[2.2 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

can u help us out on some good weopen choices , specially before we can try getting those uniques.. and is using staff better?
would you still go infernal mantle for HC?

great build so far. i`m level 60 in tempest now
"
Miskq wrote:
Got guestion about cast speed.

On 2.0 patch notes it says this: Totem placement can now be sped up with a new Totem Placement Speed stat. Cast speed no longer places totems more quickly. Base totem placement speed is faster than the cast speed used to be.

So isn't cast speed pretty useless stat for this build? Should you spec the cast speed notes to something else and not take cast speed on gear aswell?

And is it possible to spec into mf with this build?

Edit: also could you recommend loot filter that would be good with this build?

Cast speed still greatly increases the cast speed of the totems thus directly increasing your damage. This is one of the reasons that faster casting is one of the most important support skills for flame totem :)

For MF simply change your gear accordingly =)

As for loot filters I recommend Neversinks or my own (which I haven't released yet) :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
would you suggest going for blood magic even if you don't have infernal mantle (yet)?
Last edited by danteafk on Jul 11, 2015, 12:06:17 PM
"
danteafk wrote:
would you suggest going for blood magic even if you don't have infernal mantle (yet)?

Yes absolutely =)
I'm curious about your thoughts on crit vs non-crit and why you chose to do non? Thanks!
Hey thanks for this build! I started a Witch and I'll follow your guide.

I have a question, though:

You say that Spell Damage is a priority over Cast Speed, so why you choose the 3 Cast Speed nodes and not the 3 Spell Damage ones? I'm talking about the beginning of the Witch path.
Last edited by megazz on Jul 11, 2015, 12:59:33 PM
"
Archetype90 wrote:
I'm curious about your thoughts on crit vs non-crit and why you chose to do non? Thanks!

Crit is great if you dont mind casting ice-spear, gmp and pcoc to sustain power charges. Crit also requires much better gear to do well.

For that reason I prefer non-crit builds as they are easier to get going in new leagues, they are safer as you have more points to invest into survivability and they are much cheaper :)
"
megazz wrote:
Hey thanks for this build! I started a Witch and I'll follow your guide.

I have a question, though:

You say that Spell Damage is a priority over Cast Speed, so why you choose the 3 Cast Speed nodes and not the 3 Spell Damage ones? I'm talking about the beginning of the Witch path.

Yea I understand why you would ask that. The reason I suggest spell damage over cast speed on gear is simply because that a high spell damage roll on gear is significantly stronger than the highest cast speed roll. 90% increased spell damage for instance will beat most the highest cast speed rolls (in most cases at least)
Is it even worth using FT in 4L? I mean, unless i'll have 5L, then any +2 fire gem weapon probably beats 4th gem easy, because of the way FT dmg scales with level?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info