Eternal Orbs

Just make it like:
if you eternal an item more than x times it gets corrupted. it is logical and will balance eternals.
Great move GGG, and I agree that imprints should be left and they should vendor for 3ex, allowing them to still work isn't a good idea.

Now for mirrors!
"
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
This is the last nail in the coffin really, GGG, you guys are completely out to lunch and out of touch with Standard, its economy and reality. You guys have no fucking idea what you're doing any more, in my books.

The last laugh will be on you, as you watch and see how much of the STD base activity gets destroyed even more by this moronic move.

The game is meant to be played on the challenge leagues, how havent u figured this out by now?

It may be like that now,but noone exalts,eternals,mirrors items in challenge leagues.
The games logo is a freaking mirror of kalandra.
What is the purpose of existence of eternals and mirrors in challenge leagues,and why should GGG "balance" these items then?
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
This is the last nail in the coffin really, GGG, you guys are completely out to lunch and out of touch with Standard, its economy and reality. You guys have no fucking idea what you're doing any more, in my books.

The last laugh will be on you, as you watch and see how much of the STD base activity gets destroyed even more by this moronic move.

In fairness, if they haven't outright said it (pretty sure they have, though), it's a well-known fact GGG doesn't balance at all around Standard, including its economy.

That in mind, this change does sort of get perplexing.

Not saying it's right. But it's the mentality.

But /shrug, maybe there's a long-game here, plans for a new orb, maybe.

Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 6, 2015, 1:07:15 AM
So let me get this straight, people aren't upset about the fact that people will make less perfect gear. People aren't upset that grinding will still have no guarantees, even with eternal orbs there weren't any. And people are happy that crafting will either be cheaper (yolo exalting) or useless (just trade instead) and exalts are reinforced in the role of being a currency option rather than a crafting one (just too much risk involved especially with the availability of master crafting). I just don't get it.

If GGG didn't want perfect items to be crafted, then they made the right choice. All this other nonsense I see is more like whining that they can't do it themselves. The better option in my opinion would have just been to flood the market. If an eternal drop was exceptionally common, then it wouldn't matter how OP it was and everybody would be happy.

Self found would be happy because they might someday create something godly.
Traders would be happy because the influx of eternals would become a new trade currency, and a desirable one at that. More so than it is now.
High end crafters might be upset because their corner on the market might end but it seems like you're happy they're getting the shaft anyway.

But thats me for you, I'd rather have a fluid currency experience. I'm not all that interested in the trading economy but I would like my time farming to have some meaning, beyond vendoring rares for alt shards.
honestly, I don't get how temp league people could be so "happy" and how standard league people could be so "pissed off". This change probably would not affect 99.9% of those people.

Personally, I play standard and this change is like "meh". Crafting was possible but it was also ridiculously expensive and impractical. For all of my time playing PoE, I've never found an eternal/mirror.
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:

In fairness, if they haven't outright said it (pretty sure they have, though), it's a well-known fact GGG doesn't balance at all around Standard, including its economy.

Not saying it's right. But it's the mentality.

Why do people keep bringing this up as a valid point?? This is a direct FU to Standard players and making the economy even WORSE, nothing to do with Temp.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
"
ghoulavenger wrote:
So let me get this straight, people aren't upset about the fact that people will make less perfect gear. People aren't upset that grinding will still have no guarantees, even with eternal orbs there weren't any. And people are happy that crafting will either be cheaper (yolo exalting) or useless (just trade instead) and exalts are reinforced in the role of being a currency option rather than a crafting one (just too much risk involved especially with the availability of master crafting). I just don't get it.

If GGG didn't want perfect items to be crafted, then they made the right choice. All this other nonsense I see is more like whining that they can't do it themselves. The better option in my opinion would have just been to flood the market. If an eternal drop was exceptionally common, then it wouldn't matter how OP it was and everybody would be happy.

Self found would be happy because they might someday create something godly.
Traders would be happy because the influx of eternals would become a new trade currency, and a desirable one at that. More so than it is now.
High end crafters might be upset because their corner on the market might end but it seems like you're happy they're getting the shaft anyway.

But thats me for you, I'd rather have a fluid currency experience. I'm not all that interested in the trading economy but I would like my time farming to have some meaning, beyond vendoring rares for alt shards.

Flooding the market isn't a bad idea IF they planned on keeping mirrors.. something tells me this is not the case.
The Rich get Richer
"
Kaz2ndChance wrote:
honestly, I don't get how temp league people could be so "happy" and how standard league people could be so "pissed off". This change probably would not affect 99.9% of those people..

Yeah, I really don't get why temp league people even care.

But I can kind of get why Standard players do. I wasn't about to spend 200ex to upgrade one of my CI character's chest pieces, so I spent about 40ex et/ex crafting my own. For certain situations when you have enough liquid currency, it's nice to have the ability to do it.

The bigger problem I see, I alluded to a a few posts back
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jul 6, 2015, 1:15:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info