[2.1 Video Guide] Crit Magma Orb Guide - Dropping Bombs! [SC Build & Atziri Viable]

Have been following this one. Normal was a little slow, the skill is not the greatest for low level, perhaps Flameblast or Firetrap is a better idea. The fact I'm in a crappy hotel on a crappy laptop with either a crappy wifi or a crappy 3g connection didn't help.

Now in Cruel, with Magma Orb + Spell Echo + Fire Penetration in a +1 all skills wand and the Curse on Hit 4-Link I'm practically face-rolling through the game.

I can't wait to see how it fares in Merciless. :)
Why are you avoiding ALL jewel spots? Jewels bring insane stats which outperform many nodes, it is not that hard to find the right ones & even blue ones can bring something like +16% Fire Damage & +16% Spell Damage (which is obviously much more damage than most nodes offer!).

For example - let's have a view at the final build. It uses 4 points to get to "Arcane Potency" in the upper left. Those 4 points are sinking into: +10 Int, +30% Crit Multi, +50% Crit Chance.
If you would spend those 4 points differntly, you could get 2 jewel spots and +20 Int. A perfectly rolled rare gem (if you would choose to take crit - which is inferior to the spell damage possibilities!) the maximum you could get are per gem 28% Spellcrit Chance & 22% Crit Multiplier. Because you can have two gems in this scenario, you would get in the end +20 Int (instead of 10), 44% Crit M. (instead of 30%) and 56% Crit Chance. If you would go for Spell Damage instead, your damage increase would be even higher (even if the jewel is not perfectly rolled), because as op stated, crit is not your first priority - furthermore there are also some pretty epic uniques.

I do believe that this build works, but it is not optimized from my point of view, it lacks in usage of the new awakening-game-mechanics.
Last edited by wahnvorstellung on Jul 11, 2015, 10:15:33 PM
It is not nearly as effective as I imagined it, unfortunately. Oh well, few months until I get another passive wipe.
can this build farm dom at 4x hp facetankin him?
Last edited by mf22gamer on Jul 12, 2015, 2:14:49 AM
How will looks 4L Magma Orb setup ? :)
link for download poebuilder is not exist
Last edited by Kadomir on Jul 12, 2015, 4:33:34 AM
"
Have been following this one. Normal was a little slow, the skill is not the greatest for low level, perhaps Flameblast or Firetrap is a better idea. The fact I'm in a crappy hotel on a crappy laptop with either a crappy wifi or a crappy 3g connection didn't help.

Now in Cruel, with Magma Orb + Spell Echo + Fire Penetration in a +1 all skills wand and the Curse on Hit 4-Link I'm practically face-rolling through the game.

I can't wait to see how it fares in Merciless. :)

I had the same experience. Normal was a little slow, but as I got into cruel it really started to take off :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
Why are you avoiding ALL jewel spots? Jewels bring insane stats which outperform many nodes, it is not that hard to find the right ones & even blue ones can bring something like +16% Fire Damage & +16% Spell Damage (which is obviously much more damage than most nodes offer!).

For example - let's have a view at the final build. It uses 4 points to get to "Arcane Potency" in the upper left. Those 4 points are sinking into: +10 Int, +30% Crit Multi, +50% Crit Chance.
If you would spend those 4 points differntly, you could get 2 jewel spots and +20 Int. A perfectly rolled rare gem (if you would choose to take crit - which is inferior to the spell damage possibilities!) the maximum you could get are per gem 28% Spellcrit Chance & 22% Crit Multiplier. Because you can have two gems in this scenario, you would get in the end +20 Int (instead of 10), 44% Crit M. (instead of 30%) and 56% Crit Chance. If you would go for Spell Damage instead, your damage increase would be even higher (even if the jewel is not perfectly rolled), because as op stated, crit is not your first priority - furthermore there are also some pretty epic uniques.

I do believe that this build works, but it is not optimized from my point of view, it lacks in usage of the new awakening-game-mechanics.

It is a fair point, and I agree that if you find good jewels then you of course need to re-evaluate if you want to spend a few skill points getting jewel slots OR the regular suggest nodes.

Not everybody will get these jewels though and it is much easier to understand a tree that planeed and suited for normal level progression rather than a random chance of getting good jewels, and that is why I don't mention these.

I do suggest affixes that I suggest you craft or get on your gear. This of course includes jewels as well.
"
Sinnerrr wrote:
How will looks 4L Magma Orb setup ? :)

Magma Orb, Spell Echo, Fire Penetration and Slower projectiles.
"
mf22gamer wrote:
can this build farm dom at 4x hp facetankin him?

No idea, I play in HC and try avoid face tanking anything ;D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info