PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
adrianmatei wrote:
is worth using hatred+herald of ash+herald of ice (instead of artic armour)?

"
alexvsevil wrote:
Decided to run Weapon Ele as my 6th link instead of Blood Magic. Traded three points from Executioner and 2 life nodes for 5 pts to pick up Spirit Void to sustain the mana cost.

I had been using Arctic Armour but I thought the 'while standing still' part had been removed after the changes to the damage reduction, if I have none while cycloning it's totally not worth it imo. Now to see how the loss of Executioner feels against single targets. Dropping the attack speed side of that wheel might be better?

at 8.1k life and 76k dps with WED (was at 62k with blood magic and Executioner)

Gotta get around to upgrading my jewelry as well...I'm trying to stay overcapped for ele weakness maps, while getting a lot of Dex+Int for my gems. Not really sure what I could do to drastically improve the jewelry, but I've been getting a lot of flak lately for having a 127 exalt belt and a bunch of 5c jewelry..haha >.>

So AA's standing still fire/phys reduction doesn't work like you assumed since were on the move however most everything becomes chilled from the chilled ground which is a decent form of mitigation and far surpasses the minor damage boost that is herald of ice/thunder.

@alexvsevil like you said your jewelry is dumpster trash compared to the rest of your gear, the two-stone is okay. As for currency sinks after you upgrade those slots; jewels,quality gems,corruption implicits,divine gear for better rolls and perfect flasks. When playing a build with predominantly rares (cyclone) the quest for perfect gear is basically fucking endless. Even if your fully mirror'd (which no cycloner is) eventually new t1's come out and your going to have to upgrade to those; which may not even exist. I suggest trying your hand at crafting some near perfect gear instead of simply buying a new ring and ammy, adds a real feel of excitement to the en devour.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Feb 7, 2016, 10:05:26 AM
"
_Rain__ wrote:
Hi Lighty,first of all ty for amazing build,finally i can easylly get thrue anoying bosses such as hi lvl marvel,piety and so on.Quick question for u,what do u think about using this chest armor?

"
Jdahl22 wrote:
"
stoudtlr wrote:
Found one of these while mapping

This looks great for cycloner IMO, but don't see people using it so am I missing something? Increased move and attack speed, +2 to our cyclone gem, AND 1300 armor if you took the iron reflexes passive.

What I noticed as a new player to the build and to the game in general, is that unique chests make gearing more expensive. Its hard to find helm/gloves/boots that have high armor/life/res and some other needed stats like movement speed,attack speed, missing attributes etc. So if you are going to use a unique it must be worth it. Imo, I would only change my astral plate for coil or daresso's.

As for mana, used to play with spirit void also and now I just play with one neck with 0.7+ mana leech and change to blood magic in no mana regen maps.

About ascendancy classes. Do you think champion can compare to slayer on damage considering the gems we can use instead of fortify?
"
Isdp wrote:
Bit curious about hypothermia gem.
You don"t talk about it in the 1st post and I wonder why.
(or maybe I didnt see it)

Both Cherubim's and Bronn's are okay chests to use and if you already have a 5-6l its better than using a tabula rasa. That being said like stated above the chest slot is an extremely important one, if not the most important behind your weapon. If your going to being using a unique chest and toss away the chance for tri res life and high armour; it better be fucking good. Now I maintain kaoms and coil being the best chest with belly,carcass and daresso midtier; all of the midtier chests can be replaced with a well rolled rare so i seldom suggest sinking the currency to 6l a midtier chest. The thought of using iron reflexes to make chests like Bronn's and daresso offer large amounts of armour is great and works well when competing with the large armour rare chests; keep that in mind when searching the market for 1.5k+ eva chests.

For subclasses I will best posting my thoughts on each viable one in the ascendancy subclass section on the guides front page along with the breakdown of what each has to offer. I do think slayer grants high damage because of the points traveling between nodes are very good despite the perma fortify offering a free link. That being said if were forced to still use AA as our 3rd aura something like hypothermia as the new link with its more multiplier will destroy even 150% increased dps despite some targets not being chilled all the time and diminishing returns on our pdps; if were at the point of 1 shotting most mobs with our 100k tooltip and 6l disfavour another more multiplier only effects rares and bosses. For this reason id rather run inc aoe/ conc effect to increased clear speed and swap between for single target boss fights/atziri.

Working on the subclass section after the superbowl tonight; got 20$ on the panthers ayy lmao.
LightyGaming.com
Would the same rule about champion and hypothermia apply to non-BM setups?
"
Jdahl22 wrote:
Would the same rule about champion and hypothermia apply to non-BM setups?

Hypothermia only applies if your running arctic armour and what do you mean by non-bm setup; mana based cyclone or non bm support and bm keystone?
LightyGaming.com
no bm support gem (mana with hatred + AA) so we can have both hypothermia and increased area/conc. effect
Last edited by Jdahl22 on Feb 8, 2016, 10:55:01 AM
"
Jdahl22 wrote:
no bm support gem (mana with hatred + AA) so we can have both hypothermia and increased area/conc. effect

Yeah that would work perfectly fine. It would be...

• Cyclone
  • Melee Physical
  • Added Fire
  • Wed/Faster Attacks
  • Conc/Inc Aoe
  • Hypo (if aa)

LightyGaming.com
Hi, I'm level 91 and using your build and I was wondering what'd be the next step on gear upgrades.
im playing this build its very nice, I figured out using flicker strike-melee splash-multi-culling greatly helps me with clear speed as well as allowing me to cull bosses when I get them low. thanks for the info and good build.
"
Hi, I'm level 91 and using your build and I was wondering what'd be the next step on gear upgrades.

I would suggest getting Rumi's and Taste of Hate if you haven't already. Your amulet and ring are your "weakest" rare slots but still not bad overall. Work on getting your remaining gems to 20% quality then start crafting 3-4 prop jewels. Your weapon is fairly good at 488 pdps but can use an improvement soon. I would say to utilize The Warlords set and try your hand at crafting a 500+pdps coronal maul, It could require a fair amount (8-12ex) to complete but its a rewarding quest to undertake.
LightyGaming.com
"
sethbine wrote:
im playing this build its very nice, I figured out using flicker strike-melee splash-multi-culling greatly helps me with clear speed as well as allowing me to cull bosses when I get them low. thanks for the info and good build.

Glad you enjoy it and the flicker setup is an interesting™ choice. let me know if you have any questions,comments or concerns.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Feb 9, 2016, 8:17:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info