[2.0] Dual Incinerate Totems 100k Aoe dps /// Rank #1 First Day --- Cheap

"
smartybarty wrote:
Spoiler
"
pomitroni wrote:
im going to be following your guide, can you tell me what parts of the tree you got at certain levels

doesn't really matter but go for Life first especially when your playing HC leagues!

best to take all scion nodes first than just progress towards dual totems after that go into the templar part + the cluster below dual totems, after that focus on mana reservation reduction to run 3rd aura than go towards witch

Playing on Tempest I've changed the Tree slightly > https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABA3UEBwSzCGcNzRBYEMwRLRZvFy8YPBhWGjgabBzOHNwfAiHDJKok2CcvKhMrUCu2LJwtqDI0NZI26TpYOtg64TwtPQ9Bh0WdRtdLV0yzTeNTUlXGVdZX4Vh3WOVZ81orXl1fBGP9ZOdmVGaeaPJvnnGFcg965nsgfIN8u4CkgpuDCYNfg8yD24VthXuHZYxGjxqQVZDWkSuTOpo7muCdrqIAo_KmV6cIp5Svp6-3sUKxkLc-t9a9J76AwGbA48MTxPbGrtAf0f3VgdWm2CTYvdq521nhc-Nq6-7sOO087-vwH_Gz8kX4k_ll-ej60v4K_lT-h_6P

ALSO NOT IN GUIDE (AT LEAST I DONT THINK SO!)

>> PUT SPIRE OF STONE IN THE JEWEL SLOT OF THE TEMPLAR CLOSE TO DUAL TOTEM NODE TO GET MAX %LIFE FOR TOTEMS!!!

should be 27% extra life!!

In your first post you said the tree could be adjusted to use ape's can you indicate what would you adjust?
"
Gluecker wrote:
I want to point out that probably the only good reason to go rf is doing Atziri, since there are some mapmods you need to adapt to on the fly as rf. You also restrict yourself to ceartain gear and your dps is high enough with other versions too.

current gear (decent but by far not the best, esp elreon ring, gloves and boots):
Spoiler

what I used at lower level (meaning less lifereg from tree):
Spoiler

for blooddance to work I used frenzy+gmp (you need a wand there or its annoying as f)
wand with +1 fire as long as you dont have lvl20 purity

Jewels:
Spoiler

I swap between enduring and rallying cry, depending on the situation.

Tree

overall not that cheap and also not really well optimized but I think you can work with that.

What are these other versions? How to improve my character? (character in my profil(sorry iam new to the forum/game and dont know how to post this)). I have 3-4ex to trade into gear/gems

dps unbuffed 7,3k
res 75/75/75/-33
ES 850
life 3,3k
shield 300
Last edited by snejjjj on Sep 5, 2015, 1:43:26 AM
"
snejjjj wrote:

What are these other versions? How to improve my character? (character in my profil(sorry iam new to the forum/game and dont know how to post this)). I have 3-4ex to trade into gear/gems

dps unbuffed 7,3k
res 75/75/75/-33
ES 850
life 3,3k
shield 300

Are you playing rf? The "other versions" referes to my rf take take on incinerate totem vs the build presented by op and possibly modifications of that.
I assume you are playing the non-rf version.

Whats your gear/gem setup?
You can link these by clicking at the icon of your character at the top of the "Post Reply" window. Clicking on the Items will link them in your post.

If your dps is 7,3k tooltip unbuffed thats actually decent, since incinerate will give you +3*100% more damage, resulting in 7,3k*(1+3)*2=58,4k (with both totems up and a little time to get the stages going). With anger and heralds and assuming you have firepen in your link, this seems good even for mid-high mapping.
Id probably go for more life/ES first and get the grind to 20/20+ gems going (if you dont have them already). 20/20 gems gave me a huge clearspeed increase.

I think it might be good for you to just experiment with gear and gem setups to get a feeling for the game. dont focus too much on dps numbers, just get in a 70+ zone and kill stuff. you should notice a difference in your clearspeed if it matters.
For example, I value the projspeed over the more multiplier of "slower projectiles" for clearspeed in maps. Killing the whole screen in 2sec is faster than killing five small packs in 0.5 sec each, you know ;) All this assuming you actually survive.
Last edited by Gluecker on Sep 5, 2015, 1:31:09 PM
Tried Atziri first time today, and got my a** handed to me :-p
(I almost had her when I died the last time)

Everything up to Atziri was no problem at all...

I've already found one problem, that I only had 20% speed boots on, but the flameblasts were really doing a LOT of damage. I should probably get rid of the gloves too... I had a single Ruby flask plus a number of Staunching and a Quicksilver

I'm thinking trying with a Rise of the Phoenix shield and Purity of Fire aura up. Any other suggestions?

Current gear...
Spoiler

Gem's used for bottom four Totem gems and curse (the ones in the equipment are being levelled)...
Spoiler

Gear I should probably use instead... ?
Spoiler
Last edited by Cyzax on Sep 6, 2015, 6:11:08 AM
Great build

Just wondering, have you tried the totemic zeal node ? I mean u get 45% placement speed and some cast speed, wondering if its worth takin it
Hi all...

Started this build in 1M league.

Playing casual so I doubt I'll ever reach 85+ in a month but that doesnt matter to me.

I was very lucky and hillock normal difficulty dropped me a lifesprig looool.

Bought a soul mantle and going triple totem atm.
3h later, dropped a soul mantle haha :)

Been using:

incinerate + fast cast + fire pen + LMP
BUT
bought rain of splinters today 34% and is a very decent dps boost.
The greater boost however is from the free slot I gained by getting rid of LMP and placing fast projectiles.
OMG range almost doubled and clearspeed went crazy.

rain of splinters really IS mandatory.

2700dps tooltip atm x 4 x 3 = alot of dps for that lvl.

the cons:
resists are junk (bad gear)
squishy as fuck (2700hp + 300+-es)
stun is fucking me

Oh well, I'll see where it gets me :)
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
I've been running this build in 1 month and making crazy bank selling my loots.

I think i'm doing incredibly well gear wise for time in league so far and my level, currently working through level 86 to 87.

Using the build of the op basically exactly. My gear currently (showing mf and leveling alternatives on boots and gloves):

I have a hair over 14,000 tooltip dps with anger and herlads running. 10,962 tooltip without any of my buffs on, so really it's totally possible at this point to swap some for defense as i get into even higher tier maps, my gems are only level 19 right now.

Clear speed and dps feels insane.

I havn't even considered buying a rain of splinters yet cause the totems just smoke everything rediculously fast.

In MF gloves / boots i'm 4257 life and about 2000 armor right now, more in leveling gloves/boots. Life nodes will be picked up through level 90 (i have the scion life circle only half done).
Hi,

A little change below templar area to get 10 more dext: tree. Dext can be so hard to get I think it's welcomed.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Oct 10, 2015, 11:34:01 AM
Hey, thanks for this great build. I've been using it as an inspiration for my own build. There's one thing that bothers me though: I'm using Three Dragons, grabbed +10% freeze/ignite/shock from the tree, have HoI and HoT activated and as far as I can tell, the Heralds' secondary effects never go off. The only time I've seen lightning rain from the sky was when I had a Diamond Shrine active (coincidence? I think not).

Is it just me or are the status ailments, which are supposed to be applied when using the two Heralds and Three Dragons, just not happening? Is it because Incinerate can't crit? What else could cause this behavior?

Now I'm thinking of replacing the Heralds with Anger (been running Discipline next to Heralds) and remove Three Dragons altogether..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info