Explosive Arrow Marauder (Updated for Release)

I lucked myself a 6linked chest today and thought I try to make the build work with a Bloodmagic Gem (hardcore league).

This is gonna be pretty gear and life heavy and more than enough drawbacks, biggest one being that you have no proper single target unless you want to get a 5/6link Quill Rain with 4/5 offcoulours in your alternate weaponslot with specific single target support.
Otherwise I will probably swap 2 gems for insane single target on high hp bosses even though this is pretty tedious.

Half regen is gonna be annoying and no regen might be close to unplayable although I will keep you up to date if you guys are interested.
The life spent is not that bad actually, since I can´t keep my frenzy for EE triggering (would need a 5link) I only burn ~880 life per second (regen over 400/s thx to vitality + leech with Chain/Splitarrow). In half regen you have to make your shots count a little bit more but still doable.

So overall, pretty darn gear dependent but I´m at a point in HC league where I can do it.

Would love some thoughts on this, it does feel insanely tanky (35k granite armour, 80 all res and insane life regen) and with my lifepool it doesnt feel that risky either.

e: actually forgot the biggest advantage (might have to do some more levels though), you can respec through the middle of the passive tree and get an insane life burst.
Im already at 6k life with the classic route, the other one is another 46% increased life (requires level 90-92 though w/o any endurance charges).

Last edited by pennyyy on Oct 13, 2013, 10:05:47 PM
Once the 1.0 patch resets I'm going to be respecing my lvl 77 ROA bowrauder across to EA.

After a couple of failed mana based, and a semi successful up to merc docs CI/VP, EA characters really looking forward to getting back to it.

Got my gear all ready to go (sort of)

going to try and at least 4/2 link the carcass jack for now
well, I would def hold off and see what becomes of the passive tree. It looks like this build won't have TOO much change however I can already see with the tree that was leaked blood magic was moved, etc. Also the first thing I thought of with some of the news is how aura's are going to work. Blood Magic chars aren't exactly aura friendly and if they change the cost of Grace it could be a big deal if Grace becomes a 40% aura or something.
If Grace became a percent aura, I would just skip out on Iron Reflexes and Grace and just stack armor instead.
"
Pastromy wrote:
If Grace became a percent aura, I would just skip out on Iron Reflexes and Grace and just stack armor instead.

probably the best bet. However I am going to cry due to how much I invested into evasion gear to make myself feel better about going all the way over to IR, and the needed socket colors. O well.
Indeed... When they patched IR so the dex conversion didn't work anymore, it hit this build really hard.
The biggest point I am interested is the changes to damage over time effects in 1.0.1 or whenever it arises. The haven't stated if it will effect burn damage.
"
Gryphyn wrote:
The biggest point I am interested is the changes to damage over time effects in 1.0.1 or whenever it arises. The haven't stated if it will effect burn damage.

was wondering that as well.
"
Duckz wrote:
well, I would def hold off and see what becomes of the passive tree. It looks like this build won't have TOO much change however I can already see with the tree that was leaked blood magic was moved, etc. Also the first thing I thought of with some of the news is how aura's are going to work. Blood Magic chars aren't exactly aura friendly and if they change the cost of Grace it could be a big deal if Grace becomes a 40% aura or something.

I cant see grace going from being one of the cheapest aura's to being a 40%.

If it does mean that IR isnt worth reaching across for can probably stack more into Life and %armour nodes which i think i read somewhere on Reddit will be getting health added to them as well as armour. similar to the ev+life nodes in ranger start.
lvl 50 HC

safest build i tried so far (with decoy totem)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtBg4J9g48FCAUTRRxGS4aVSSLJa0n7TboOlI8LT0PQapQR1BQVElYY18_YEthIWP9ZKNyqXTteu98u3zZffWDOITvjM-iAKcwrKq53cQVxPbFisauxtjUj9-_51LnY-8O73zwH_Iv8kX2SPcy-Ov-Cg==

but still having problems with INT and dex
dex wont be a problem any more if i hit 52

i really want to replace this, how much is a 5l QR in HC?
"Yeena thinks she knows the Spirit. That it talks to her. She talks to herself." -Greust <3
Last edited by wahaha123 on Oct 17, 2013, 10:57:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info