Explosive Arrow Marauder (Updated for Release)

I think the build would be just as strong as a Scion, yea.
You don´t need scion to traverse the middle of the skill tree.
Because all nodes in scion starter area suck pretty hard I think scion would be one of the worst classes to start with.
Guys what are your thoughts about EA + Iron Grip, considering you can achieve 450-500 strength? I'd like to know if it's good.
Iron Grip doesn't work with the explosion damage, which makes useless for a EA character.

Also, Scion start is very strong for EA. It has Life, Life Regen, and Projectile Damage... Which are the three most important things for the EA build. It also has early access to EE and the burn damage near templar. Lastly, it has decently easy access to BM. The only "hard" node to get to is RT, which still really isn't that hard. So, honestly, I think Scion is probably just as good as Marauder for the build.

I will be updating the build on the first page tomorrow afternoon once I get back from work and have a bit of time to do some optimization (I'm 95% sure what I'm going to do, but I need to mess around in game a bit before I post it).

For now, I'll just post the rough idea that I threw together in like 5 minutes here. Keep in mind that I might have missed a few things because I was just trying to get a general idea of the point distribution with this tree.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7fPdrKpyqXzZ9zL460Gq378UcacwFCBQR1nzwBqQVaeEGjjsODrYTdiMdp48gW8EsxRNogCDOO98AnHwH2ae-tI26eNqJKoZhRpsna4SaRcccXmnCLiT6-4o-pitgsf56EGHtz7-CvJFOuGmV03j_o81kqxZiPHnYz38fLgpLrXybqpKyFpSqJqbXT8nKk0VIIPb_EvOcWwWLOndDfzFZ6CHdkp9ytMZtPqx6mLexs2YvqeNfre2j0bQ0M9lVcY=

Edit: As you can see I did make some major chances (staying away from the bottom part of the tree). I'm fairly certain (~99%) that I won't be taking IR. I'm still not certain if the life regen in the bottom of the tree is worth it. So, that's one of the major things I still have to look at.
Last edited by Pastromy on Oct 24, 2013, 1:47:30 AM
Avatar of fire not viable on this? I was thinking in getting it
Avatar of Fire would not work well with the build. The reason for this is because you need damage of another elemental type in order to use Elemental Equilibrium to debuff the mobs.
w8ing for ur update :D
The build has been updated.

I did decide to take IR because I don't have good armor gear yet (most of my gear is evasion), and I was getting hit way too hard in low level maps. I will likely spec of it when I do get good armor gear. As it stands, I think I would like to use the rest of my points to spec into armor and a bit more projectile or fire damage.

You now need to either run added cold or added lightning on your split arrow (in place of blind) until you get a piece of gear with lightning or cold damage.

Enjoy!
Do you think this is a good build for a fresh league? Obviously uniques are going to be harder to come by for a while.
Can you post a list of the gems needed for this build as well as the general stats to aim for on gear?

I'm starting with this build on Nemesis xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info