[2.1 Video Guide] Hybrid ES/Life Tanky Zombie/Specter Summoner - The Puppet Master [HC/SC viable]

"
Solkanari wrote:
Awesome build, just what I was looking for, love summoners builds and was looking for one for The Awakening.

A few questions:

How viable is this to start from scratch in the new league? (SC)

What are the major pros/cons of the Templar vs Scion vs Witch?

Late game, can the build run decent MF and still be effective to run high lvl maps?

PS: I apologize if these questions are answered in the video, I have not been able to watch it, yet.

1. You can level with flame totem + firestorm until level 23 and then start using a Matua Tupuna shield for your zombies - at this point in time summoner leveling becomes possible, it is still slow, but possible. Dominus on normal and cruel sucks for summoners, the same goes for Malachai and corrupted Piety in act 4.

With that said, all other content gets absolutely recked once you get your build setup :)

- Templar = easier leveling

- Witch more energy shield

- Scion better access to jewels

3. The build can definitely do late game mapping while MF'ing :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
What about resist auras for minions? How they will survive with only 16% res from talents?
"
Saan wrote:
What about resist auras for minions? How they will survive with only 16% res from talents?

No offense mate but I mention and talk about Purity Of Elements several times in the video and it is also posted in forum guide. It is all there, right in front of you :)

This is the aura that will help your minions with their resistances.
Double post, sorry!
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Jul 12, 2015, 8:06:51 PM
How are your Minions survive Boss fights? ALL of my minions die in under 1 sec ever fucking boss fight....
Hey all, I wanted to share with you guys my success with this build. I'll start off by saying that the new Stygian Revenants located in the Belly of the Beast Level 1 are ABSOLUTELY NUTS. Honestly, Undying Evangelists do not even compare.

I'll edit this post with a video of me clearing a high level map soon.

Also I'd like to note that I use Animate Guardian rather than a 2nd red support gem in the helm, linked with the Zombie. I think the damage that an Animate Guardian holding the Dying Breath unique staff provides your spectres (which do the majority of the damage to begin with), outweighs the benefits of a 2nd support gem like Multistrike for the Zombies. Furthermore, Animate Guardian gains the Fortify buff as well. Between Fortify and life/resist gear, your Animate Guardian should be practically immortal.

Here's a picture of my defensive tab:
Spoiler

Gear:
Spoiler
Last edited by nv314961 on Jul 12, 2015, 10:13:12 PM
All I have to say is make sure you have the boots and complete spectre nodes before you find the revenants.
Get discipline on when you face Piety and have a nice guy help you with Mala.

After defeating Mala, leveling is so easy. Revenants just nuke anything so quickly.
"
sharbe wrote:
All I have to say is make sure you have the boots and complete spectre nodes before you find the revenants.
Get discipline on when you face Piety and have a nice guy help you with Mala.

After defeating Mala, leveling is so easy. Revenants just nuke anything so quickly.

Exactly. It's all about getting to that point in the game =)
Hey, i'm currently playing with your - awesome - build but i keep wondering something. Why do you link slower projectiles with the revenants ? (and increased duration with the evangelists)
Hi, what do you think if i use avatar of rie in my tree because i don't love play with firestorm or ice nova, if i take avatar of fire, i can play ball lightning.

Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info