(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

Have you tried a 1h+shield build with cyclone? I've seen it as a more popular alternative especially for higher tier maps. Do you think such a build can provide much better survivability without trading off too much damage?
Lighty have you considered hypothermia linked to cyclone in combination with arctic armour's chilled ground? What are your thoughts?
which Ascendany class is your favorite for Cyclone at the moment?
"
Monitick wrote:
Have you tried a 1h+shield build with cyclone? I've seen it as a more popular alternative especially for higher tier maps. Do you think such a build can provide much better survivability without trading off too much damage?

Thats a different build entirely but I feel if your going for a sword and board build there are better ways to do it. That being said max block cyclone with a soultaker works fine. You will be light on life in general and I feel the dps trade off isn't worth it considering how tanky we already are as 2h. The investment required to make 1h shield cyclone viable is massive compared to have mostly self found gear with a 1-2c unique weapon that 2h cyclone do pull off.
LightyGaming.com
"
BeRse wrote:

At the moment im split between Champion and Slayer for the best ascendancy subclass. I feel duelist is superior to marauder as of now but hopefully the final marauder sub-class will bring something exciting to the table.
LightyGaming.com
"
zankioh wrote:
Lighty have you considered hypothermia linked to cyclone in combination with arctic armour's chilled ground? What are your thoughts?

So I like hypo for the 5th/6th slot if your running AA only and even then I have an issue with its radius compared to the radius of cyclone. Your cyclone's spin is larger than that of AA's chilled ground applied beneath you, because of this often mobs are killed prior to being within the chilled ground. That changes for party play and unique/boss mobs where there life pool is large enough to sustain multiple hits. So I suggest having faster attacks as your 5th/6th slot and swapping in hypo when playing in a group or for larger enemies to improve your single target. The more multiplier on it is very enticing and some players have even worked in Cwdt + arctic breath setups into there play to up the odds of enemies being chilled while mainlining hypo instead of keeping it in inventory to swap.
LightyGaming.com
oy vey
Last edited by Biscos on Jul 9, 2020, 5:21:12 PM
"
yankalalala wrote:
"
zankioh wrote:

I'm using, for my single target: Cyclone, conc eff, melee phys, added fire, bloodlust, hypothermia.
Proccin' chill with AA and bleed with leap slam. It is really, really strong. I'm killing conservatory boss in literally ~4 seconds.

Yep I added both those gem mentions in the FAQ regarding the power of a more multiplier for stronger single target dps
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:
"
BeRse wrote:

At the moment im split between Champion and Slayer for the best ascendancy subclass. I feel duelist is superior to marauder as of now but hopefully the final marauder sub-class will bring something exciting to the table.

I think you can go Juggernaut for full tank mode. Is it not as competitive with the Duelist subclasses? The Juggernaut nodes do provide extra damage in addition to endurance charges.
"
Monitick wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
BeRse wrote:

I think you can go Juggernaut for full tank mode. Is it not as competitive with the Duelist subclasses? The Juggernaut nodes do provide extra damage in addition to endurance charges.

I feel as if Juggernauts main draw is the double armour from chest. The 10% endurance charge when hit is in line with endurance charge on melee stun + vengeance/leap slam and warlords mark so its redundant at best. The +1 max charge is worth 2 passive points which I feel falls short compared to the other trees points per value. The damage from traveling is minor if not behind the other trees. Unstoppable only prevents you from going below 0% movement speed which is only relevant when cycloning over chilled ground/tar and is again redundant with a quicksilver flask active.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Feb 11, 2016, 8:25:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info