[2.1 Video Guide] Crit Magma Orb Guide - Dropping Bombs! [SC Build & Atziri Viable]

Very nice build, reached lvl 86 on tempest but graveyard Merveil instakilled me. Definitely had a lot of fun, great for a first character too.
I'm only level 73 following this build, but I decided to try a pair of Blood Dance boots that dropped.

Holy crap do they make a huge difference. No more energy shield/mana issues. Now when I kill things, I generate Frenzy charges which grant life regen, which (thanks to Zealot's Oath) recharges my energy shield faster than I can spend it. Is it just me or did Lifting have us take ZO, but then never really prioritize getting life regen? I had been running a vitality aura to try to help, but that's not necessary any more since I put on these boots. Anyway, it's tough to get sockets colored correctly on Blood Dance, but it seems pretty tough to get all your sockets colored correctly for this build anyway. Vorici helps.
As a side note, it's also kind of cool to have all three kinds of charges circling around you all the time.
Last edited by vladtepes2000 on Sep 24, 2015, 10:44:46 AM
Why do you not take the Annihilation passive on the tree, is 50% crit and 10% critical multiplier not good?
would you consider using iron will or gmp/lmp and do you think this build could use both firesotrm and magma orb ? and do you consider updating a bi since your last update was at july?
Build updated for 2.1.

Magma Orb has been buffed:

Magma Orb Damage effectiveness: (from 80% to 125%)

Magma Orb, in addition to its damage buff, gains an additional chain at level 10, and another at level 21.

I recommend watching the video to get an idea on how to level the character and understand the mechanics. It is a 2.0 build though,so some of the information is a bit outdated, but it shouldnt matter too much.

Best of luck bros! :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
vladtepes2000 wrote:
I'm only level 73 following this build, but I decided to try a pair of Blood Dance boots that dropped.

Holy crap do they make a huge difference. No more energy shield/mana issues. Now when I kill things, I generate Frenzy charges which grant life regen, which (thanks to Zealot's Oath) recharges my energy shield faster than I can spend it. Is it just me or did Lifting have us take ZO, but then never really prioritize getting life regen? I had been running a vitality aura to try to help, but that's not necessary any more since I put on these boots. Anyway, it's tough to get sockets colored correctly on Blood Dance, but it seems pretty tough to get all your sockets colored correctly for this build anyway. Vorici helps.
As a side note, it's also kind of cool to have all three kinds of charges circling around you all the time.

I like the idea of the Blood Dance boots!

The life regen comes from the self cast of enduring cry. I mention this several times in the video, so as to avoid confusion =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Unfortunately Slower Projectiles doesn't work with Magma Orb anymore.

Any suggestions for a new support gem? I think Added Lightning or Added Chaos would be good due to the effectiveness buff.
Last edited by bl4ckm4mb4 on Dec 11, 2015, 8:32:01 PM
"
larkstongue wrote:
Okay. Reporting back in. Level 83 atm 4k HP 1300 ES. I was pretty much mirroring the guide. Had 6l orb - fire pen - spell echo - inc aoe - inc crit dmg - slower proj. Without power charges I was at 34k tooltip getting upwards of 55k or so with charges/haste.

I quickly realized that higher level maps (75/76) were absolutely intolerable to play.

Refunded the mana reserve nodes and ZO, then went into Ghost Reaver + Vaal Pact. The difference is astounding. Had to sacrifice crit dmg for life leech in my 6l but so far it seems totally worth it as my survivability is... well actual survivability now, MoM is working for me instead of against me. EC spam is no longer necessary to maintain ES and it feels golden.
Ok im only 70 but the MVP award definitely goes to this bloke, took me about 9 respecs to do exactly what he says above, but now my mana is 'almost' unlimited, energy shield is very hard to even more and it regens while casting..

Health/Surviability also seems much better, not 100% sure why, I did take Life Leech on chest and thats gold, like a 2nd life flask.. and im face-tanking some packs in Act4 Merciless (well more for fun, its not recommended lol).

Ive got off the template a bit now, as mentioned in the post, some of the skills seemed to be working against eachother.. im also running a fire totem (with culling/rarity), ive always had one anyway just for scary fights where I couldnt stand and dps.. but now I use it for farming anyway, so its a double win..

Im also experimenting right now running Arctic Armor and all 3 Pacts (Ice/Ash/Light) oh and a Flame Golem, not sure if this is smart.. but it works.. you dont actually need mana for much else since ES is so strong.. although.. mana is also absorbing some damage through MoM, so that is 1 reason you might not want to drain your mana completely.. anyhow.. you have options thats the key here.. def would not take the original build.

Ok that was just a flat rant since its 2am.. Ill report back in a week or 2, keen to see where we go from here, its feeling very strong.

Edit: Also mentioning ive stopped using Enduring Cry for now, if content gets hard enough ill add it back in (instead of flame golem), but so far so good.
Last edited by adso555 on Dec 23, 2015, 9:32:54 AM
Updated 2.1 tree plz?
Slower Projectiles doesnt wwork at all with this skill anymore :D

Hope it's only a bug that's getting corrected soon, since it was the main +dmg support gem for the build. How do you even play this without the Slower Projectiles dmg??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info