They removed the chained girls on the orbs!!!! maaan wtf

I never thought that they'd actually do this. I think it was years back that I saw people say something about it and I didn't disagree at all, but I just accepted it since to me it was ultimately something small, even if it was very visible. I just saw in a video that it was changed, though. Amidst all of the people here being Very Upset, I just wanted to throw a quick thanks for changing it, GGG. I'm looking forward to release this Friday and to playing this one of my favorite games for hundreds more hours :)
Uninstalled.

I can understand making visual touch ups to the UI necessitated by game mechanics, but to just flat alter your aesthetic (for the worse, in my humble opinion) for unknown reasons just makes me question some of the decision making process taking place.

I'd still recommend PoE to anyone who's never played it.
I really do love the game, but I cannot support this.
I personally have not seen any vocal minority complaining about the chained girls in the orbs. I personally pay so little attention to such things that I had to actually look at the screenshot linked earlier of the compassion to realize: "Oh yeah... There are naked chicks on the orbs." (Sorry whoever spent time designing it). I personally like the new design, I don't know if I like it more, but I have nothing against it.

But have you stopped to consider that maybe you are being the vocal minority getting upset about this? The lack or presence of support or opposition, doesn't mean that you are in the majority. What if... Now bare with me on this rollercoaster of an idea. What if most people care more about the GAMEPLAY and CONTENT than about the designs of things that have no functionality regarding the game play.

I mean like maybe the guy in the art department who originally made it doesn't like it anymore? That isn't uncommon among artist, having worked with them in the past and present, they are as stable as plutonium when it comes to their own work.

There could be hundreds of different reasons for the change and you seems to be blinded by zeal, only able to consider that there could only be one reason for the change. I have never been a fan of the politically correct culture, and never will be since I am for artistic freedom.

Can't you see that you are no better than the PC-harpies, you are currently opposing that very same artistic freedom you claim to be for. You are the social pressure trying to prevent the creator from expressing their vision. If you are fighting against something, make sure you do not turn in to that what you fight against!

If you read this, then you have read this.
Last edited by Gehe_fin on Jul 9, 2015, 5:28:59 PM
I can't beleve it. Is it April Fools' Day again already?

At least give us an option to choose, please.
Sorry to say this but the lion head simply doesn't cut it for me!

Or maybe i simply don't understand the design and it has some hidden awesomness?

I really liked the style of the orb girls a lot but the skulls on the life orb aren't too bad either.
However, instead of the lion, maybe some sort of haunted wraith would be more fitting for the mana globe?
I am imagining it looking like it was being sucked towards the right part of the mana globe (where the lions mane is at atm), mirroring the chains on the Karui style carved skulls on the life orb.

Something like this would fit much better stylewise in my opinion.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
While the rest of the UI looks better to me I've got to say I'm really dissapointed (especially considering how good the 2.0 patch is) GGG decided to get rid of the chained girls. The skull and lionhead are really cheesy and dont fit into the game at all. Immersion ruined.

Furthermore, I'm really concerned about the future of this game since it seems that it was removed because certain vocal minority asked for it - the dark sing of future downfall. PoE was one of the few games that actually did brutal and unforgiving setting right, nudity being a part of it. If complains about the girls were a problem more reasonable change would be to make one of them a naked man.

Any way. Until we get at least an option to switch the skull and lionhead back to chained people I'd advise everyone not to spend money here - not because the game is bad at the moment, but because I fear it might be a lost investment should the company turn to the dark side.
Wow you guys sure are being petulant babies. In the mean time, go to google images and search for boobs if you're in that kind of mood.
"
paraspam wrote:
Wow you guys sure are being petulant babies. In the mean time, go to google images and search for boobs if you're in that kind of mood.

Quite the idiotic statement you have there. Who the hell even faps to globe girls.

hell, your logic defeats itself. with internet at disposition...
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jul 11, 2015, 12:43:55 PM
OK, now i get the lionhead. Figured it out when i got to Daresso's Dream (or rather the portal to it). Still don't think it really fits very well in its current look, although it does make sense now.

Personally, i would much rather go with some sort of specter or wraith for consistency reasons (hm, burning lion head spectre?)! i mean, it doesn't show Kaom's (or any karui's) head on the life globe but rather the carved skulls so the theme feels more like "all that is left from the heroes of times past".

In this case, the life side has the physical remains (skulls) while the mana side relates to what remains of the spirit, the essence.

Listening to all the dialogues in act 4 yesterday for the first time (i kind of wanted to save that part for the life version and not spoiler it for myself in the beta), i understood that Daresso himself could hardly be there physically (unlike Kaom) but it was his spirit, his desire that got caught and corrupted by the beast.
It therefore does makes sense to show his image or crest at the mana globe but the image should be more ghostly, show more clearly the spirit theme. Hence my suggestion above.

By the way, are the karui skulls the same as the ones Dialla has on her belt?

"
paraspam wrote:

It would seem to me that you don't quite get that someone could like the orb girls for reasons other than that?

I don't think that the nudity was the main reason to remove the globe girls since we still have the anatomically detailed statues and "Rudolph the red nosed reindeer" (go to the marketplace if you don't know what i mean).
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
GGG cares more about PR with certain "groups" than the good old aesthetic consistency of the game.
See how they'll try to find every reason in the world not to give the globe slaves back, even as MTX.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info