Explosive Arrow Marauder (Updated for Release)

Reached the end of this char's life, so i figured I would share. I mapped with a group mostly, but I ran a lot of 75-77 maps solo. This build is an absolute tank. Everyone has their own opinion on how they play ea, but I can assure you this is the best way to play it. I can't count how many times I've been in pub maps where someone has a 6link quill rain no kaom's and lmp on their ea, the fire cluster nodes, and one shots themselves religiously. I want to thank Pastromy for originally playing around with ea, as it has been a lot of fun for myself playing this spec. Stopped at 92, died once the other night due to a stupid mistake with fleet Vaal. I want to get ready for the upcoming new leagues, I have some pretty crazy ideas for ea whilst using dual totems and crit. Cheers

My Stats:
Spoiler

My gear:
Spoiler

My Tree:
Last edited by Duckz on Oct 10, 2013, 9:08:30 AM
Yea... LMP/GMP EA is pure suicide... And with the advent of increased burning damage, I don't think there's even any dps loss vs LMP/GMP when you run EE.

No build should be as tanky as this while being able to put out this amount of damage. I compared it to EK in the past. I've come to think that it's even better.

I love hearing new ideas! I originally made this thread to alert people to the fact that EA was AWESOME without LMP/GMP. As far as I know, I was the first one to try that (the EA+EE+Prolif+... setup), so I'm certain there's a ton of other little tricks still to come.

One last question: How much damage were you taking in 75+ maps? I worry a bit that it might be hard to deal with some of those maps solo (especially with insane mods and whatnot).
Last edited by Pastromy on Oct 10, 2013, 9:55:50 AM
"
Pastromy wrote:
Yea... LMP/GMP EA is pure suicide... And with the advent of increased burning damage, I don't think there's even any dps loss vs LMP/GMP when you run EE.

No build should be as tanky as this while being able to put out this amount of damage. I compared it to EK in the past. I've come to think that it's even better.

I love hearing new ideas! I originally made this thread to alert people to the fact that EA was AWESOME without LMP/GMP. As far as I know, I was the first one to try that (the EA+EE+Prolif+... setup), so I'm certain there's a ton of other little tricks still to come.

One last question: How much damage were you taking in 75+ maps? I worry a bit that it might be hard to deal with some of those maps solo (especially with insane mods and whatnot).

You don't really address your gem choices in the OP, and the exilepro site is down.

How do you apply the equilibrium? Split arrow with chain/pierce and added cold damage? or something along those lines?

Also, do you just fold against ele reflect? Can you not do maps with ele reflect+ele weakness/minmax mods?
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
"
Pastromy wrote:

It's pretty cool because I do remember you talking about the whole ea build when you used to map with nugi I think it was. This build does trump the ek build IMO due to the ek damage nerf a while back. When I was soloing maps my most difficult map mod was chaos damage and no regen combined. It makes you have to constantly spam your split which isn't a big deal but you don't want to do it half asleep. I always keep enduring charges up and I use my ruby flask as a health pot on map reflect mod. Never really had an issue. I can remember the most damage I ever took was from a minus max creama boss. She requires some kiting in order to kill. Map kraitlyn on gorge does literally maybe 500 damage to me on normal mods. Keep in mind I like to be in charge of the map pack but I don't think I would factank precinct or blue form shrine boss. Certain minus max boss can hit me for 3k health or so, but when I'm spamming split arrow its almost like insta heal.

When the jungle valley boss got changed I got so many invites to map and do that boss. It's a joke for this build, an I've seen lots of people rip to it.

On another note with the new support gems coming out the reduced duration gem may actually speed up clear speed in regards to stacking fuses. Something to think about.
Last edited by Duckz on Oct 10, 2013, 10:58:49 AM
"
Edzilla wrote:
"
Pastromy wrote:

You don't really address your gem choices in the OP, and the exilepro site is down.

How do you apply the equilibrium? Split arrow with chain/pierce and added cold damage? or something along those lines?

Also, do you just fold against ele reflect? Can you not do maps with ele reflect+ele weakness/minmax mods?

yup, stack the mob, then split arrow them with your chain and pierce. I like to curse flammability after the explosion occurs, just as another cautionary measure against reflect, then continue to split arrow them to weaken furthur. Orginally, like stated in this thread, I used a level 1 wrath to proc the ee. Then I just got a quiver with light damage on it and dropped the wrath for a little bit less life reserved. But you can also just get any sort of ele damage other than fire on rings, ammys, etc.

Another thing I can't stress enough is using Blind on your split arrow, Lgoh, chain. Blind is so undervalued its incredible. When I was farming lunaris trying to get gear/orbs I used knockback instead of blind but once I got into maps heavily, I dropped knockback because other people don't like it and like I said blind is insane.
Last edited by Duckz on Oct 10, 2013, 11:04:25 AM
"
Duckz wrote:
"
Edzilla wrote:
"
Pastromy wrote:

yup, stack the mob, then split arrow them with your chain and pierce. I like to curse flammability after the explosion occurs, just as another cautionary measure against reflect, then continue to split arrow them to weaken furthur. Orginally, like stated in this thread, I used a level 1 wrath to proc the ee. Then I just got a quiver with light damage on it and dropped the wrath for a little bit less life reserved. But you can also just get any sort of ele damage other than fire on rings, ammys, etc.

Another thing I can't stress enough is using Blind on your split arrow, Lgoh, chain. Blind is so undervalued its incredible. When I was farming lunaris trying to get gear/orbs I used knockback instead of blind but once I got into maps heavily, I dropped knockback because other people don't like it and like I said blind is insane.

Doesn't blind only work if you have evasion rating? And since most people use IR, doesn't that make it useless?
Blind only works if you can evade attacks (which is slightly different from having evasion rating). Even with IR, you still have a 5% base chance to evade. It doesn't remove your chance to evade attacks, just converts your evasion rating to armor. This is different from Unwavering Stance which does indeed remove your chance to evade. That is, evasion has a hard minimum of 5% (sans Unwavering Stance). With Blind, this 5% chance to evade is converted to a 75% chance...

A parallel is RT. Without RT, hit cap is 95%.

5%->75%=OP in my book. If you have more than 5%, your chance to evade will be even higher (obviously). A pure evasion character will basically have a 95% chance to evade all attacks from blinded enemies.

What's so good about blind with this build in particular is the fact that you can take advantage of it's enormous attack speed coupled with spamming Split Arrow to proc blind a ton.

I also tried other supports besides blind. I found Chance to Flee very effective, in a lot of cases. There were two problem with it. First, it doesn't work on rares and bosses, and second, when enemies flee it can mess up group play (as well as your prolif, I guess, but I never minded that part personally).

EDIT:

I updated the original build with gem choices and explanation. With the removal of Exile Pro, I guess it was about time to do this. I'm also thinking about cleaning things up a bit at some point in the future. I should probably implement a FAQ, or something of the like since there will be a lot more people around come October 23!
Last edited by Pastromy on Oct 10, 2013, 11:59:03 AM
I'm just tired of CI builds, want an interesting life build that I can solo or group with.

As for a Split arrow supports, I would much rather just use Split arrow+culling strike+LHOG+IIQ like Deltrus uses/used.

From what I understand, he uses Blind as well (he has a 5L for it).
"
Pastromy wrote:
From what I understand, he uses Blind as well (he has a 5L for it).

He uses kaoms? how does he have a 5L ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info