[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

how do you guys survive lab? izaro instagibs me every time :/
what's your strategy/tip/secret? just get enough dps and try to kill him first?
You will never be happy if
you continue to search for
what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are
looking for the meaning of life.
"
OIdcheese wrote:
Exalt prices on Hardcore Prophecy are dropping to almost 15c:1ex.

This is very strange indeed. And more to the point, why the huge discrepancy between Hardcore and Softcore? Yes the player bases are markedly different, but I was under the impression (don't know for sure though) that Exalt prices between the leagues was roughly the same.
Pro tip.

When speccing into Iron Reflexes, my suggestion is that you drop Acrobatics, LOL.
"
feuerbach wrote:
how do you guys survive lab? izaro instagibs me every time :/

This is usually a case of not enough life / not switching to survival gear for the fight. Particularly for uber lab.

You should be able to down any other lab with relative ease, in full MF gear.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Got this for 65c. Goooood, no? :D
(it was white when I bought it)

EDIT: I spoke to a guy today who said he bought his 6L white Maraketh for 4ex. So either he got scammed or I stole mine :) Do I flip it, lol?
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Last edited by Jadran on Jun 29, 2016, 5:05:16 PM
"
Jadran wrote:
Got this for 65c. Goooood, no? :D
(it was white when I bought it)

EDIT: I spoke to a guy today who said he bought his 6L white Maraketh for 4ex. So either he got scammed or I stole mine :) Do I flip it, lol?

Depends on when you buy the 6-link. I paid 3ex for a white 6-link Maraketh early in the league when other white 6-links were going for 1ex. So I could see 4ex if you were in a hurry to get a 6-link and no other cheaper Marakeths were for sale.

Still, 65c seems like a bargain, even this late into the league - I haven't checked prices though so I could be wrong.
Well, I was able to roll a single +2 bow gems stat on it almost instantaneously so I'm gonna fork around with a blue +2 bow gems bow for now, until I gather the exes to craft a +3 DoT one.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Hi everyone, first time posting and following an mf build!

I have a couple of questions, and forgive me if they've been answered before! (wish there was a ctrl-f feature for searching within these 400+ pages!)

My goal is to complete the 40/40, and I plan on doing so with your build, and my question was for the 1200 voll runs, making it as profitable as possible, should we be stacking as much iiq and iir as we can ? I'm not too concerned about speed. I saw in your Auriseize faq answer on Reddit talking about bosses, since there's no multiplier for open world locations and boss farming that stacking iir and iqq would be efficient? Just wanted to check with you guys about it!

Here's my current gear
Spoiler

I vaaled my empower back to 1 unfortunately. i just bought this bow and i am trying to link it! for my setup until i am able to buy level 3 empower, would you reccomend carrow-rd-vm-ce-incAoE-IIR until i can replace the incAOE with empower?
Spoiler

thank you so much again for this amazingly fun build and the awesome support you and everyone is giving to all these questions!
Last edited by AYYYBIGBOOOOTTYY on Jun 30, 2016, 12:35:58 PM
"
Hi everyone, first time posting and following an mf build!

I have a couple of questions, and forgive me if they've been answered before! (wish there was a ctrl-f feature for searching within these 400+ pages!)

My goal is to complete the 40/40, and I plan on doing so with your build, and my question was for the 1200 voll runs, making it as profitable as possible, should we be stacking as much iiq and iir as we can ? I'm not too concerned about speed. I saw in your Auriseize faq answer on Reddit talking about bosses, since there's no multiplier for open world locations and boss farming that stacking iir and iqq would be efficient? Just wanted to check with you guys about it!

Here's my current gear
Spoiler

I vaaled my empower back to 1 unfortunately. i just bought this bow and i am trying to link it! for my setup until i am able to buy level 3 empower, would you reccomend carrow-rd-vm-ce-incAoE-IIR until i can replace the incAOE with empower?
Spoiler

thank you so much again for this amazingly fun build and the awesome support you and everyone is giving to all these questions!

Hello AYY, and welcome to the thread.

The theory behind magic find is basically that you want to maximize the product of IIQ * IIR. Let's call this product Q.

Now, if a map or other area has magic find attributes as well, then the map/area IIQ * IIR comes into play as well. Let's call the map/area IIQ * IIR, M.

The total magic find is T = Q * R

You want that to be as high as possible.

But note, to maximize T for a given area/map where R is fixed, it doesn't matter what that R is if you're trying to maximize T.

In other words, to maximize your magic find, maxmize Q, the product of your IIR and IIQ. R, the map/area IIQ/IIR doesn't affect this.

This is not to say that if you have a choice between two maps, one with high IIQ and IIR and another with low IIQ and IIR that the high magic find map is the same as the low magic find map.

Instead, what this says is that you'll have higher magic find with higher Q (the product of your IIQ and IIR) in either map.
===============
TL/DR

Maximize the product of your IIQ and IIR to maximize magic find. Do this regardless of the map's IIQ and IIR.

===============
Caveats:
1. IIQ is somewhat better than the Q = IIQ * IIR formula suggests because IIQ applies to currency and card drops which is not reflected in the formula for Q.
2. Your IIQ and your IIR are subject to diminishing returns. At very high IIQ and IIR (you're unlikely to get into this situation without access to legacy gear) it becomes worth less and less to get further IIQ and IIR on your gear.

===============
With regard to speed - even with stacked IIQ and IIR your kill speed won't suffer if you're just killing Voll assuming you have decent gear. I would strongly recommend against using Greed's Embrace - that movement speed penalty will be just awful especially given the amount of times you need to kill Voll. Other than that you should be able to go hog wild on magic find.

Personally though, I'd stack movement speed if I were trying to do the 1200 Voll kills. Run past all mobs killing only to refresh quicksilver flasks. I'd probably be using 3 quicksilvers for this.

Devoto's Devotion wuold definately be an item I'd want to equip. If you really want you could switch helms for more magic find once you reach the boss - I probably wouldn't bother though - I'd be worried that I'd accidently vendor my Devoto's or my MF helm by mistake.

I'd also strongly favor IIQ over IIR (so long as IIQ * IIR doesn't get too low) while doing this to increase the chance that The Brittle Emperor will drop.

Last edited by hankinsohl on Jun 30, 2016, 3:12:05 PM
I'm wondering if a drillneck with adds an additional arrow would be any good for this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info