[2.1 Video Guide] Crit Magma Orb Guide - Dropping Bombs! [SC Build & Atziri Viable]

I've been thinking about using .

At 3k Life it's about 60 regen per second, but the 10% damage probably kills any benefit.

Also don't get me wrong the build fares pretty well as long as you position right, and hits like a truck. However, I feel like it's able to somehow get a little bit better in the defense department, however, I can't quite point out how.
Last edited by Syde on Jul 18, 2015, 5:32:15 PM
The only way to make it more survivable is to find a way to regen energy shield in combat or a way to leech life.

I'm looking around at Jewels and Uniques to see if I find anything that fits the bill.
Idk....assasins mark+hot+hoi+coh doesnt work for me....hot never triggers its thunders to curse the enemies...
Wouldnt the fire variation of Doryani's Invitation be another best in slot unique for this build?
Any high lvl characters still playing this build? If so, make any changes to increase defense? Thanks
What weapons should i buy for lvl 45-50?
"
FalloutVault wrote:
Any high lvl characters still playing this build? If so, make any changes to increase defense? Thanks

At now am lvl 81

Spoiler
My Gear

4k Life
2k Energy shield
22k dps with 4 power charges up
Last edited by Sinnerrr on Jul 19, 2015, 10:50:43 AM
Hi there,
why nobody payed attention to my post on page 10? i thougt it would be a nice option to have 4% energy shield regenaration (shavronne`s revalation ring) and still could use your lifereg from the tree..and take the doryiani vaal sceptre for some free lifeleech.

the 4% energyreg on 3,4k es allows me to counter the manadrain from casting magma orb 6-link without any loss of enrgyshield, thats nice i guess.
Last edited by Deltatheone on Jul 19, 2015, 10:56:54 AM
"
Deltatheone wrote:
Hi there,
why nobody payed attention to my post on page 10? i thougt it would be a nice option to have 4% energy shield regenaration (shavronne`s revalation ring) and still could use your lifereg from the tree..and take the doryiani vaal sceptre for some free lifeleech.

the 4% energyreg on 3,4k es allows me to counter the manadrain from casting magma orb 6-link without any loss of enrgyshield, thats nice i guess.

If you end up trying this, please let me know how it feels. It is an interesting idea, even with the downsides that follow,
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
axd6 wrote:
"
CMOS4 wrote:
Hi Lifting-

I really like your guides and am so far enjoying my first foray into the crit magma orb build. I am curious - I do not see any Jewel slows allocated in your tree. Are you recommending NOT using a jewel? If we did want to use a jewel, where would you recommend changing your tree to best allow the use of a jewel, without potentially altering your build too much?

Personnally, I skipped "Heart and soul" "Mana and life" and "Deep wisdom", saving 5 points by going up through the +10 INT point in the Witch side. I think they are really useful when leveling, but not that much since the increase mana doesnt benefit you anymore when you spec into MoM / EB, so I refunded them.

5 points means 2 potential jewels, and another one if you manage to save another point somewhere. You can either go for full damage jewels or hybrid life / damage to deal with the 20% life you lost.

If you manage to go up to the highests levels, I would suggest taking them.

I agree with respecing out of these nodes in the late game. Regardless of whether you have good gems or not.

This is because you get 5 extra passive points, which you can then put into "Cruel Preparation" (same area, just up to the left of "Annihilation" and "Blast Radus") and the life nodes by it.

This replacement trades [+20 max mana, +20 max ES, +20 int, +28% max mana, +20% max life] for [+20% max life, +10 int, +5% to all elemental resists]. AND you end up with an extra skill point. So you get rid of the extra mana, which is no longer useful, while keeping the % max life bonus (very important) and getting some extra resists AND a free skill point instead of an inconsequential amount of ES and int.

Seems like all wins to me, anyone see a good reason NOT to do this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info