[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Hi everyone. Can someone explain to me the gem set up here?

I have been using the following:
Added Lightning + Flame Totem + Faster Casting

This was giving me 817 DPS

But the guide says:
Flame Totem + Fire Pen + Faster Projectiles + Faster Casting

However that only gives me 679 DPS.

Can this be explained to me? Is it worth it to switch or should I keep rolling with added lightning?
HEhehe Really want a beta key :D
"
Vinski wrote:
Hi everyone. Can someone explain to me the gem set up here?

I have been using the following:
Added Lightning + Flame Totem + Faster Casting

This was giving me 817 DPS

But the guide says:
Flame Totem + Fire Pen + Faster Projectiles + Faster Casting

However that only gives me 679 DPS.

Can this be explained to me? Is it worth it to switch or should I keep rolling with added lightning?

The damage from fire penetration does not show up on the tooltip. It still adds a ton of damage though =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Sorry, can you explain again why you go blood magic? Does mana become a real problem if you don't heavily focus on it?
"
Magicallum wrote:
Sorry, can you explain again why you go blood magic? Does mana become a real problem if you don't heavily focus on it?

I explain this a few times in the video mate, please refer to that. But in short: Infernal mantle, Clear Mind and point efficiency :)
my question got lost in the commotion? i was wondering why you only use herald of thunder and not the other herald or anger aura?
-edit-

nvm, question answered in video, I just missed it the first time. :)

Last edited by Antiquarian on Jul 11, 2015, 5:54:14 PM
This is a seriously powerful build! I was a late starter to The Awakening and this build was perfect. Just starting Act 3 in Normal and I have over 300 DpS, which might not sound like much (compared to your 15k anyway) but the Vaal Oversoul was killed in ~15 seconds flat. Cheap to gear and really good fun, tanky and easy to murder everything with. Can't wait to get to endgame and start doing maps!
BTW I frequently post on your YouTube channel (Harry Flacks, troll face picture) and I can guarantee I will redirect my friends to the video guide for this build and see if they enjoy burning everything to the ground as much as I do.
Thanks Lifting :D
"
kompaniet wrote:
my question got lost in the commotion? i was wondering why you only use herald of thunder and not the other herald or anger aura?

Ahh yea sorry.

The reason is that this would reserve waaaaay too much life, thus making you much more vulnerable. If this was a mana build I would suggest using anger and HoI + HoT :)
"
"
kompaniet wrote:

Ahh yea sorry.

The reason is that this would reserve waaaaay too much life, thus making you much more vulnerable. If this was a mana build I would suggest using anger and HoI + HoT :)

no. i am sorry :)
i skimmed through the guide but didn't notice it was a bm keystone build despite it being in the title.
makes perfect sense now.

i will say this guide looks very solid. you have done a good job with it.
CWDT does not work with enduring cry any more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info