(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

Looks like a ton of fun. Will the guide be updated for 3.0 prior to its launch or shortly after?
"
Shiiro95 wrote:
Spoiler
"
Samir316 wrote:
"
Shiiro95 wrote:
Hello, I'm returning to play PoE after almost 2 years being off. I'm slowly getting into the game again, in my free time. A lot of things changed.

I have a 2H axe Cycloner Marauder and I'm thinking to spent some currency to upgrade him and keep playing. My question is:

Is worthing play this build yet? I'm thinking in buy a 5L Atziri's Disfavour.

Get a new ming's heart. They've made it less painful.

The build will work fine in 3.0.

"
mmogamr wrote:
I'm new to cyclone. I'm currently playing it on the beta and doing some theorycrafting. I'm currently looking at Slayer and Disfavour variant. I use Leap Slam with fortify.

I'm trying to understand the links and decisions. If you are using something like Disfavour.. What is the reason to run BM link? If you use HoA + Hated, do you not have enough mana to sustain cyclone or something? I'm just not seeing what BM does other than let's you run AA?

I'm really just doing a check to see if I'm understanding things correctly.

BM is for 2 reasons - to allow arctic armour which lets you slow nearby mobs by dropping chilled ground as you move. This is pretty good defensively on bosses. Also, it makes cyclone reliable. If you happen to cyclone away from mobs, you won't run out of mana by cycloning and just come to a stop in a dangerous position.

More end game - you can use some mana reservation reduction to free up another 10% and put a curse on blasphemy. If you use both templar res cluster and level 4 enlighten you can even fit in a 2nd 50% aura. This is great, for example, if you want to make an armour tank and run determination.

BTW - I don't run BM in my setups anymore so I can use a 6th offensive gem, but I'm always cautious about not burning up my mana in empty places. Cyclone is a mana hound, because of its inherent attack speed multiplier. I think in 3.0, running cyclone off mana will be even better because of all the new supports. In my case I mostly play crit these days and need that 6th gem for Increased Critical Strikes.

BM will always be a solid choice though, especially in early league scenarios when gear is pretty bad.

Yeah, thanks for the reply. I was using 2 legacy ming hearts a year ago, but had to switch. Today I cant run one because my main res are all in rings. My equips:
Spoiler

Currently I'm with 4k500 life, almost 25K def, 75/75/75/20(or something) res and 110K DPS with all buffs and stuff. But, I can't think about good gem combos to put on the gear... |And yes, the gear isn't too good. That's all I got in these 4 past days, just to play maps a little without much trouble. Ignore the lab enchants, I'll run for anothers today.

What you would recommend me to do?

Drop the belt and boots for better rares with life rolls, try to get at least 5.5k life. If you want to use a unique belt, even Belt of the Deceiver is a better choice than Doryani. Red blade are bad with disfavor, since disfavor has tons of flat phys already. Better off using rare boots here, ideally with Life, 30% movement and resists. This lets you free up rings for whatever you want!

"
fiyawerx wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:

Below is a list of helpful tips for the Labyrinth in no perticular order

[li]A strong single target dps setup will make Izaro much simpler and the need for aoe dps is minimal[/li]

Any particular suggestions for this? This build seems like a lot of fun, but should I be looking elsewhere for primarily mapping and doing as many uber labs as I can fit in? I'm still even after rereading this a number of times having problems deciding between jug and slayer, too. Slayer cull sounds like it's pretty strong against Izaro and will help with that particular fight, but you need to worry more about the traps, right? I'm going to be trying this in HC 3.0, so if Jug's can survive the Izaro fight easily enough compared to slayer culling to make the rest of the lab easier as well, maybe that's the way I'll go.

Slayer is one of the better options for Lab, that's for sure. Lighty mentions slayer is probably the overall best option for the build too. IF you want to do it as Marauder, the two best options are Juggernaut and Berserker. If you want to focus on maps, Berserker is the most damage and has the least defense but will burst down bosses a lot faster (this matters in 3.0, where boss life is getting buffs).

For a lab-focused character, Juggernaut with lots of endurance charges and a Kaom's Way is solid. If you want to farm with a Berserker, my recommendation is to drop the 100% leech node and pick up War Bringer so you can heal on traps by using a war cry. But I really, really, really like Jugg for lab since it cant get slowed, it protects against dying (key for lab!), and it mitigates a lot of physical damage.

Offensive to Defensive
1- Berserker
2- Raider
3- Slayer
4- Champion
5- Juggernaut

IMHO!
Last edited by Samir316 on Jul 28, 2017, 7:57:28 PM
Hey everyone,

Im also coming back to PoE after a brief school-induced break, and was hoping I could get some advice.
For a long time I've had my heart set on a 2h crit cyclone marauder, and I was working on one for a while before I took a break. I got a berserker to 69, and was leaning towards evasion. Coming back, the game offered me the option to reset my passive tree, and I've come to a dilemna: I want to play a 2h crit sword cyclone marauder, but Im not sure how viable that is, especially because I'm not that experienced.

