[2.1 Video Guide] Crit Magma Orb Guide - Dropping Bombs! [SC Build & Atziri Viable]

so I was trying to get my potions there isn't a pot with surgeon an d seeting mod on it
"
KowaPoE wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for your build, this is indeed quite fun and effective ;).

I'm not an experimented PoE player (just reached lvl 66 in HC with this first char - was initially using kinetic blast before awakening free reroll !) and was wondering how the survival works.

As far as I understand 30 % of the damage is dealt to the ES which benefits from the life regenation - but the remaining 70 % (roughly) are dealt to life and flasks (surgeon) are the only way to offset that. Am I correct ?

Isn't that a bit tricky against bosses ?

My pleasure, glad you like it!

That is correct, well you also use arctic armour to reduce the incoming damage together with the physical damage reduction the endurance charges provide :)

This is actually a very solid defense against bosses, however it can be tricky against legions of ranged monsters hitting you over and over, thus preventing your energy shield from recharging.
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Jul 15, 2015, 3:50:29 PM
Tried this build on the new Warbands league, using tabula and still some crappy gear.

I do have mana issues, not much I can do unless grab a mana pot or tweak the skill tree. However, I have an extra socket in one of my rings and Vaal Clarity is an amazing addition if you obv have a free socket in your ring.

Nice build tho! Thanks for sharing.
should I use eternal potions or stick with divine?
How do you sustain MoM and AA without much life regen on the tree? :/

I got 20 es reg/second and its feeling kinda clunky with a 5L magma orb!

I'm using enduring cry aswell.
thank you very much for this build. i am using your build with very crappy gear now and i can solo merciless act 2 boss fast!! and i didnt using codt gem yet! thats amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0xC3MNlJw
Last edited by Aplanerx on Jul 16, 2015, 2:37:11 AM
"
AntaDriptan wrote:
How do you sustain MoM and AA without much life regen on the tree? :/

I got 20 es reg/second and its feeling kinda clunky with a 5L magma orb!

I'm using enduring cry aswell.

Try that : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1306118/page/9#p10971114

Also, try to get some flat "Life regen" on gear, that's actually pretty good. And dont forget that the % life regen scales on your total ES, so to have as many ES as possible (1000 is good)

Anyone tried these boots? Im trying them out at aqueducts merc atm and they seem pretty nice. 3% es regen and 12% MORE damage.
Hi there,
thanks for sharing this build, its really nice and does a lot of fun. Im currently in leveling process merciless act 3. But i tried to find a way to counter out the missing life reg. My idea was using

I know you said, the base build is without any unique items, but this ring brings a lot of options in the build.
In theorycrafting i would use this mace for getting a lifeleech.

So if im not using zealot oath, i can reg the 1,8% life from the tree, get 4% Energy-reg from the Shavronne`s and 0,2% lifeleech from the Doryani's. Does that work? Could anyone test this idea for late game and mepping?
Hi Lifting-

I really like your guides and am so far enjoying my first foray into the crit magma orb build. I am curious - I do not see any Jewel slows allocated in your tree. Are you recommending NOT using a jewel? If we did want to use a jewel, where would you recommend changing your tree to best allow the use of a jewel, without potentially altering your build too much?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info