[2.0] ✮ MrKasor's Tri-Curse Cold Bow Summoner ✮ [HC] Very Safe Hybrid Atziri Capable

Yep, good build.

MrKasor or any more experienced player can probably give better advice especially when it comes to leveling this build and as a first character but here goes.

Levels 1-9 = WTF was I thinking? No more corpses, no more zombies, personal dps blows, minions (read just zombies) are squishy. Don't rage quit this build, yeah it is tough right now.

Level 10 = Get skeletons, suck less.

Level 16 = For the love of all that is holy, get desecrate. Use it when you need fresh corpses especially when bosses kill all your squishy zombies.

Level 28 = Get raise spectre, watch em die lots, summon more. Get animate guardian feed him life gear prepare for him to die.

Somewhere in the mid 30s = Hey...I don't suck anymore. Ok, maybe a little harsh perhaps mid 20s. With more experience and perhaps better gear 28 is probably the tipping point.

Somewhere in the early 40s = Killing machine

Not even 60 yet, nowhere near the 3ex+ I need for Null's, and I have patchwork gear. At 49 this build has clearly already come into its own and will only continue to get better.

MrKasor,
Where do you recommend we stop leveling animate guardian? Or simply put what is your current strength? With beggars can't be choosers gear sometimes it has +str and I don't want to over level the gem.

Last edited by TooMad on Aug 1, 2015, 7:56:04 PM
"
TooMad wrote:
Yep, good build.

MrKasor or any more experienced player can probably give better advice especially when it comes to leveling this build and as a first character but here goes.

Levels 1-9 = WTF was I thinking? No more corpses, no more zombies, personal dps blows, minions (read just zombies) are squishy. Don't rage quit this build, yeah it is tough right now.

Level 10 = Get skeletons, suck less.

Level 16 = For the love of all that is holy, get desecrate. Use it when you need fresh corpses especially when bosses kill all your squishy zombies.

Level 28 = Get raise spectre, watch em die lots, summon more. Get animate guardian feed him life gear prepare for him to die.

Somewhere in the mid 30s = Hey...I don't suck anymore. Ok, maybe a little harsh perhaps mid 20s. With more experience and perhaps better gear 28 is probably the tipping point.

Somewhere in the early 40s = Killing machine

Not even 60 yet, nowhere near the 3ex+ I need for Null's, and I have patchwork gear. At 49 this build has clearly already come into its own and will only continue to get better.

MrKasor,
Where do you recommend we stop leveling animate guardian? Or simply put what is your current strength? With beggars can't be choosers gear sometimes it has +str and I don't want to over level the gem.

You get 80 Str from final tree and fill the other 30 From your Amulet. You really want him to be maxed level so he never dies to save currency. Assuming you are only at the first 60 Points Tree you will have 50 Str from Tree so you Pop a 30 Str Node for 80 then (15-30) from the amulet. Doing this you will never have to worry about overleveling it as with just the 95 Str you can level it to 19. You can get another 30 Str node for 110 From tree to get to 22 without any help from gear but I find it hard to believe you wont find a good Str/Dex Amulet by then.

To make early leveling easier pop Zombies and Animated Guardian into a +1(+2 is best case at ilvl 65 to roll this mob BTW) minion Helm. Don't need any other stats other than that so you can literally roll a blue helm till you get that and you're good. There is the biggest Minion Health Cluster between Scion Start and The extra Curse Cluster. Don't give the Guardian good gear until you are like level 50 or you notice he has stopped dying as he will rip with your 1 chaos staff which is wasted currency.

Yeah prepare for Airdrop Low-Life Lightning Skeletons with Multistrike to hit 3 Times then be replaced by the totem. With over 60% of their Damage lightning the EE Keystone and Conductivity Curse make their damage ridiculous for a four link.

by gem level 15 Spectres really start to survive and put out constant damage. With Wrath, EE, and Conductivity their clear speed on ANYTHING is a constant speed so much so that you probably wont even know you killed a lot of map bosses.
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094226
"
TooMad wrote:
Yep, good build.

Hey so thanks for the comment I notice you comment a lot so I thought I would pay you back and look at your build. Few tips to make it go a ton better.

-First put Physcial to Lightning instead of minion damage for skeletons.

-Your next two skill points will be the 30 Str Node between Scion Start and The Extra Curse Cluster near Puppet Master and Elemental Equilibrium right near your Start.

-Toss your Quiver as is has Lightning Damage on it and you could roll a better blue one with health and a resist.

