[2.1 Video Guide] Crit Magma Orb Guide - Dropping Bombs! [SC Build & Atziri Viable]

"
"
axd6 wrote:
Nice build, try rejunvenation totem (linked with inc duration) for a nice life regen that equals to mana (es) regen

That is actually a really cool idea man! Thanks =)

I'm using your build, but just replace the blood magic from your "Enduring Cry, Vaal Discipline, Increased Duration and Blood Magic" with the rejuvenation totem that greatly benefits the increased duration.

The mana you loose by taking away blood magic on the enduring cry cast is completely worth for the regen you gain from the totem.

It serves many purposes :

1. Having a reliable source of mana (es) regen
2. Great when spaming that in front of heavy projectile dealers (devourers) (cast 1-2 magma orbs and totem in front of you/them, and repeat until it dies, just follow their attack/cast speed and it should be easy to front tank any slow heavy projectile dealers)
3. It can distract mobs / bosses when you're just spamming bombs on their faces
4. If you play in a party with a life based melee char like I do, it helps him distract mobs and the regen buff isnt bad either for his sustain.

I'm playing with flame dash instead of lWarp, cuz its just more graceful.

This build is strong when you're not focused, cause you lack of a real life regen source (no life regen, no leech, and the MoM+AA isnt enough), having 2 instant flasks and one with quick recovery is the key (and the only way to handle damage), so i strongly encourage you to play this build with a melee char mate (mine is playing cyclone, and it synergises pretty well).

Edit : I figured why you put blood magic: to avoid the ES delay reset when spaming Enduring cry. But its ok even with that. But to optimize that, you can use flame dash like me and save 2 gems slots for rejuvenation totem + inc duration, keeping your blood magic.
Last edited by axd6 on Jul 14, 2015, 6:45:31 PM
"
Vallerian wrote:
Hey :)

Just wanted to thank you for this build. It gets better and better each day.
I guess I had to "learn" how to play again...the previous build was just life leeching his way through everything! ^^

Did some 74/75 maps today and it went well. Hit 82 now, too!

I have some questions nonetheless.
I am using the three mentioned uniques already, rares in the other slots.
I'd like to know if there are certain other uniques to look for and if so, which that would be to improve the build further.

Another question:
I currently have no quality gems for this build and I'm asking myself which of the gems are really worth getting with 20quali...sure in the end all of them...but due to a lack of currency I have to get them one after another...so which ones would give the biggest upgrade?

Thank you again! :)

I am glad it is working for you man!

1. I dont have any more unique suggestions for it atm, but I may add more as the league progresses and we learn of some of the new ones introduced with the awakening.

2. I suggest getting quality on all of the magma orb support gems, including magma orb. Besides that Arctic armour provides a nice movement boost with quality =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Do we use any jewels in this build? I don't see any slots in the passive tree for jewels.
am I doing sumthing wrong I cant run all 3 auras and aa :/ purity of fire is 35% reseve
"
am I doing sumthing wrong I cant run all 3 auras and aa :/ purity of fire is 35% reseve

To run all of the mana reserve effects you have to have taken the Reduced Mana Reserved nodes. If you're following the video guide, he takes them quite late. If you want to run Purity of Fire now, you can take those nodes early. Personally I just didn't bother with Purity of Fire until very high level as it just never really felt necessary.
how high? im 60 right now and ty :)
also can anyone explain to me the difference between crit strike chance and crit strike chance for spells which one should I focus? cause his guide just says crit strike chance
Last edited by mf22gamer on Jul 14, 2015, 10:25:33 PM
"
hfxRos wrote:
"

To run all of the mana reserve effects you have to have taken the Reduced Mana Reserved nodes. If you're following the video guide, he takes them quite late. If you want to run Purity of Fire now, you can take those nodes early. Personally I just didn't bother with Purity of Fire until very high level as it just never really felt necessary.

Yea purity of fire should be picked up late in the game when you start to deal so much damage that it can potentially be a threat to you if it is reflected.

In many cases this means anywhere after 60-70+ depending on your gear =)
"
qdoba wrote:
Do we use any jewels in this build? I don't see any slots in the passive tree for jewels.

The build doesn't need any jewels to do well, however if you find good rare ones that provides better stats than comparable skill-nodes/notables then I of course suggest spending the skill-point to be able to use the jewel.
Hi,

Thank you for your build, this is indeed quite fun and effective ;).

I'm not an experimented PoE player (just reached lvl 66 in HC with this first char - was initially using kinetic blast before awakening free reroll !) and was wondering how the survival works.

As far as I understand 30 % of the damage is dealt to the ES which benefits from the life regenation - but the remaining 70 % (roughly) are dealt to life and flasks (surgeon) are the only way to offset that. Am I correct ?

Isn't that a bit tricky against bosses ?

Main purpose of Purity of Fire is survivability against reflect - but - I went for the Management Reduction nodes early (around 60) in order to not worry about fire resistance and subsequently easier to swap gear around.

Basically it's good if you're on a tight budget.

-edit: dat autocorrect. I'll leave it in for glory.
Last edited by Zoxjib on Jul 15, 2015, 9:09:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info