[2.1 Video Guide] Crit Magma Orb Guide - Dropping Bombs! [SC Build & Atziri Viable]

Actually, there's a mistake.. I'm missing a defrost flask... But, well, up to you. Maybe drop the Surgeon on the 1st life flask, or the extra speed on the Quicksilver.
Great guide thanks man, working out for me so far.

I've got two question tho:

If you have a 6l would you rather go for faster casting or critical hit damage?

How much ES do you suggest i need to skill the notes Eldritch Battery, Mind over Matter and Zealot's Oath? ~approximately =)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Last edited by dANNY187 on Jul 13, 2015, 7:44:31 AM
I'm currently trying this build in Tempest, but I'm not convinced about the survivability. Is life + MoM enough in 2.0? Considering this build has low armour/evasion and AA is unreliable now
I'm starting to think its pretty bad at HC and endgame in general...

The fact you have to use ZO and BM+EC to refill mana means in some cases you'll be cornered without the ability to attack at all.

Very sketchy build... It still works for me in Merciless, mostly welf-found gear so its great for building up your wealth but I wouldn't expect much more of it without respecting it quite heavily.
"
I'm starting to think its pretty bad at HC and endgame in general...

The fact you have to use ZO and BM+EC to refill mana means in some cases you'll be cornered without the ability to attack at all.

Very sketchy build... It still works for me in Merciless, mostly welf-found gear so its great for building up your wealth but I wouldn't expect much more of it without respecting it quite heavily.

For those situations you need to use vaal discipline. It is all explained in the video.

I would also suggest that you actually try to get to end-game before you judge whether or not it is end-game viable.

I did 76 maps with this build without issues. You simply have to accept that the build requires active gameplay. It is not a "right-click" only build.

The EB/ZO/MoM is very common type of defence for casters in The Awakening.
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
dANNY187 wrote:
Great guide thanks man, working out for me so far.

I've got two question tho:

If you have a 6l would you rather go for faster casting or critical hit damage?

How much ES do you suggest i need to skill the notes Eldritch Battery, Mind over Matter and Zealot's Oath? ~approximately =)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Faster casting if you are concerned about reflect and critical hit damage if you want the most dps :)

I would recommend having about 1000 ES at least before you spec into the EB/MoM/ZO. This can be a little hard to obtain at the early levels, but it is definitely doable =)
Alright, after going back to this build after a few days, I feel Three Dragons is pretty important. Herald of Thunder doesn't really do enough damage since the expansion to apply a meaningful duration of shock, but with Three Dragons I'm constantly at max power charges, and with that my mana issues go away. Then I actually start doing damage, too.
Hello,

i tried your build and i am at level 32 atm. I just got Ball Lightning and for me personally, this skill FEEL's way better and is much more fun (once again: for me, personally :) ).

Do you think your skilltree is viable for Ball lightning too? (With a little bit of tweaking in the starting area of course). I think it is, because the focus on criticals and AoE should serve ball lightning very well.

Kühler.
I'm not convinced about this on Shadow. I think it takes way too many points to get across to the AoE nodes etc.
"
Kuehler wrote:
Hello,

i tried your build and i am at level 32 atm. I just got Ball Lightning and for me personally, this skill FEEL's way better and is much more fun (once again: for me, personally :) ).

Do you think your skilltree is viable for Ball lightning too? (With a little bit of tweaking in the starting area of course). I think it is, because the focus on criticals and AoE should serve ball lightning very well.

Kühler.

I like Ball Lighting a lot as well, and it is important to note that I am not claiming that Magma Orb is superior to any other skill :)

The skill-tree can work for crit ball lightning yea, you do of course need to spec out of fire damage etc :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info