(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

Do you think the two new gems Brutality and Chance to Bleed (would help) (could be added to the link for a non elemental version of the build)...

Done some small testing and it seemed fine on Path of Building (the dps on boss seemed a little bit higher than the elemental version most of the time)

Last edited by MunsuLight on Jun 15, 2017, 2:49:11 AM
greeting dude im also following your build recently and here is my question
usually how much is the normal dps for this build? i got 60K dps without any charge and aura is that good?
so far im having 4.3K life coz im focusing for damage taking and how much usually jugg cyclone life have on your build?
im using atziri's sacrificial garb the 1,4K armour version is that good?
thx b4 :D
"
MunsuLight wrote:
Do you think the two new gems Brutality and Chance to Bleed (would help) (could be added to the link for a non elemental version of the build)...

Done some small testing and it seemed fine on Path of Building (the dps on boss seemed a little bit higher than the elemental version most of the time)

Brutality will be fantastic for non-elemental setups like Starforge, its main issue is that it loses Herald of Ash which is a tremendous clear speed boost in my opinion. I regularly map with Herald of Ash + IIQ linked and its quite efficient for mapping and trash where damage is not a limiting factor. But yeah, in terms of raw tooltip, its definitely a great option and you can make a full phys clone with it by swapping out Hatred for Grace or Haste or Determination and HoA for Blasphemy + Vuln. Or just go blood magic and stack life % on tree.

I tested out the new gloves Haemophilia which in theory could make up for Herald of Ash with their on death effect but I found the AOE to be... a bit lacking. Still, for a pure, raw damage focused version of the build there`s no doubt brutality is a strong choice.

Maim, I think will be better utilized on a Warchief because of how bleed works. Bleed is a single physical degen stack, based on the largest hit a mob recently took. Cyclone hits 5+ times a second even on a slow 2 hand setup, it only refereshes the bleed. If you put it on a warchief, you will get the extra damage debuff on mobs and you can use a gem slot that front loads you damage a little better. I would rather use Melee Damage on Full Life if I am running cyclone off mana, or faster attacks or added fire if I am running it off blood magic.

"
B3Xter wrote:
Hi,
is it possible to play this Build with Sunder instead of Cyclone without many changes ?

Yes, the tree works for most melee skills including Sunder, EQ, Ground Slam, etc. What may change is the gearing. With Sunder, you dont need to use gearing that supports weapon range. This is very minor overall. Lighty's tree can be thought of as a generic melee 2hd RT tree with generic scaling.

"
Lefezza wrote:
greeting dude im also following your build recently and here is my question
usually how much is the normal dps for this build? i got 60K dps without any charge and aura is that good?
so far im having 4.3K life coz im focusing for damage taking and how much usually jugg cyclone life have on your build?
im using atziri's sacrificial garb the 1,4K armour version is that good?
thx b4 :D

DPS is entirely dependent on gear, since we all will use generally the same tree. Not to mention the DPS never includes debuffs, penetration or secondary damage you might have. I've done this build many times in many leagues, with DPS ranging from 20k to 110k. The best way to know if the DPS is fine is to just play and see if you seem like you are OK with it.

This build will never be a DPS powerhouse, its designed to be cheap and accessible and mechanically fluid. To make cyclone into a DPS powerhouse, you need to go crit which is altogether much more expensive, or use gimmick uniques like Ngamahu which is much stricter in terms of gear (like, to be good, that needs two 6 links, xophs blood, etc).
Finished up Cruel in the Legacy Hard Core 1 week race plus act 1 in merciless.

ripping thru everything pretty easily. main bosses go down so quick, a lot of strategy isn't needed yet...

picked up resolute technique and filled out the bottom of the tree. will redo a few and move into the up tree area next.

Kaom's Chopper pretty much doubled my dps at level 58. Deidbell sallet works great for leveling up. got Cyclone on a 5 link now and switched over to useing life on hit.
Gear

biggest issue is INT and trying to get enough but so far so good...

pretty much just throw up the molten shell, drop the totem, and start spinning...

Life is at 3.2k and i am at level 66...

max dps with fortify up was 25k at the end of cruel but with the current gear it is at 27k
DPS
hey there guys ive been racking my brain for the past like 5 days about building a cyclone build again i have 90 ex to spend but that has nothing to do with my questions ive done a tree with around 220% life and around 550-600% damage on the tree i would be using disfavour or starforge unsure about chest kaoms or cospri would be my choice my question is about going beserker why would you need life gain on hit and blood magic when you have all that leech from ascendancy and the life leech axe node near duelist only reason i ask is i played a naghmahus raider with hoa and blasphemy on mana and picked up the duelist leech node vitality void and the 0.4 mana leech before it and i had no issues with mana what so ever on that build pack clearing and bossing so what would be different with disfavour/starforge and the reason to not use 5 dps links with it the build im thinking of running would use vuln and tempchains on blasphemy so would be at 70% reserved vs the 60% on the only other cyclone build ive played any info tip in regards to this would be amazing
"
Samir316 wrote:
"
MunsuLight wrote:

Maim, I think will be better utilized on a Warchief because of how bleed works. Bleed is a single physical degen stack, based on the largest hit a mob recently took. Cyclone hits 5+ times a second even on a slow 2 hand setup, it only refereshes the bleed. If you put it on a warchief, you will get the extra damage debuff on mobs and you can use a gem slot that front loads you damage a little better. I would rather use Melee Damage on Full Life if I am running cyclone off mana, or faster attacks or added fire if I am running it off blood magic.

I think you mean Chance to Bleed, Maim is another support gem entirely; one that I'm really looking forward as one of the premier supports in 3.0, likely in a Totem as well, though potentially in Cyclone itself with a mana/free fortify/Brutality based build.

I'm not sure if Bleed is worth using period on Cyclone though, it's nice when you get it for free such as with Atrizi's, though since the base hits aren't that big and attacking quickly kind of undermines the point of the degen, though I've seen a few builds (including one Gladiator build) popping up that look intriguing.
Hi Archimitrios

Just to clarify, all I meant was that Maim was better used by a totem then as a support to your main cyclone because of this line :

"Enemies maimed by Supported Skills take 20% increased physical damage". It means that your enemy can be maimed by anything, not necessarily you.

So if you are a physical-focused build such as Cyclone with a Starforge, its good to put Maim as a support to Warchief or Protector for bosses. We'll have to see the mechanics but I think if you have vulnerability on the same mob, it will stack with Vuln's increased phys taken.

(http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_taken)

As for chance to bleed, it currently has flat physical values comparable to abyssus in the beta at level 20. It might be OK but probably would be better on a 1h setup since 2h weapons already have a high flat value and benefit more from attack speed. I could see it being OK on a low phys base such as Terminus Est, but outclassed on stuff like Disfavour and Starforge. I think its current flat phys value will be nerfed though, so I'll reserve judgment here.

And yes, I dont think bleed is a great source of damage in a phys clone build anyway because of the fact that it doesnt stack, even with both vuln and maim, and the fact that it is at its best when you move the enemy. I prefer using bleed with Lacerate + Lions Roar.

Last edited by Samir316 on Jun 20, 2017, 9:36:28 PM
New player here.

I'm wondering what variant of the builds you listed to go. What are the most notable differences between them?
"
Zarnakk wrote:
New player here.

I'm wondering what variant of the builds you listed to go. What are the most notable differences between them?

The only variables are what weapon (mace, axe, sword) or ascendancy. Aside from that its all generic 2hd RT melee cyclone.

What exactly are you asking ? What ascendancy to go? They all work, it just depends on your play style.
is this built viable for standard ? what're the pro's and cons ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info