(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Samir316 wrote:

Jewels yes, but the main thing to get for RT builds is 10% chance to freeze, shock and ignite if you haven't crit recently on boots from Uber Lab, its always up. I did this and then got 8% (3+3+2) on 3 jewels when I used Starforge in breach for Lacerate.

Here's my favorite jewel from that build, kept it for memories:

Good point with the boot enchant, I didn't think of it.

Unfortunate that Shock is based on damage dealt per hit though, makes it very difficult to apply to later bosses with Cyclone's low base damage.
I'm using your Marauder berserker leveling trees on the beta and so far this is the easiest cyclone build I've played to level with. I hope you continue to update these builds!
Hey Lighty Saw your tentacle mace video... looks to be absolutely awesome (and what I want to run in 3.0 live). Something that can facetank without too much drama.

I don't have the currency to play around with it on 3.0, but to maintain endurance charges\mana would you run Blas-warlords and enduring cry for bosses? moving to red dream when currency allows... or can you maintain solely on the juggernaut unrelenting\unflinching and tidebreaker weapon?

I'm new to cyclone. I'm currently playing it on the beta and doing some theorycrafting. I'm currently looking at Slayer and Disfavour variant. I use Leap Slam with fortify.

I'm trying to understand the links and decisions. If you are using something like Disfavour.. What is the reason to run BM link? If you use HoA + Hated, do you not have enough mana to sustain cyclone or something? I'm just not seeing what BM does other than let's you run AA?

I'm really just doing a check to see if I'm understanding things correctly.
IGN: dwreckedarc
Last edited by dwrecked on Jul 19, 2017, 12:54:25 PM
Hello, I'm returning to play PoE after almost 2 years being off. I'm slowly getting into the game again, in my free time. A lot of things changed.

I have a 2H axe Cycloner Marauder and I'm thinking to spent some currency to upgrade him and keep playing. My question is:

Is worthing play this build yet? I'm thinking in buy a 5L Atziri's Disfavour.
Last edited by Shiiro95 on Jul 19, 2017, 12:54:54 PM
It all depends on the build u are making for the people that are going 2H axe you might want to look at his build as to he uses mace for the stun thresh hold, i was thinking of going axe myself then i read up what the mace tree gives you.. so depending on what weapons you use will depend on how you go about ur passive tree. awesome build my dude i am actually changing my build to a mace build do to the stun thresh hold and culling strike that is applied when the monster is stunned. If you have any feed back on this axe/mace/sword please lmk there is only a passive tree for mace. thanks so much for this!!
"
Shiiro95 wrote:
Hello, I'm returning to play PoE after almost 2 years being off. I'm slowly getting into the game again, in my free time. A lot of things changed.

I have a 2H axe Cycloner Marauder and I'm thinking to spent some currency to upgrade him and keep playing. My question is:

Get a new ming's heart. They've made it less painful.

The build will work fine in 3.0.

"
mmogamr wrote:
I'm new to cyclone. I'm currently playing it on the beta and doing some theorycrafting. I'm currently looking at Slayer and Disfavour variant. I use Leap Slam with fortify.

I'm trying to understand the links and decisions. If you are using something like Disfavour.. What is the reason to run BM link? If you use HoA + Hated, do you not have enough mana to sustain cyclone or something? I'm just not seeing what BM does other than let's you run AA?

BM is for 2 reasons - to allow arctic armour which lets you slow nearby mobs by dropping chilled ground as you move. This is pretty good defensively on bosses. Also, it makes cyclone reliable. If you happen to cyclone away from mobs, you won't run out of mana by cycloning and just come to a stop in a dangerous position.

More end game - you can use some mana reservation reduction to free up another 10% and put a curse on blasphemy. If you use both templar res cluster and level 4 enlighten you can even fit in a 2nd 50% aura. This is great, for example, if you want to make an armour tank and run determination.

BTW - I don't run BM in my setups anymore so I can use a 6th offensive gem, but I'm always cautious about not burning up my mana in empty places. Cyclone is a mana hound, because of its inherent attack speed multiplier. I think in 3.0, running cyclone off mana will be even better because of all the new supports. In my case I mostly play crit these days and need that 6th gem for Increased Critical Strikes.

BM will always be a solid choice though, especially in early league scenarios when gear is pretty bad.
Last edited by Samir316 on Jul 22, 2017, 12:11:30 AM
"
Samir316 wrote:
"
Shiiro95 wrote:

"
mmogamr wrote:

BM is for 2 reasons - to allow arctic armour which lets you slow nearby mobs by dropping chilled ground as you move. This is pretty good defensively on bosses. Also, it makes cyclone reliable. If you happen to cyclone away from mobs, you won't run out of mana by cycloning and just come to a stop in a dangerous position.

More end game - you can use some mana reservation reduction to free up another 10% and put a curse on blasphemy. If you use both templar res cluster and level 4 enlighten you can even fit in a 2nd 50% aura. This is great, for example, if you want to make an armour tank and run determination.

BTW - I don't run BM in my setups anymore so I can use a 6th offensive gem, but I'm always cautious about not burning up my mana in empty places. Cyclone is a mana hound, because of its inherent attack speed multiplier. I think in 3.0, running cyclone off mana will be even better because of all the new supports. In my case I mostly play crit these days and need that 6th gem for Increased Critical Strikes.

BM will always be a solid choice though, especially in early league scenarios when gear is pretty bad.

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense. I guess that I was mostly thinking about endgame gear. I did switch to hezmana's and started running AA. I do like it while I'm getting geared.

How do people handle Frenzy Charges with 100% reserved? I have Blood Rage on CWDT currently.
The int requirements are no joke. Any advice there? I have a +30 node and carnage heart. I'd really like to switch to a biscos while mapping, but I'm having trouble making that viable.
IGN: dwreckedarc
Spoiler
"
Samir316 wrote:
"
Shiiro95 wrote:

"
mmogamr wrote:

Yeah, thanks for the reply. I was using 2 legacy ming hearts a year ago, but had to switch. Today I cant run one because my main res are all in rings. My equips:
Spoiler

Currently I'm with 4k500 life, almost 25K def, 75/75/75/20(or something) res and 110K DPS with all buffs and stuff. But, I can't think about good gem combos to put on the gear... |And yes, the gear isn't too good. That's all I got in these 4 past days, just to play maps a little without much trouble. Ignore the lab enchants, I'll run for anothers today.

What you would recommend me to do?
Last edited by Shiiro95 on Jul 24, 2017, 3:25:54 PM
"
Lighty wrote:

Below is a list of helpful tips for the Labyrinth in no perticular order

[li]A strong single target dps setup will make Izaro much simpler and the need for aoe dps is minimal[/li]

Any particular suggestions for this? This build seems like a lot of fun, but should I be looking elsewhere for primarily mapping and doing as many uber labs as I can fit in? I'm still even after rereading this a number of times having problems deciding between jug and slayer, too. Slayer cull sounds like it's pretty strong against Izaro and will help with that particular fight, but you need to worry more about the traps, right? I'm going to be trying this in HC 3.0, so if Jug's can survive the Izaro fight easily enough compared to slayer culling to make the rest of the lab easier as well, maybe that's the way I'll go.
Last edited by fiyawerx on Jul 24, 2017, 3:56:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info