(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

What would you suggest for bandits in 3.0 with this build?
I guess I'll play as a full phys juggernaut...
Yaeh, been working on a slayer/raider scion full phys but topping out at like 300k total dps vs Boss and 6k life 10k armor, arctic armor, haste and vulnerability with somewhat reasonable gear.

The problem is I simply cant get fortify in the build, dropping ruthless for fortify drops 80k dps. Going Mace with blood magic mod on the weapon I can take Fortify over Faster Attacks and only lose like 50k dps but the problem then is that the mace loses a lot of dps vs the axe.

This is the closest I have gotten so far but there are so many nodes I would like to grab. Like the near gems, especially the one with phys dmg around it. The life and frenzy nodes in the lower right..

The additional life nodes everyhwere..

Instead of going through harrier, there is a possiblity to go around the bottom right to the shadow nodes but it is not more effective.. more health less dmg.
Last edited by Quizzlemanizzle on Aug 3, 2017, 3:57:25 AM
"
Yaeh, been working on a slayer/raider scion full phys but topping out at like 300k total dps vs Boss and 6k life 10k armor, arctic armor, haste and vulnerability with somewhat reasonable gear.

The problem is I simply cant get fortify in the build, dropping ruthless for fortify drops 80k dps. Going Mace with blood magic mod on the weapon I can take Fortify over Faster Attacks and only lose like 50k dps but the problem then is that the mace loses a lot of dps vs the axe.

Fortify is always a damage for defense trade; you're never going to gain dps using it over a damage oriented link.

If you want more damage, drop Blood Magic, Arctic Armor, and run off mana - that'll free you up to use Fortify or another damage link. Otherwise, you can run Fortify on Leap Slam... those are really your only options.

Personally I think the Brutality build is a bit underwhelming. It's a great concept, but there's no inherent advantage over the standard Elemental build, and if anything it's even harder to build for. The only clear advantage is synergy with Starforge and the new Shock rules, though I'm not entirely convinced that's any better than the standard build with Atziri's.

*To clarify - Brutality signifies the newer full-physical build using Haste/Vuln, while Elemental refers to the standard Hatred, HoA build.
I know that but linking Fortify instead of Ruthless in a Brutality build drops 33% of your dps. That is hard to justify to go from 300k dps to 200k for Fortify.

In addition I need to invest 6 skill points to get to the Fortify Wheel.

This is the best I have come up adding Fortify to Leap Slamp and Vengeance

https://pastebin.com/Mv3Y8twq

with high end gear, could switch to Belly to get over 7k hp but I guess 6250hp, 336k cyclone boss dps, 8x stacking 1300 dps Bleeds, arctic armor, fortify, max resis, 80% reflected dmg reduction (slayer, pantheon, master of force), 56%+8% panthon physical reduction, onslaught, endurance, frenzy, intimidated, maimed..
Last edited by Quizzlemanizzle on Aug 3, 2017, 6:36:03 AM
Last edited by ffaazz4 on Aug 3, 2017, 7:37:48 AM
Seems all the sources of increased damage with ailments from attack skills has really supercharged bleed damage with the Brutality build - from avg 1.5k -> ~4k. That doesn't sound like much, but combined with the new notable Crimson Dance can stack up to a non-trivial amount of extra damage, gained with practically no investment.

I've been messing around in the newly updated builder, and despite my previous post, I think I can safely say that the Brutality build can be slightly ahead of the standard Elemental build in terms of raw damage (although Elemental still has an advantage in unique flasks) when using Starforge, with a potential additional bonus from Shock.

The real issue however continues to be generating Endurance Charges without CWDT-Warlords Mark (in favor of Blasphemy-Vulnerability). Outside of the Juggernaut ascendancy, which suffers a huge loss of damage, there really aren't a lot of reliable ways to generate charges other than Enduring Cry, which I personally find very clunky to use alongside Cyclone. I'd be interested in hearing any suggestions to address this weakness.

Really hoping some of the new uniques coming in 3.0 do something to shake up everyone's favorite Spin-to-Win build though, fingers crossed!
"
Archimtiros wrote:
Seems all the sources of increased damage with ailments from attack skills has really supercharged bleed damage with the Brutality build - from avg 1.5k -> ~4k. That doesn't sound like much, but combined with the new notable Crimson Dance can stack up to a non-trivial amount of extra damage, gained with practically no investment.

I've been messing around in the newly updated builder, and despite my previous post, I think I can safely say that the Brutality build can be slightly ahead of the standard Elemental build in terms of raw damage (although Elemental still has an advantage in unique flasks) when using Starforge, with a potential additional bonus from Shock.

The real issue however continues to be generating Endurance Charges without CWDT-Warlords Mark (in favor of Blasphemy-Vulnerability). Outside of the Juggernaut ascendancy, which suffers a huge loss of damage, there really aren't a lot of reliable ways to generate charges other than Enduring Cry, which I personally find very clunky to use alongside Cyclone. I'd be interested in hearing any suggestions to address this weakness.

Really hoping some of the new uniques coming in 3.0 do something to shake up everyone's favorite Spin-to-Win build though, fingers crossed!

Did you have a look at my PoB String? What do you think?
Do you have a gear filter!
can you explain why your gear is different from youtube and you have EQ instead of cyclone ? im dizzy
Last edited by merovingian223 on Aug 3, 2017, 11:57:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info