[2.0] Mjolner life based Rainbownuke witch, !!Deathless 82 Core/Uber!!

"

It's because the damage is split between two pools, Life and ES, instead of only ES and then Life. This way you make use of two sources of regen, both life (regen and 100Hp per end charge lost) and ES on hit.

So when you take hits it makes a difference because you also make use of the life regen all the time instead of only when your ES is down. The only time it won't help is when something has enough damage to one-shot you. Both methods end up mitigating the same damage in that case.

Ah, makes a lot of sense, thanks so much for the clear explanation!

"

This has nothing to do with chaos damage since it will still bypass our energy, get to our mana and since we have no mana, get directly to life pool.

Does chaos damage still bypass ES when we use EB and MOM? I had no idea.
"
PhD_Awesome wrote:

"

This has nothing to do with chaos damage since it will still bypass our energy, get to our mana and since we have no mana, get directly to life pool.

Does chaos damage still bypass ES when we use EB and MOM? I had no idea.

From the wiki:

"
Eldritch Battery and Chaos damage

If the node Eldritch Battery is chosen energy shield protects mana instead of life. This energy shield will absorb the converted damage before it is applied on mana. Since chaos damage bypasses energy shield the chaos damage will then be applied directly on mana.
My stream: https://www.twitch.tv/m_bison__
Having being one shotted a few times with the life+DPS build (by physical damage), I'm gonna try to switch to the build 3). It was my long term objective anyway.

I just have one question. Is it correct that I need either Voidbringer +1 or Enlighten 4 to run grace and the 2 purities ?

I started trying to corrupt few voidbringer because I'll never have the currency to buy a pair, but I'd like to be able to switch before that happens.
Last edited by wichtounet on Feb 22, 2016, 4:57:02 PM
"
wichtounet wrote:
Having being one shotted a few times with the life+DPS build (by physical damage), I'm gonna try to switch to the build 3). It was my long term objective anyway.

I just have one question. Is it correct that I need either Voidbringer +1 or Enlighten 4 to run grace and the 2 purities ?

I started trying to corrupt few voidbringer because I'll never have the currency to buy a pair, but I'd like to be able to switch before that happens.

Same here, I ripped 7 voidbringers so far with no +1. I decided to switch before I eventually get a pair.

If you're not using +1, then you need 4% extra reduced reservation somewhere. You can either use:

1. Enlighten 4

2. Champion of the cause aura nodes for 2 extra points in the duelist area.
With those aura nodes, you'll have 28% increased aura effectiveness (vs. 22%), which will increase your max resists from your purities to 5% (4% * 1.28 > 5%). So you get a maximum of 98% resists instead of 99%, which is still acceptable (until the flask nerf in 10 days).

"
PhD_Awesome wrote:
Same here, I ripped 7 voidbringers so far with no +1. I decided to switch before I eventually get a pair.

If you're not using +1, then you need 4% extra reduced reservation somewhere. You can either use:

1. Enlighten 4

2. Champion of the cause aura nodes for 2 extra points in the duelist area.
With those aura nodes, you'll have 28% increased aura effectiveness (vs. 22%), which will increase your max resists from your purities to 5% (4% * 1.28 > 5%). So you get a maximum of 98% resists instead of 99%, which is still acceptable (until the flask nerf in 10 days).

Thanks, that is what I thought.

I will use Champion of the Cause until I get my hands on a Voidbringer +1 or until I throw this char away if the flask nerf are too much for the build.
I may be wrong, but this (from alpha):

Seems like a very good fit for us :) We crit really often (but have "low" crit chance", but our crits are not so powerful (small multi), that may mean a very good DPS increase, don't you think ?

Given that we are "guaranteed" to crit at least once every 8 seconds, this would mean 40% MORE on all discharge/arc hits and given our "low" crit chance, we won't loose that much from the crits. This is especially true for the version 2 and 3 since we crit less and have less crit multi.

It is still alpha though, it may change before next week, but this seems like a very interesting keystone (at a very good position for us (only 2 points).

EDIT: Having run the claculation, it seems that we already have too much crit and crit multi to this to be interesting (I don't know the numbers for mom though).
Last edited by wichtounet on Feb 25, 2016, 1:41:50 PM
"
wichtounet wrote:

can be oneshot with Dominus, malachai .. slam :))
"
mrzack252 wrote:
"
wichtounet wrote:

can be oneshot with Dominus, malachai .. slam :))

Sure :D But I hope not being oneshotted by rare skeletons ;)
So what ascendancies are you gonna take for this build?
Was thinking Juggernaut or Elementalist, or maybe even Scion Pathfinder+something.
"
zozokek wrote:
So what ascendancies are you gonna take for this build?
Was thinking Juggernaut or Elementalist, or maybe even Scion Pathfinder+something.

I was thinking about this and made what is ultimately the best choice I think:

So, lets take a look at THE INQUISITOR:

Spoiler
Reasoning behind it is that the critical strike gem is getting a base additive spell crit to supported spells which seems to get around 2% at max level. Which means that discharge can become a 9% crit spell and arc/ball become 7%. Meaning that with the ~100% increased crit chance from the gem itself, discharge will go from 45% crit at 4 charges to 71% crit, and arc will go from 22% crit to 55% crit,doubling our previous average chance to crit, which means that we will get an insane amount of flask charges making us very tanky.
Aside of that, the inquisitor gives +75% multi, which means our old multi which was 230% is now 305%. And all of that is ignoring that Inevitable Judgement will give 10% pen to non crits and max pen to crit (30% to atziri bosses) which will result in a nasty MORE multiplier.
How much? Well previously critting was giving us 43.55% more damage, now (ignoring max resist pen) critting is giving us 116% more damage(~+50 for Atziri bosses with the penetration included), but we do lose the stats from iron will.

Thinking about it I think the era for iron will domination is coming to an end, even the 140% increased damage from it doesn't stand a chance against the huge amount of flask charges and multiplied damage that critical strikes provides.

TL;DR: Use new crit strikes as support in mjolner,double the crit chance, double the flask charges, get around 73% more damage from critting abusing the multiplier from inquisitor not including the insane crit max pen buff from Inevitable Judgement

PS. if anybody is out there still using lightning pen here's a link:
Last edited by husker3011 on Feb 26, 2016, 5:37:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info