[2.1 Video Guide] Hybrid ES/Life Tanky Zombie/Specter Summoner - The Puppet Master [HC/SC viable]

"
jahfury wrote:
Hey, i'm currently playing with your - awesome - build but i keep wondering something. Why do you link slower projectiles with the revenants ? (and increased duration with the evangelists)

Slower projectiles greatly increases the damage of the revenants. Increased area of effect increases the size of the proximity shield and the damage-on-ground-effect from the evangelists =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
Anyone done Malachai yet? =)

First, thanks for the guide, Lifting. Your videos are always top notch.

I finished up Malachai on Merc yesterday and it was pretty bad (as expected). All other merc bosses (and Merc leveling in general) were very easy -- and that includes the new Peity and her pirouette of death.

That said, if you're playing warbands (or standard), you can simply zerg him down in about 5 minutes because your minions do substantial damage. Farm status will certainly have to wait until gems are a higher level. My spectres seemed to do a great job staying alive but my zombies (probably level 16 at the time) got smoked. May be the right play to use Temp chains/Enfeeble as the dual curse and fortify on the zombies. Maybe they would have a bit more staying around power because even going full defense, damage shouldnt be an issue.

I've started mapping and I've got up to level 73 (with revenants as spectres) and everything has been a breeze. I think this build, being as cheap as it is, is a great first build for anyone to make currency in the new league and I highly recommend this guide.

My gear at level 72:

Spoiler
IGN Shihtzutank
Last edited by standarsh1983 on Jul 13, 2015, 9:44:06 AM
2 questions-

What if you run LL instead of hybrid? Will that be less efficient in your opinion?

Any possibilities to switch out a support gem for zombie, for lvl 4 empower?
"
kuling12345 wrote:
2 questions-

What if you run LL instead of hybrid? Will that be less efficient in your opinion?

Any possibilities to switch out a support gem for zombie, for lvl 4 empower?

I have same questions as you, since I never did hybrid character.

Im also thinking about to go LL with shavs and lv4 empower in a vertex mask.

Any opinions guys ?
IGN: Summonium
Last edited by Eranicus on Jul 13, 2015, 11:45:38 AM
"
standarsh1983 wrote:
"
Anyone done Malachai yet? =)

First, thanks for the guide, Lifting. Your videos are always top notch.

I finished up Malachai on Merc yesterday and it was pretty bad (as expected). All other merc bosses (and Merc leveling in general) were very easy -- and that includes the new Peity and her pirouette of death.

That said, if you're playing warbands (or standard), you can simply zerg him down in about 5 minutes because your minions do substantial damage. Farm status will certainly have to wait until gems are a higher level. My spectres seemed to do a great job staying alive but my zombies (probably level 16 at the time) got smoked. May be the right play to use Temp chains/Enfeeble as the dual curse and fortify on the zombies. Maybe they would have a bit more staying around power because even going full defense, damage shouldnt be an issue.

I've started mapping and I've got up to level 73 (with revenants as spectres) and everything has been a breeze. I think this build, being as cheap as it is, is a great first build for anyone to make currency in the new league and I highly recommend this guide.

My gear at level 72:

Spoiler

Thanks man, I appreciate the feedback =)
Ill try to reply to the rest of the questions on this page tomorrow. Going to bed now. Good night=)
I'm playing SRS build right now and want to transition into this build.. but I have one concern..
How do you deal with your spectres dying? Minions don't automatically regen right? Revanents/Evange seem to be pretty annoying to go back everytime one of your spectres die :(
I'm really struggling at the end of A3 Cruel. I got a Tabula early on, and already have a +2 minion helm. My zombies are tearing everything apart and never die. I find I'm having to replace my 6L Evan specters every other mob pack in Scepter of God, though.

Is this normal? At this rate, it's not even worth summoning them if they're just going to die right away. I'm running Hatred and Purity of Elements with Generosity. I tried switching out Purity for Discipline, but had the same result.
"
dbush2765 wrote:
I'm really struggling at the end of A3 Cruel. I got a Tabula early on, and already have a +2 minion helm. My zombies are tearing everything apart and never die. I find I'm having to replace my 6L Evan specters every other mob pack in Scepter of God, though.

Is this normal? At this rate, it's not even worth summoning them if they're just going to die right away. I'm running Hatred and Purity of Elements with Generosity. I tried switching out Purity for Discipline, but had the same result.

I started to use revenants right after I finished normal in 6L Tabula and remember i lost only 1 specter on cruel dominus.
Use revenants and dont forget to use minion life gem for specters while you are leveling.
IGN: Summonium
Hi, first thank for the guide.

I was wondering, can it be played low life instead of hybrid ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info