Low fps or fps drops.

AMD user here aswell with fps drops... It's playable but no fun at all.

GGG Fix it or you will lose valueable customers.
I've been having this issue as well, defrag the game, hasn't helped much.
The game freezes up on the FPS drops too, it's pretty awful.

GTX 970, i7 4790k, 8GB DDR3 2400MHz CL9. Maybe installing it on SSD might help for me, granted, I don't see my FPS dipping to anything below 50. It does dip to 55 but the refresh rate of OSD Afterburner is probably not telling me the whole story here.
Since starting this post my fps went from bad to terrible. Last two days it was about 40fps average. I managed to make it a bit better by removing nvidia drivers with http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html and then installing them again.
Now my fps is again 60-150 and bit more steady. still getting drops down to 30 in fights tho.
Anyway theres something you ppl might wanna try to make your fps better.
it's definitely not exclusive to AMD users. I run a gtx 970 , 3.2 ghz quad core, 16 gb ram and no amount of tweaking settings fixes it. turning off lagstep for predictive mode maybe is a slight improvement i guess.
i <3 minesweeper
A friend of mine, aswell as myself to a lesser extent, are also having some nasty issues.

He's on a 2600k @ 4.8GHz, 16gb ram, 8gb 290x, at 1080p low settings, in a 3 man group, he can't stay over 15fps consistently.

For me, I'm on a 4930k @ 5.1GHz, 32gb ram, and 2x Titan x SC SLI. At 1440p/max in town I'll hold a steady 350 fps, but with 3 of us in a map with ground effects (shocking/chilled/corrupted ground etc) I'll struggle to hold 40fps. That's fairly abysmal performance for the system, all in all.
"
billynolegs wrote:
A friend of mine, aswell as myself to a lesser extent, are also having some nasty issues.

He's on a 2600k @ 4.8GHz, 16gb ram, 8gb 290x, at 1080p low settings, in a 3 man group, he can't stay over 15fps consistently.

For me, I'm on a 4930k @ 5.1GHz, 32gb ram, and 2x Titan x SC SLI. At 1440p/max in town I'll hold a steady 350 fps, but with 3 of us in a map with ground effects (shocking/chilled/corrupted ground etc) I'll struggle to hold 40fps. That's fairly abysmal performance for the system, all in all.

With this i would really want to know the exact spec of machine on which GGG is making their quality assurance / performance benchmakrs.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1349143
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Can confirm FPS spikes of peace - opening a strongbox hurts my heart every time

i7 4770k/16GB RAM/GTX 970 STRIX/840 PRO SSD

Would totally love some help on this issue.

Same issue here... Have not upgraded to the latest gfx drivers yet based on all the issues people seem to have with those...

i7 3770k @3.5GHz/32GB RAM/GTX 980 STRIX (driver 353.30)/Intel SSD
144Hz gsync monitor (running with gsync activated)
Personal feedback thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1345148
Same issue for me. Getting silly FPS drops on 270x. Have the game installed on SSD and using i5 cpu.

Things like:
- desecrated ground
- shocking ground
- certain mtx effects
- skeletons before Vaal in act2
- cold snap ice explosions
- pimped hideouts

will tank my FPS (to single digits sometimes).

Doesn't matter if I run the game on max settings or low settings.

My guess would be that there are issues with certain effects. For example I'm in town full of people and on ~100 fps and suddenly some guy pops in with mtx gear and FPS drops to ~30. When he leaves town it's back to ~100.

There should be an option to lower the quality of effects. For me it got to a point where I don't run desecrated ground maps any more because I don't want to play the game at 30 fps. Without desecrated ground I'm up to 100-200 fps.
"
Nayeen wrote:
There should be an option to lower the quality of effects. For me it got to a point where I don't run desecrated ground maps any more because I don't want to play the game at 30 fps. Without desecrated ground I'm up to 100-200 fps.

I agree it should be an option to turn down the quality of the effects. However computers with cards like Titan and GTX980Ti shouldn't need to...
Personal feedback thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1345148

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info