They removed the chained girls on the orbs!!!! maaan wtf

"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
Well give us the option to pick one of the two I know one of you programmers can do that.

I'm a designer, though we do have a programmer named Daniel who you may be thinking of. Going by "Dan" is my attempt to avoid confusion, even if it rarely works out that way.

I don't think an option is likely to happen. Not by release at least.

"
TheWretch wrote:
well that was ...anticlimactic. I thought maybe she was missing half her face

Spoiler

I didn't say it was up to date art of her without a mask :)

Touché
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
neonive wrote:
Are you trolling or did they change?

The UI has indeed changed. You can see the new one in the The Awakening trailer.

I hope you like it!

First, let me say that I do appreciate all the effort you put into this game, and the time you take to interact with the players. I also respect the fact that this is GGG's game to do with as they please, but I do not like this new UI at all. I feel that Path Of Exile is slowly but inexorably shifting from a dark, gritty mature game to one where form no longer follows function, but is determined by delicate tip toeing around sensibilities. If this Path of Sensibilities continues, eventually, the statues will be clothed, the blood spatters changed to clear 'sweat drops', and instead of impaled and dismembered corpses in Lunaris, we will have disheveled "victims" with no more than torn clothes and mussed up hair.

Sorry to be so direct, but I feel pretty strongly about this. I would suggest that the GGG team pulls up and reads the original threads when UI changes were proposed much earlier. The player sentiment is strong, albeit not as strong as it was for loot options, but still palpable.

I suspect that the driving force behind this change is finding something non-controversial for the new markets GGG is entering. UI options would be the way to go, IMO. Long term, down the road, GGG could even offer UI options as MTX.

Please give us the option for the orginal UI, or options to choose from.

Imagine a world where the Doge meme was banned because dogs were considered offensive, and I think you will understand where I am coming from.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
You guys keep talking about how they had to appease some vocal minority that honestly barely even exists but I think they just you know, wanted to redo the UI. It looks much better than the old one if you ask me. There are still plenty of cases of naked women and men in the game you can go gobble up if that is what you desire.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
You guys keep talking about how they had to appease some vocal minority that honestly barely even exists but I think they just you know, wanted to redo the UI. It looks much better than the old one if you ask me. There are still plenty of cases of naked women and men in the game you can go gobble up if that is what you desire.

Opinions.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

nah, I liked the naked chained women in front of my UI. It turned me on, kinky. lol
"
There are still plenty of cases of naked women and men in the game you can go gobble up if that is what you desire.

it's not about getting sexually aroused by looking at the old user interface, it's about recognizing the game by looking at pictures, it's identity, it's moraly incorrectness. something ggg cared about in the past.

i'm giving up on this one, my dissapointment in this change made me realize how overly attached i became to the game over the years. looking at my bookshelf full of games, none of those ever achieved that. maybe i should give them another chance.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Hey I'm new to this game but I have to admit the orb girls was one of the things that first catched my attention, my impresion was like ''sweet, an old school game with a dark and mature atmosphere''.

Today lurking on this forums I find they'll remove them, I just hope is not for making the game more ''politically correct'', that will be a shame, the chained girls really create a grim atmosphere that most of today games lack.
This is the SECOND time GGG tries to remove the orb girls against the protest of their players.

Why is this more important than not pissing off your customers? You know how it went last time.
The dumb is strong in this one
So disappointed in new ui, it looks boring and cliche.

I've literally spent more money on poe than any game in my life, except wow, so when I say that I hope it's not taken as just being a hater and not caring about the game, cause I do care a lot.

Loved the old ui, the chained women to me literally made it the coolest ui I've ever seen in a game.

This is the problem with games, they start getting so concerned with marketing that they make choices that ruin their games for me. Even something seemingly small like this, has such a big effect on how the game feels to me.

If they put in an option to change it back that'd be enough I suppose. But the disappointment is still going to be there.

GGG is finally falling off. :(
i for one am relatively happy with this change, would have preferred if they had replaced one of the women with a man, but this works too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info