 7:47:58 PM
"
PhD_Awesome wrote:

My bad about the misunderstanding, I meant the 100% increased Critical Strike Chance against Enemies that are affected by no Elemental Status Ailments (Righteous Providence Keystone). That would mean that each new pack would be more likely to get crit by molten strike. It wouldn't affect bosses though, unless they spawn adds.

Having seen your gems, I'll have to try out shield charge (forgot it existed) instead of leap slam. The latter always felt clunky to me.
Also, why don't you swap out blood magic (linked to totem) to a golem (with CWDT, move totem 3L to shield)?

100% increased critical strike chance for a 5% crit mace is, well.. 5% more crit chance, which is such a small percantage it would not matter at all since they will most likely get shocked instantly.

Shield charge is great because it has no wind-up like leap slam, it scales with movement speed so having devoto's+quicksilver of adrenaline active makes you dodge double flameblasts way easier those times when you get a nice amount of discharge lag. But for mapping leap slam might be better just for the dashes.

I usually use the chaos golem in my helm where rightous fire is, for uber I use it on everything except vaals where i use the rightous fire, but on regular atziri i just never stop using rightous fire to get a better clear speed (since I never die). Also mana cost of the spell totem is kinda high so i prefer the blood magic, but its your choice to remove it.
Okay, I'm pretty much sold for the Inquisitor then. Thanks for the explanations! :)
Yeah, I tried out shield charge yesterday, it's amazing for running across the map. Basically almost like whirling blades, but you can't go through enemies.
@husker3011

All that crit chance for spells might be something to worry about when it comes to generating power charges, specially when you consider that non-crits from both Discharge and Arc also generate power charges.
With all that increased crit chance from New Increased Critical Strikes gem, keeping a high number of Power charges might be a problem.

We will generate a lot less power charges and will have a high chance to loose the ones we currently have.

Don't get me wrong though. I got really hyped with your Inquisitor points, since its A LOT a crit multiplier and resists penetration. But the core mechanics of the build might not allow Inquisitor to show all its power, due to lack of consistent power charge generation.

*And Im sad to see that Mjolner wont proc Mastermind of Discord from Elementalist =(
Inquisitor seems to be way better than Elementalist for elemental builds... lol

ps: sry for any english mistakes. Its not my native language.
Last edited by KaioNS on Feb 29, 2016, 1:57:33 PM
@KaioNS
I did take that into consideration.
We have 50% chance to cast the spells, the 11.5% or 6.5% just does not matter considering that its 6% against 50% casting.
The fact that arc/discharge won't deliver as much charges is important but not very imporant due to arc only being a 20% crit increase since it is a 5% base spell.
Even previously the amount of power charges was fluctuating, if you had more than 4-5-6 charges you'd see a lot of unstable discharges going from 3 to 6, so having -1 power charges on average should not matter in a long fight since we are only using 4. But you are right and SOME dps would be lost, but after doing the math inquisitor is just insane in the "ideal situation" so there has to be some drawback.
Last edited by husker3011 on Feb 29, 2016, 2:04:25 PM
"
husker3011 wrote:
@KaioNS
I did take that into consideration.
We have 50% chance to cast the spells, the 11.5% or 6.5% just does not matter considering that its 6% against 50% casting.
The fact that arc/discharge won't deliver as much charges is important but not very imporant due to arc only being a 20% crit increase since it is a 5% base spell.
Even previously the amount of power charges was fluctuating, if you had more than 4-5-6 charges you'd see a lot of unstable discharges going from 3 to 6, so having -1 power charges on average should not matter in a long fight since we are only using 4. But you are right and SOME dps would be lost, but after doing the math inquisitor is just insane in the "ideal situation" so there has to be some drawback.

I just realized that a edited my post just a few minutes before you replied. Sorry for that.

I removed the part about that "11,5% crit chance with Molten Strike and Lightning Strike" because the "100% increased crit chance" only applies when monster have no elemental effects on them. However, trash mobs die so fast, and high HP monsters usualy are shocked or ignited due to Arc/Discharge.
So, basically that 11,5% crit chance with the Mjolner Mace would happen usually on the initial hits.

I just had an ideia, and I would like you to know your opinion about it:

What if we link the New Crit Chance gem only to Discharge?
Since Discharge always consumes all power charges, if it lands a critical Romira's wont have any power charge to remove. And Arc would generate power charges more reliably, while still benefiting from the Crit Multiplier from Inquisitor passives when it lands a critical.

ps: forgot to post the source from my last post
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/459kc6/do_trigger_gems_coc_cwdt_etc_work_with_the/
Last edited by KaioNS on Feb 29, 2016, 2:31:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info