[2.0] Dual Incinerate Totems 100k Aoe dps /// Rank #1 First Day --- Cheap

"
Our Ignite Damage is very small. So if u wanna make full use of your Ignite Chance buy a Three Dragon.

I've done some research and everybody appears to agree that you need shock chance with three dragons, not ignite chance. Otherwise you just increase your chance of the cold damage(hoi) to ignite. I can't test it since I only got 10% chance for everything from tree but it makes sense. This makes flammability significantly less useful and we should probably use elemental weakness for dps instead?

Anyway, I am now done with malachai cruel and in act 3 merciless. Since I play tempest I have now switched my 2nd wand to a shield (I lost about ~200 dps since I only had bad wands anyway :D). Around 2,6k tooltip and still killing merciless vaal reasonably fast. I also picked up +1 max endurance charge from oak for survivability instead of a skillpoint. Additionally I will drop the 10 skill nodes harrier/hired killer and get whispers of doom and cruel preparation instead. This will trade 28% spelldmg and 6%castspeed for 6% more life and an additional curse. I think that's quite a reasonable change since I will probably want to run enfeeble+temp chains in HC. Also this gives me the option to go for the heart of flame firedmg wheel if I want to make up for the lost dps.
"
vaynei wrote:
"
Our Ignite Damage is very small. So if u wanna make full use of your Ignite Chance buy a Three Dragon.

I've done some research and everybody appears to agree that you need shock chance with three dragons, not ignite chance. Otherwise you just increase your chance of the cold damage(hoi) to ignite. I can't test it since I only got 10% chance for everything from tree but it makes sense. This makes flammability significantly less useful and we should probably use elemental weakness for dps instead?

Anyway, I am now done with malachai cruel and in act 3 merciless. Since I play tempest I have now switched my 2nd wand to a shield (I lost about ~200 dps since I only had bad wands anyway :D). Around 2,6k tooltip and still killing merciless vaal reasonably fast. I also picked up +1 max endurance charge from oak for survivability instead of a skillpoint. Additionally I will drop the 10 skill nodes harrier/hired killer and get whispers of doom and cruel preparation instead. This will trade 28% spelldmg and 6%castspeed for 6% more life and an additional curse. I think that's quite a reasonable change since I will probably want to run enfeeble+temp chains in HC. Also this gives me the option to go for the heart of flame firedmg wheel if I want to make up for the lost dps.

meeeh. u are right... xD need chance to shock... so flammability is less useful =/

:edited my posts tho. thanks ^^
Last edited by Ronskibonski on Jul 24, 2015, 10:14:29 AM
Current Gear

Stats

Res aside kinda glass cannon but not finding any upgrades tho.. some of my gear is crap and I'm lacking dex to wear my new boots. Not quite sure what to upgrade now.
Last edited by DarkKaine on Jul 24, 2015, 12:44:20 PM
"
DarkKaine wrote:
Current Gear

Stats

Res aside kinda glass cannon but not finding any upgrades tho.. some of my gear is crap and I'm lacking dex to wear my new boots. Not quite sure what to upgrade now.

You'll have a tough time leveling once you start doing higher lvl maps, jumping goatmen and archers can one shot you from a distance. I suggest that you start layering armor into your gears, if not straight ar based, certainly hybrid gears. Also setup a back up weapon set w/ wand/sceptre plus Lioneye's Remorse(3-5c) here is what I have
Gear

Last edited by Gavuun on Jul 24, 2015, 2:58:53 PM
Ronskibonski! Man! can make a witch talents. I do not want to creat a new character... :( help me for my witch!
RIP.
Last update: Lvl 69. Died to Triskeriaki in Kaom's Dream merciless, possessed by 'Substantial Extra Physical Damage' tormented spirit. His 3 projectile arms basically oneshot me. Pretty rippy miniboss in all difficulties even without tormented spirits, lol.
3,7k HP; 2k armour ~4k tooltip dps.
But I feel that what Gavuun said is true. Wand+shield is not enough vs high physical dmg threats. Additionally we probably need high armour/coil/blind at least for hardcore. Blind definitely helps vs single targets but requires your totem's to hit the right thing.

Aynway this build was very fun to level with, it felt strong all the way. Good luck to any hardcore player out there with this build.

The gear I died with (yes I know molten shell won't trigger):
Spoiler
Last edited by vaynei on Jul 25, 2015, 7:58:14 PM
Where do we get Endurance charges for Immortal Call from?
"
vaynei wrote:
RIP.
Last update: Lvl 69. Died to Triskeriaki in Kaom's Dream merciless, possessed by 'Substantial Extra Physical Damage' tormented spirit. His 3 projectile arms basically oneshot me. Pretty rippy miniboss in all difficulties even without tormented spirits, lol.
3,7k HP; 2k armour ~4k tooltip dps.
But I feel that what Gavuun said is true. Wand+shield is not enough vs high physical dmg threats. Additionally we probably need high armour/coil/blind at least for hardcore. Blind definitely helps vs single targets but requires your totem's to hit the right thing.

Aynway this build was very fun to level with, it felt strong all the way. Good luck to any hardcore player out there with this build.

Don't get discouraged. Actually there is no need to finish the story line mode at all. At lvl 69, I'd start doing maps to lvl ur char to at least the mid 70's and more importantly farm Dominus to build up currency. Doryani's sceptrs aren't expensive, neither is Lioneye's remorse. Also 6L crap rare/blue/white Ringmail/chainmail is at most 7ex.(if that's too expensive, then a 5L is much cheaper). Once you get all that, and tool tip DPS at least 12K plus, clearing Act 4 would be much easier.

Btw, I swapped out fire penetration with added chaos dmg. W/ flammability curse, the fire pen. gem seems like a bit of an overkill. Added chaos skill gem would boost your dps quite a bit. Also, at lvl 69, why's ur tool tip only 4k? u def. need better gears.
Last edited by Gavuun on Jul 25, 2015, 6:03:02 PM
Why so few hp?
So I had always wondered about 3 Dragons while playing self cast incinerate. With the spell doing many small hits quickly, and with the spell totem dmg reduction, do you guys find yourselves able to shock well in higher level maps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info