[2.1 Video Guide] Crit Magma Orb Guide - Dropping Bombs! [SC Build & Atziri Viable]

Going live on twitch in 10 minutes if you guys have questions =)

www.twitch.tv/liftingnerdbro
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
"
Sinnerrr wrote:
How will looks 4L Magma Orb setup ? :)

Magma Orb, Spell Echo, Fire Penetration and Slower projectiles.

Thanks mate :)
"
"
Why are you avoiding ALL jewel spots? Jewels bring insane stats which outperform many nodes, it is not that hard to find the right ones & even blue ones can bring something like +16% Fire Damage & +16% Spell Damage (which is obviously much more damage than most nodes offer!).

For example - let's have a view at the final build. It uses 4 points to get to "Arcane Potency" in the upper left. Those 4 points are sinking into: +10 Int, +30% Crit Multi, +50% Crit Chance.
If you would spend those 4 points differntly, you could get 2 jewel spots and +20 Int. A perfectly rolled rare gem (if you would choose to take crit - which is inferior to the spell damage possibilities!) the maximum you could get are per gem 28% Spellcrit Chance & 22% Crit Multiplier. Because you can have two gems in this scenario, you would get in the end +20 Int (instead of 10), 44% Crit M. (instead of 30%) and 56% Crit Chance. If you would go for Spell Damage instead, your damage increase would be even higher (even if the jewel is not perfectly rolled), because as op stated, crit is not your first priority - furthermore there are also some pretty epic uniques.

I do believe that this build works, but it is not optimized from my point of view, it lacks in usage of the new awakening-game-mechanics.

It is a fair point, and I agree that if you find good jewels then you of course need to re-evaluate if you want to spend a few skill points getting jewel slots OR the regular suggest nodes.

Not everybody will get these jewels though and it is much easier to understand a tree that planeed and suited for normal level progression rather than a random chance of getting good jewels, and that is why I don't mention these.

I do suggest affixes that I suggest you craft or get on your gear. This of course includes jewels as well.

Maybe then you will show how will look like tree if u have a good jewels mate?
What do you think about a Pledge of Hands? Could be good but you sacrifice too much crit chance?
Can you elaborate a little about the mid-game progression? Which is higher priority, MoM, EB or ZO? What do you make sure you have before taking these passives?

What about flasks, etc?
Hello again!

You were right! ;)
After leveling the gems I can now reach 12k DPS with power charges...which seems still too low for the three suggested uniques...
I also redistributed some points to get reduced mana reserved (somehow missed that the first time).

All in all the dmg seems somewhat fine...but the real issue seems to be survivability.
I have 4k HP and 1.4k ES, I am res capped (besides chaos) even with resistance curses or stuff like that. But as soon as one or two mobs get in melee range (teleport etc.) or if there are several ranged mobs I get wrecked hard...even with flasks up...and two life flasks are not nearly enough for all those nasty ranged bosses.

Did a lvl 73 map with lightning Piety at the end (I guess..it was late ^^)...and as soon as one of the lightning strikes hit me, I was nearly dead...
If I open strongboxes and/or get surrounded I am dead almost every time (lightning warp sucks as an escape tool and EC/IC are not castable fast enough)...

I'm lvl 80 and can't advance through maps because I keep dying so often... :/
And I honestly don't know what to do to fix that... :/
"
Can you elaborate a little about the mid-game progression? Which is higher priority, MoM, EB or ZO? What do you make sure you have before taking these passives?

What about flasks, etc?

Please watch the video mate. It is all in there.
Thoughts on the Three Dragons Unique? Seems like it could make everything explode even more.
"
Vallerian wrote:
Hello again!

You were right! ;)
After leveling the gems I can now reach 12k DPS with power charges...which seems still too low for the three suggested uniques...
I also redistributed some points to get reduced mana reserved (somehow missed that the first time).

All in all the dmg seems somewhat fine...but the real issue seems to be survivability.
I have 4k HP and 1.4k ES, I am res capped (besides chaos) even with resistance curses or stuff like that. But as soon as one or two mobs get in melee range (teleport etc.) or if there are several ranged mobs I get wrecked hard...even with flasks up...and two life flasks are not nearly enough for all those nasty ranged bosses.

Did a lvl 73 map with lightning Piety at the end (I guess..it was late ^^)...and as soon as one of the lightning strikes hit me, I was nearly dead...
If I open strongboxes and/or get surrounded I am dead almost every time (lightning warp sucks as an escape tool and EC/IC are not castable fast enough)...

I'm lvl 80 and can't advance through maps because I keep dying so often... :/
And I honestly don't know what to do to fix that... :/

You will be able to get MUCH more dps. I just had somebody in my stream telling me that by following this build he ended at around 45.000 dps :)

Not sure why you keep dying mate? :/
wonder what their gear was what kind of ammy should I use just basic one that goes by the rules of stats? im just not sure what pieces I should go offence and defence

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info