Low fps or fps drops.

"
I've had this exact same problem since I started this game a few years ago and I've settle on the conclusion that this game is not coded properly for AMD.

My current build is:
Fx-8350
R9 270x
8 GB DDR3 RAM
24" 1080p 60Hz 2MS Response Time LED

With this I am able to play most every game on high at 1080p with a comfy 60 FPS. At medium it would be a very rare steak that I would get below 60 FPS.

With Path of Exile I get constant frame drops down to the single digits. I've tried every graphics configuration. Every sound configuration. Putting --nosound in the launch properties. Messing with CCC. Nothing has worked and honestly things have only gotten worse.

TL;DR I honestly think it is mostly AMD users suffering from this and I would like an explanation as to why or why not.

Yeah its weird, the massive spiking of fps all over the place is on whatever graphics settings i set the game. As for the poorly coded for AMD that may be true, but I did not seem to have these issues on release of the expansion, and for the most part the game as always ran ok, even when I had a 6850. Who knows maybe it will somehow fix itself with the switch to win10 in the coming weeks.
Same issue here, i have a good gaming rig, almost new windows 8.1 Pro instalation, ssd drives, latest drivers, my computer doesnt overheat at all, i tried every possible solution and still the game runs really bad. My connection works fine, i dont have any issue playing any other game. The graphics max out look amazing, but the constant frame-drop makes me lose the will to play.

Specks
Windows 8.1
FX 8350 watercooled.
16gb ram
Geforce 970 - Gygabite G1
AOC E2752VH 27-Inch
ADLS 24mb/s
SSD 240gb
I'm a AMD user and have the same issue here. I've got constant FPS drops (200-5 fps) on every possible config.
For the love of all that is sacred, GGG. We need a solution. I've lost so much time/experience due to unnecessary deaths because of this.
Posting to say I'm having the same issue, FPS is stable in town and in hideout, as soon as I do maps/combat it spikes up and down between 40-100 rapidly, it's especially bad on maps with fire ground effects for some reason.

GTX 980 SC
1440p 144hz G-Sync Monitor

REGARDLESS of what my video settings are on this happens, I've tried everything and have come to the conclusion that this game as of recently is just shit optimized.

Would like a response from GGG on the issue.
The following are 2 screenshots I took to show the difference the terrible ground effects in this game make.

Labyrinth map with Desecrated ground (SHIT Fps and Fps Drops) these maps are terrible to do, luckily I cam across Zana who gave me a beautiful Dungeon map with amazingly smooth 144fps the whole way through.

And the Dungeon map, entering this map and noticing how smooth it is was like night and day from the previous. (144 Fps the whole way through)

As you can see, this is an utterly ridiculous FPS drop of 70!!! How is there this much of a difference between the 2 maps? I guess all I can do in the meantime is waste chaos trying to roll maps without these ground effects, until GGG disables them or fixes them somehow. A GTX980 should not take a hit of 70 fps from something as silly as this.

I only post this because I love this game and want to see it improve but the massive FPS decrease is killing the enjoyment for me :(

Still no word from GGG on this massive issue.

It makes the game quite uncomfortable especially when you play Tempest.

There is no difference between a 10 year old pc and a highend from this year in the FPS drops.

had 8800gtx upgraded to r9 290 tri-x.

There was litterally no difference at all. I wish a camera catched the surprised look on my face!
There seems to be a fair amount of evidence that FPS drops are a major problem with AMD cards. It would be nice to hear from an employee that they are aware of this and are either talking to AMD about this or fixing it themselves.
This is worse than The Witcher's fancy hair thing because at least you could turn that off.
same FPS heartbeat here, especially act4.

AMD here
Last edited by Witchfavorit on Jul 22, 2015, 7:28:52 AM
running Dunes with desecrated ground yesterday, drop from 100+ to 15 average.

After twerking (it's like tweaking, but harder) with my settings , with everything off, including after effect, AA, AS, mipmap levels and everything that i can change within driver settings (using RadeonPRO in case you don't know the tool, similar to Rivatuner or old ATI Tray Tools) i was able to manage to drop from 100+ to 40-50 which made the game playable, but ungly like my uncle Billy.

It reminds me ground effect on Ice Shot that was killing FPS years back.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info