-Check your Shops and find a 4 socket or 4 Link Armour Helm then Reroll it until it has +1 to minion helm put animated guardian multistrike raise zombie and fortify in that as they will survive much easier.

-For your bow look for a 4 link doesn't matter what the stats are at all. Put Ice Shot + Curse on Hit + Enfeeble + Conductivity in it.

-At 60 Spend 1.5ex to get a Victarios put Wrath in it and make sure you have the final Aura Cluster at the north east of the tree this will increase all damage by a lot.

-Run Purity of Elements as this helps your minions survive BY A LOT and also makes gear much cheaper as you don't need to worry about resists early.

-Self Cast Flesh offering it's very good even without Nulls also with +1 Minion Helm and Purity your zombies won't go down so corpses will be everywhere.

-Also probably gonna want at least a 4-Link for your Spectres for Revenants go Spectre + Chain + LMP + Spell Echo as it's best case last being lightning pen but for the closest one to your current 3 link I would do Spectre + Chain + Minion Damage + Lightning Pen but Spell echo is MUCH better than minion damage you just have to take it out before raising the spectres then put it back in which is annoying if they die a lot.

-Your amulet is fine but a Hybrid Str/Dex one would solve any issues with STR.
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
Last edited by MrKasor on Aug 2, 2015, 12:27:53 AM
Thanks! Working towards or using all of that.

"
MrKasor wrote:

-Your next two skill points will be the 30 Str Node between Scion Start and The Extra Curse Cluster near Puppet Master and Elemental Equilibrium right near your Start.

Didn't see anything under a search of "curse" near those nodes. Did you mean "Whispers of Doom"? Already have that.

Last edited by TooMad on Aug 2, 2015, 3:47:52 PM
"
TooMad wrote:
Thanks! Working towards or using all of that.

Didn't see anything under a search of "curse" near those nodes. Did you mean "Whispers of Doom"? Already have that.

I just meant the Str node between the Scion Start and That Curse Cluster
"
MrKasor wrote:
"
timmeey wrote:
Why do you use Elemental Equilibrium that early in your build? I guess it's only worth it once you got Victario's Influence + Wrath?

It's worth it as soon as you run wrath or have a lightning Spectre. as we do almost no damage but it is only ice damage so fire and lightning get that -50% which is very good for one point.
Know what you just made me realize a mistake. Minion damage is supposed to be Physical to Lightning for skeletons.

I'm currently at level 43 and using Generosity + Wrath in a random yellow chest piece until I can equip / afford Victario's Influence. Works like a charm.

Another tip for leveling: I find that as soon as you got double curse and temp chains gloves, Ice Shot + GMP + Curse On Hit + Poacher's Mark is the perfect combo until your minions are more stable, since it provides life/mana on hit and thus makes yourself mana stable and tanky and increases the survivability of minions a lot. Spectres will obviously die anyway early on.
"
timmeey wrote:
I'm currently at level 43 and using Generosity + Wrath in a random yellow chest piece until I can equip / afford Victario's Influence. Works like a charm.

Another tip for leveling: I find that as soon as you got double curse and temp chains gloves, Ice Shot + GMP + Curse On Hit + Poacher's Mark is the perfect combo until your minions are more stable, since it provides life/mana on hit and thus makes yourself mana stable and tanky and increases the survivability of minions a lot. Spectres will obviously die anyway early on.

Yep good plan.

I like the Poachers Mark combo for leveling!
can we get high level map videos? I really like the tri curse builds but i dont want to waste 6ex buying regrets just to find out i dont like it, or not as good as my split chain. Your guides are really missing videos for 2.0 patch. I'm interested in your bow tri curse one and not summoner one but you are not visiting that thread anymore.

Thanks again for all your hard work, keep it up
So I'm trying out this build and have temp chains skill on my boots, am I supposed to cast temp chains manually though as the curse on hit doesn't seem to effect that.
"
edys007 wrote:
can we get high level map videos? I really like the tri curse builds but i dont want to waste 6ex buying regrets just to find out i dont like it, or not as good as my split chain. Your guides are really missing videos for 2.0 patch. I'm interested in your bow tri curse one and not summoner one but you are not visiting that thread anymore.

Thanks again for all your hard work, keep it up

Videos will come in Sept when I get new internet as my ping here is 1000 and unplayable.

"
So I'm trying out this build and have temp chains skill on my boots, am I supposed to cast temp chains manually though as the curse on hit doesn't seem to effect that.

? Curse on hit is much more casual but you can self cast it until you can get it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info