(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

I'm starting this build in Talisman HC and got a question. I've only played a flame totem character before and would like to know what are the deadliest monsters to this build? It's easy to check if a map has physical reflect etc, but what about else? Are there any shrines which can be fatal? What I should be aware of before starting? Wouldn't like to waste my few currencies to a stupid death :)

Thanks in advance! Very clear and well written guide btw.
Hey, I'm still newbie, but I'm hitting kind of a end-game when I don't know what to change in gear, maybe gem setup etc. I think I build some currency to upgrade my EQ, but I don't know what is the best option right know. Is it better to upgrade few items for ~20c or maybe go all in in 1 item. I had yesterday an attempt on Atziri, but I missplayed the trio fight and I wasn't able to even see Atziri ;_;. So if some1 would be kind and give some advice what to focus know it would be great. Atm I have 1ex 40chaos in stash but if i manage to sell my items i will be near 2.5-3ex. Sorry for my bad english, and thanks in advance for tips.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/rudolhess/characters
This is my first "completed" set of gear. Total cost without 6L was less than 1ex and with, less than 3ex. At lvl 87 i'm at 4.9k hp, +27% chaos res (others capped), 48% phys red. Tooltip DPS with Hatred+AA (no buffs) and Increased Area is at 41k (no q gems). I would have more hp/armor with blood magic gem but l'm loving my blue slot on 6L.

Spoiler

Hey Lighty, can you give some information about what gems should be %20 quality and which gems dont worth to make %20 quality. It can be a great addition to this guide. And does fortify gem needs to be %20 i mean is duration of the fortify that important.
Thanks in advance
Which masters would you recommend to have in the hideout eventually? Like the two or three most important ones.
"
andrew8448 wrote:
"
Kaom's heart or Belly of the Beast, which is the best for end game?

If you can cap your resistances elsewhere, definitely Kaom's Heart.
Personally, I prefer the high life pool over the secondary 5L, but that's just me.

I did play with both a Belly and a Kaoms (Non legacy, of course), and I still prefer the latter. Back when I was playing with 6L belly, I was trying out a Vaal Lightning Strike setup (ripped so hard to Atziri since I didn't know the lightning strike carried over to the split phase and got mirrored to death). I also tried a 6L Leap Slam setup with Faster Attacks, Blood Magic, Endurance Charge on Melee stun, Melee Physical Damage, and Vengeance.
It was alright.

Currently, I am running a Kaoms and am liking it a lot.
Just my $.02

Legacy kaoms > Legacy Coil > Coil > Kaoms > Great Rare > Belly > Good Rare > Carcass/Daresso > EveryOtherUniqueBody
LightyGaming.com
"
andrew8448 wrote:
"
what should the cdwt levels be?

I keep all of my cwdt setup gems at lvl 1 due to laziness.

My cwdt is just blood rage, flame golem, and warlords mark.
I also use cwdt with arctic breath, gmp, and enfeeble sometimes.

Your curse and golem are in a lv1 cwdt and molten shell, immortal call, bloodrage i prefer in a lv20 cwdt. Essentially you take the skills that scale well from level but dont need 100% up-time and place them in lv20 and the spells that you want active always in the lowest level; aka lv1.
LightyGaming.com
"
Jorune wrote:
In my opinion Hezmana's > Kaom's primacy. Both have around 400dps, while Hez' has only pure phys dps and Kaom's mixes up with some added fire. But the "attacks have Blood Magic" from Hezmana makes for a noticeable difference as it results in a 7L opportunity getting rid of blood magic, thus resulting in superior dps/utility.

Also it's important to point out that "attacks have blood magic" from Hezmana works for any attack in your whole gear, meaning not only slotted in the axe (allows you for example to save another blood magic socket with Leep slam). I levelled for a long time with Hezmana + Tabula rasa using my cyclone setup in the Tabula, and didn't had to use Blood Magic in the mix thanks to the Hezmana.

If not using Blood Magic keystone, that is. With the keystone Kaom's is prolly a better choice then.

That said, it's my first post in this thread, so that's a Hello Lighty and thanks for this great and detailed guide ! :)

Yeah that's a good point to note. If your planning on using the BM Keystone Hezmana is a waste compared to Primacy, if not; then use Hezmana over Primacy.
LightyGaming.com
"
The_Rain_Man wrote:
Ahhh good to be back. I see there must of been some changes in the game over the past 10 or so months.

Half a mill dps. party play 505k

might have to scroll across.

Yeah with a stacked party and aurabots you can get your cyclone dps grossly high now that the tooltip basically reflects your actual dps; its still slightly off.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Jan 24, 2016, 3:08:05 AM
"
I'm starting this build in Talisman HC and got a question. I've only played a flame totem character before and would like to know what are the deadliest monsters to this build? It's easy to check if a map has physical reflect etc, but what about else? Are there any shrines which can be fatal? What I should be aware of before starting? Wouldn't like to waste my few currencies to a stupid death :)

Thanks in advance! Very clear and well written guide btw.

Below is taken directly from the Map Mod's Section of the build Guide. Essentially its just reflect and stacking damage mods that will kill you; like most every other melee physical build.

"
Lighty wrote:
There are no map mods that this build cannot do; that being said there are some I avoid

Annoying
  • Temporal Chains
  • Chilled Ground
  • Bloodmagic
  • -100%/-50%/-25% Life Regen (can prevent bloodrage sustain)
  • Player Cursed With Vulnerability (can prevent bloodrage sustain)
  • Player Cursed With Elemental Weakness (run Purity of Elements)

Very Annoying
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info