[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
hankinsohl wrote:
Oh, woe is me! LOL
Spoiler

Looks like me last league. 9 corrupts and not a single level 21. I eventually caved an *bought* one.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
Serleth wrote:
That's painful.

"
grimjack68 wrote:
Looks like me last league. 9 corrupts and not a single level 21. I eventually caved an *bought* one.

First time this has happened to me over several leagues usually with multiple characters in each one.

Oh well...

On the bright side, with all the grinds this league (maps/end-game grinds) there's ample opportunity to level gems :-)
On the topic of corrupting 20/20 gems, how should I aquire them? Do I 20q them myself, trade for them straight up?
I vaguely recall someone describing a process a long time ago, where you would level gems from 1 to 20, selling them for lvl1/20q gems and then leveling those as well?

My 19/0 gems are days away from hitting twenty, so it's about to become relevant :)
Last edited by Pin_Cracker on Jul 2, 2016, 6:38:01 PM
"
Pin_Cracker wrote:
On the topic of corrupting 20/20 gems, how should I aquire them? Do I 20q them myself, trade for them straight up?
I vaguely recall someone describing a process a long time ago, where you would level gems from 1 to 20, selling them for lvl1/20q gems and then leveling those as well?

My 19/0 gems are days away from hitting twenty, so it's about to become relevant :)

I usually go this route - i.e., level to 20, vendor recipe for 1/20 and then level again for 20/20.

This league, with the 20q prophecy, 20q gems are very cheap. So if starting fresh from this point in Prophecy (not applicable to you), I'd just buy 6 20q gems and level those.

I think Serleth usually corrupts his first batch of level 20's without quality, stops if he gets a 21, and vendor recipes the remainder trying for 20/20.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jul 2, 2016, 6:59:07 PM
Yeah that's normally what I do, shoot for 21/0 first, then 21/20.

This league I just bought my 21/0 and haven't gone for 21/20 yet.

Overcrack has been occupying my gaming time though =)
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Just found this:

Thoughts on this being any useful for this build?
"
Duckling wrote:
Just found this:

The magic find is very nice on this item, but that movement speed penalty is just awful.

I've tried it in the past and wouldn't recommend it - due to the movement speed penalty the amount of currency you can make per hour will almost certainly go down in spite of the increased magic find.
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
Duckling wrote:
Just found this:

The magic find is very nice on this item, but that movement speed penalty is just awful.

I've tried it in the past and wouldn't recommend it - due to the movement speed penalty the amount of currency you can make per hour will almost certainly go down in spite of the increased magic find.

On the other hand, the guide advertises Goldwyrm, which offers only 10% increased movement speed. Rare boots instead offer 30%, 20% increased movement speed more, that should offset the bodyarmor's -20%.

Unless it is not so. :-) So my question is: how is movement speed being calculated?
Last edited by Donnerdrummel on Jul 3, 2016, 7:08:19 AM
"
Donnerdrummel wrote:
So my question is: how is movement speed being calculated?

The goal for magic find is, of course, to make as much currency per hour as you can. IIQ/IIR factor into this obviously, but so does DPS, clear speed, movement speed and survivability.

What constitutes a good trade-off between IIQ/IIR and movement speed is a matter of experience and is somewhat subjective.

My recommendation against Greed's Embrace was based on the assumption that you'd simply wear the chest as well as Goldwyrn.

The two setups you seem to be contemplating are (assuming perfect gear and ignoring armor/evasion):

Carcass Jack plus Goldwyrn: 70 life, 20% increased radius, 12 all resists and 12 increased damage, 20 IIQ, 10 movement, 50 Fire resist

versus

Greed's Embrace plus Rare boots: 15 IIQ, 50 IIR, -10 Fire Resist, 30 Cold Resist, -20 Lightning Resist, -20 movement, 30 movment, 45 Fire, Lightning and Cold
-------
I think that these two setups are close. You can either live without the increased AOE that Carcass Jack provides or cover it with a +1 arrow Drillneck.

I tend to favor IIQ over IIR assuming that the product of the two quantities between alternate gear sets is roughly the same - IIQ increases currency and card drop rate which is nice and which isn't factored into the IIQ-IIR product.

I think I'd favor Goldwyrm plus Carcass Jack over Greed's Embrace plus rare boots. The former gives better clear speed, a bit more life and evasion and more IIQ. The later gives more resists and possibly a somewhat higher IIQ-IIR product depending on the rest of your gear.

Last edited by hankinsohl on Jul 3, 2016, 8:13:18 AM
Couple of questions;
- Is 18/233 is considered "reasonable" for MF'ing? I have no IIR gem (a +3 5L bow) and the reason for the 18 is that I got a %6 dodge spells early in the game and I really hate lab runs. So should I continue as is or try to aim for higher? Still almost broke and barely capped on resistances.
- Did they nerf map drops (and drops in general)? I'm having difficulty finding high tier maps comparing to previous leagues.

Note: As Hank pointed out, Carcass + Goldwyrm have the edge over Greed's. And there is also the Mana regen you have to consider which DOES affects the clear speed. So you'll have another restriction on your amulet choices.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info