Low fps or fps drops.

I guess I should add, i have a FX6300 (3.5gz) and R9 280x (1000, 1500) windows 7 latest update, and most recent AMD driver.
Having the same issue.

FX-8350
16gb ram
x2 r9 290x in xfire
SSD

2560x1440 144hz w/ freesync

my rig can run bf4 @ ultra at the native res with an average of 80fps

PoE has always run pretty sloppy for me (framerate drops in the single digits with a lot going on). Since the awakening, and especially with getting into maps it has become nearly unplayable for me.

hope this changes soon.
IGN: Orlyi
I can load up Witcher 3 and play 60fps on High graphics but cant play PoE without lag spikes and frame rate drops... there is obviously an issue with the game.
The item is yours when it is in your bag.
Radeon 6950HD, here, Putting in my 2 cents.

All other games run smooth as butter, but since 2.0 came out, PoE stutters around just as everyone else is describing.

Same issues. Can run GTAV on most ultra settings just fine. FPS drops like crazy now after patch. Have 16gb of ram, AMD FX 4300 3.8 quad core, AMD R9 290 GPU.
Deleted post
Last edited by vysirez on Jul 15, 2015, 9:31:23 PM
This still keeps happening. But i can live with it and wait for bug fixes. As long as the problem is not in my new rig. That would sucks. :)
Same here. 250+ fps but the game stutters like crazy. It was fine two days ago but now it's nearly unplayable.

edit:
Turning on predictiev mode seems to solve the issue for me.
"Axe bad! Fix please!"
Last edited by Strimlaren on Jul 16, 2015, 8:32:46 AM
i turn off shadows and it fix my fps problems
"What have you become when even nightmares fears you ?"
I've had this exact same problem since I started this game a few years ago and I've settle on the conclusion that this game is not coded properly for AMD.

My current build is:
Fx-8350
R9 270x
8 GB DDR3 RAM
24" 1080p 60Hz 2MS Response Time LED

With this I am able to play most every game on high at 1080p with a comfy 60 FPS. At medium it would be a very rare steak that I would get below 60 FPS.

With Path of Exile I get constant frame drops down to the single digits. I've tried every graphics configuration. Every sound configuration. Putting --nosound in the launch properties. Messing with CCC. Nothing has worked and honestly things have only gotten worse.

TL;DR I honestly think it is mostly AMD users suffering from this and I would like an explanation as to why or why not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info