(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Lighty wrote:

Thankfully fortify was a typo and If the 40% more damage multiplier from berserker sticks that could be the new #1. The argument then becomes is 40% more damage worth more than free fortify, hard to say since the power of a more multiplier is overwhelming.

but it also has the +10% damage taken downside
+40% more damage is tempting but at least for me damage was never the problem with Cyclone - it was always survivability in high level maps
"
BeRse wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:

but it also has the +10% damage taken downside
+40% more damage is tempting but at least for me damage was never the problem with Cyclone - it was always survivability in high level maps

I was thinking the same thing as well. Maybe Cloak of Savagery with either Warbringer or Crave the Slaughter could be the best node choices? Lets face it good armour and max resists those 20% chunk hits can occur pretty regularly at high maps. The damage is there already, so the added 'tankiness' and up to 45% attack speed with crave the slaughter/savagery would be a pretty nice.

I think it would allow some more interesting armour options as Lightning Coil or Koams Heart dont become necessary at that point - you proc the savagery more often and stay tanky regardless. Also if you take Vaal Pact then you could put a LOT more points into dmg nodes vs the tanky/life regen nodes as regen is pointless. The only weakness would be things that one shot....but those things one shot most cycloners anyway.

I dunno, just thinking aloud.
Last edited by baggs on Feb 20, 2016, 6:22:45 PM
"
Lighty wrote:
"
NinjaBean1337 wrote:
I recently decided to do your build and as soon as I switched to cyclone+life gain on hit I saw a world of difference roughly the same dmg but life gain on hit is so good. Great build. I had one question though, will any of this be nerfed in ascendancy? I just didn't want to get my hopes up finally finding a build that seems to be working for me only to find it's nerfed into the dirt come next patch. Thanks in advanced!

I see no reason why cyclone would be nerfed given its recent nerf in patch 2.1. Even if cyclone lost another 10% dps it would still be the best melee skill simply because you dps while moving. If anything the ascendancy sub-classes offer a buff to cyclone but establish more class identity making either duelist or marauder a more important choice. We have to wait and see what the remaining marauder sub-class is ( assuming its caster/totems related) and scion aswell to know which will be best come 2.2.

Thanks for the info, I have also made the spec up to I think low 70's with a little under 16k dps on cyclone and something like 12-13k dps when using determination instead of hatred (which I normally do for the extra survivability) I also modified the spec to run off mana with 3 somewhat decent elreon pieces. and made some other changes as well (which were likely not as good as the original but i like it lol). I have to say the build is pretty strong. I found a zana mission in a map and had 12+ devourers spawning on me at a time and because the dps was high enough they died almost instantly and in most cases without being able to get an attack off. Don't got the coin for atziri's disfavour yet (using a 5 link belly of the beast for my cyclone setup and kaom's primacy) but I can see already that it's going to be ridiculous once I do. Thanks again!
40% more dmg from all sources is huge man and i was thinking the 10% basically just cuts fortify bonus in half so i don't think its crazy bad. Plus you get 5% reduction from rite of ruin which will be up 90% of the time minus certain bosses and if you are still getting rampart that is another 3% dmg reduction give or take. At this point i really just want to see the changes to the tree if any and am really hoping they throw in a unique that plays around this whole save hit thing maybe a reduction to the savage hit thresh hold which would make Cloaked in savagery awesome to take.
Hey Lighty,

I'd like to try running Hatred, Herald of Ash, Blasphemy, but I only have a level 3 enlighten. Is there a passive point I can take to equal out a level 4 enlighten? I'd be willing to sacrifice dps nodes.

I saw your tip about putting it in the Atziri's Disfavour, but I'm using a Kaoms so I need the 6L in my Atziri's Disfavour. Level 93 atm.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEABLMFLQU8B3UJlgm7C2EMXw48E0wUIBRxF-EYkRo4HKchVSb4JyAnLyz7MHc5DjpSPAU8LUCgRrdHfkh4SdVOMlBHU6VXVFnzWf5eE18_YSFhUmRSZU1lp2hYaGVo8nKpdO12f3aseHp673t0e4x82X7gggeDX4PMhMSE2YTvhVKGYIdqidiKIoqzkFWTqJd5nleiAKknqZSsqq2NrlCvbLc-vJ-9Nr6nwGbApsGjxFjE9sVTxq7PftNv15bYvdlh2Xzawdwy3D3iYeRR6hjrCe8O707vfPAf82_z3fZI9zL46_4K?accountName=LadyLoriana&characterName=Obliterator
Last edited by LadyLoriana on Feb 21, 2016, 1:10:59 AM
How is this build in tier 14-15 maps? Currently running t12 maps without problems, using a Hezmana's. Will it be more or less a neccesity to purchase a disfavour in order to complete those high lvl maps?
"
Garash wrote:
How is this build in tier 14-15 maps? Currently running t12 maps without problems, using a Hezmana's. Will it be more or less a neccesity to purchase a disfavour in order to complete those high lvl maps?

I completed a Palace map with 4 link 500 pdps 2H axe. Died twice on boss due to bad playing but it's definitely not a necessity to purchase a disvafour.
IGN: Swagmeizter
Prophecy Sc
"
Tortillaboy wrote:

I completed a Palace map with 4 link 500 pdps 2H axe. Died twice on boss due to bad playing but it's definitely not a necessity to purchase a disvafour.

Thanks for reply! Saw some 500 pdps axes go for 2 exas!

Approxinately how much pdps in a weapon is a free link like on Hezmanas worth?
NVM i figured out why. -.- im being silly not enough coffee yet.
Last edited by Crucifer on Feb 21, 2016, 1:35:18 PM
"
Garash wrote:
"
Tortillaboy wrote:

Thanks for reply! Saw some 500 pdps axes go for 2 exas!

Approxinately how much pdps in a weapon is a free link like on Hezmanas worth?

Hard to say. The pdps difference starts scaling really good when you get levels / better gear overall
IGN: Swagmeizter
Prophecy Sc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info