Here's my question: Is a 2h crit sword cyclone marauder viable? And, if so, is evasion viable on such a character? Lastly, what advice do you have for someone in terms of key nodes / gear for such a build?

It was enough to get me through early mapping, but I'd really appreciate any advice. I can post my gear and goal tree if that would help.

Thanks in advance!
Hello and thank you for what seems to be a great guide even tho I haven't started leveling yet.

I've just decided to come back to POE after a VERY long break and found your build which suits me perfectly.
I only have a question regarding ascendancy classes. The Bezerker looks like a lot of fun and mayhem but would I be overly squishy later on? I'm not looking for a build that would be able to clear the absolute hardest content right now since I'm coming back and need to learn the ropes again but I don't want to be running around dying all the time either. Would I be better off going with the juggernaut tree as a starter? Or would that dampen my dmg output to much and limit my ability to farm efficiently?
The bonuses from the ascendancy trees seems to be quite powerful and I would imagine that they have quite a big effect on the build overall.

Thank you in advance and keep up the great work! :)
How much worse would a Scion Slayer/Raider built be compared to the Marauder ascendancies?

Also it seems intriguing to not go with the 2 skill points, instead just 1 and allow to start from Ranger nodes.

This would allow to extend the build to Vaal Pact at lvl100.

Possibly could shave off some nodes with life regen.

Something like this http://poeurl.com/bn1B

I realize it would be possible to go simply from Scion to pick up Vaal Pact. Costs about 5 points more but gets a lot of attack speed.
http://poeurl.com/bn1H

Did small PoB and it seems like the dps loss 50% end game compared to berserker and all of that comes from the Berserker ascendancies. Life goes down 10%.

Last edited by Quizzlemanizzle on Aug 1, 2017, 12:28:48 PM
"
Coseo wrote:
Hey everyone,

Here's my question: Is a 2h crit sword cyclone marauder viable? And, if so, is evasion viable on such a character? Lastly, what advice do you have for someone in terms of key nodes / gear for such a

Thanks in advance!

Yes. Absolutely. You'll want to use Terminus Est as a starting weapon. I played this, and Flicker strike, for almost all of LSC. A vaal pact evasion Raider, Berserker or Pathfinder ($$$). But we warned, it's a lot more expensive than 2hd non-crit.

Here's my item display cabinet / tree thread.
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1901898

Intially, though, you'll want to start with TE, well-rolled gear, and use vaal pact, not acuities.

"
Lilleman wrote:
Hello and thank you for what seems to be a great guide even tho I haven't started leveling yet.

I've just decided to come back to POE after a VERY long break and found your build which suits me perfectly.
I only have a question regarding ascendancy classes. The Bezerker looks like a lot of fun and mayhem but would I be overly squishy later on? I'm not looking for a build that would be able to clear the absolute hardest content right now since I'm coming back and need to learn the ropes again but I don't want to be running around dying all the time either. Would I be better off going with the juggernaut tree as a starter? Or would that dampen my dmg output to much and limit my ability to farm efficiently?
The bonuses from the ascendancy trees seems to be quite powerful and I would imagine that they have quite a big effect on the build overall.

Thank you in advance and keep up the great work! :)

Berserker with Cloaked in Savagery and Vaal Pact is one of the best boss killers in the game. This thread focuses more on mapping and general use, if you want to focus on end game content, there are single target skills that provided more effective DPS than Cyclone. Cyclone is about fluidity and movement, hitting many targets at once. For doing "the absolute hardest content" you're better off with molten strike, blade flurry, or Cyclone with Nghamhu's Flame (the axe).
Patch Notes Out, Starting updates and will be done with 24 hours of this post along with brief videos summing up any changes/buffs/nerfs ect.
LightyGaming.com
The shock change in particular is pretty huge for fast attack builds like Cyclone, and will be a nice boost to Starforge (along with the minor nerf to Weapon Elemental Damage support). Likewise, the new bleed stacking node would be of huge benefit to Cyclone as well, although the chance to bleed reduction on Atziri's mitigates it somewhat.

They also made Ruthless a flat "every third hit", which is pretty good considering how many rapid hits Cyclone puts out, so I suppose it could easily remain a primary gem, at least for a Brutality build.
"
Lighty wrote:
Patch Notes Out, Starting updates and will be done with 24 hours of this post along with brief videos summing up any changes/buffs/nerfs ect.

thanks mate!
I played your build long time a go and it was my first 90 level character i hope you update it to 3.0 as well

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info