(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
ThaeynTH wrote:
So any thoughts on the newly announced Ancestral Protector skill? At first glance doesn't seem that useful for Cyclone, although the Attack Speed buff has me curious. Wonder what other skills of this type are yet to be revealed. Still waiting on the last few Ascendancy classes....

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1589181

So I dont think it will be very useful with mapping since its stationary but possible a supplementary 4l for atziri to boost our single target dps or a similar situation. It seems to have very high pdps since its scaling off our weapon but It will require a little testing to gauge its viability. Possibly has a home in our 2nd 6l setup for those not using kaoms heart. it looks like in the video the player has it linked with faster attacks + multistrike + meleesplash but since cyclones aoe clear speed has always been fine I still feel it can act as a decent single target dps boost; most likely replacing melee splash with melee phys.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Feb 18, 2016, 4:24:20 PM

Regarding Final Marauder Subclass
Recent release of the final Marauder ascendancy subclass shows that its a totem/firecaster subclass and is in no way cyclone viable. Because of this I'm heavily leaning towards Duelist as the best cyclone class but will reserve final judgment until scion is released; which could be tonight since they've been releasing subclass's in 2's.

Thanks to Yvarella on reddit I noticed this

"
What you may not have noticed is that some of the Ascendancy Trees were updated.

The Berserker now gets 40% more Berserker damage!? from Aspect of Carnage (instead of 100% increased attack damage)

It seems the Fortify buff has been "updated" (as in, nerfed) to only grant mitigation against physical damage (Champion Tree).
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Feb 18, 2016, 8:46:28 PM
wow wrecks my hope of making a champion, dont really see how it would be worth it now since physical dmg was never the problem for melee its always been ele busrt dmg. And for the berserker still not sure its worth it sad sad day i guess slayer is all thats left

so i guess the fortify thing was just a mistake typo so its still 20% reduction for everything
Last edited by TheGriz738 on Feb 18, 2016, 11:03:27 PM
"
TheGriz738 wrote:
wow wrecks my hope of making a champion, dont really see how it would be worth it now since physical dmg was never the problem for melee its always been ele busrt dmg. And for the berserker still not sure its worth it sad sad day i guess slayer is all thats left

so i guess the fortify thing was just a mistake typo so its still 20% reduction for everything

Thankfully fortify was a typo and If the 40% more damage multiplier from berserker sticks that could be the new #1. The argument then becomes is 40% more damage worth more than free fortify, hard to say since the power of a more multiplier is overwhelming.

LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Feb 18, 2016, 11:42:06 PM
I thx Lighty for dat build.
No Gladiator Ascendency for Disfavour Cycloner, Eh?
Just seems like it warrants a mention if you are going to have the bloodlust comment.
"
Lighty wrote:

Unstoppable only prevents you from going below 0% movement speed which is only relevant when cycloning over chilled ground/tar and is again redundant with a quicksilver flask active.[/b]

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3tmgrd/album_of_all_currently_released_ascendancy_class/?

"
The movement speed effect is, I hope, relatively simple to understand. Modifiers which reduce your movement speed can never take it below the base value (they can still count against increases) This means, at least for additive increased/reduced modifiers, that if the total modifier would be negative, it's ignored.

The "slow" modifier does the same thing, but for what's internally known as "action speed" and is described in game as slowing - Temporal Chains, Chill, and Freeze all do this (freeze at -100%). I'm not aware of any positive modifiers of this type that players can get in-game, which is good, because I don't want to have to work out how to describe them in the text ("slow" as a verb doesn't have an opposite that's quite as snappy - maybe "hasten"?)

The descriptions of things like Chill that use this mechanic have been standardised to use the term "slow" to help make it more clear what this applies to.

These modifiers apply to the speed all your character's animations play at, so affect any sort of action the character does that has an animation. The Unstoppable will apply the same way to these modifiers as it does to movement speed modifiers - you can't go below the base value. So freeze says "-100% speed" and Unstoppable says "yeah, nah, bro" and doesn't give a shit.

It's worth noting, however, that the slow restriction only applies to those "slow" type modifiers, and Unstoppable doesn't say anything about Cast Speed or Attack Speed (or more obscure things like trap throwing speed), so reductions to those will apply as normal.

So its more than just a movement speed adjuster. Negates Temp chains, Chill and Freeze completely. Probably still not worth it.
I found that lvl1 CWDT was not reliable enough for curse application so I started using Blasphemy. This of course caused problems with my mana reservation so I've just been running Hatred and Blasphemy, forgoing HoA. Yesterday I started using an Alpha's Howl socketed with Blasphemy, Poachers Mark, Hatred and Enlighten lvl 2 and now I can run HoA as well. My next goal is to get an Alplha's Howl with 2b,1g,1w so I can easily swap out Poachers Mark for Enfeeble for Atziri and difficult maps. Further down the road I should be able to go back to using Devoto's Devotion with an Enlighten lvl 4 (if calculations are correct).

Here is my gear and tree. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by Divinorum1 on Feb 19, 2016, 5:27:46 PM
"
Divinorum1 wrote:
I found that lvl1 CWDT was not reliable enough for curse application so I started using Blasphemy. This of course caused problems with my mana reservation so I've just been running Hatred and Blasphemy, forgoing HoA. Yesterday I started using an Alpha's Howl socketed with Blasphemy, Poachers Mark, Hatred and Enlighten lvl 2 and now I can run HoA as well. My next goal is to get an Alplha's Howl with 2b,1g,1w so I can easily swap out Poachers Mark for Enfeeble for Atziri and difficult maps. Further down the road I should be able to go back to using Devoto's Devotion with an Enlighten lvl 4 (if calculations are correct).

Here is my gear and tree. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but why run Poacher's mark when you're already getting frenzy charges from blood rage, and the reduced evasion doesn't do anything for you since you're running RT? Wouldn't something like warlord's mark work better for leech as well as providing endurance charges?
"
Wolfeang wrote:

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but why run Poacher's mark when you're already getting frenzy charges from blood rage, and the reduced evasion doesn't do anything for you since you're running RT? Wouldn't something like warlord's mark work better for leech as well as providing endurance charges?

Not a stupid question and you are right that I have some redundancy with Poachers Mark. Warlords Mark would also be redundant because I'm using Endurance charge on melee stun. Thanks for pointing it out!

Earlier on I was having survive-ability issues and the additional leech helped that but it may no longer be necessary. I am going to try using Punishment for a while and see if that would be better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info