[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

As Serleth says, not really. Technically, you could run CoH - Vuln - Frenzy - GMP - Fork - Chain, however, our pierce is so high you rarely get to see the fork or chain effect go off. And I'd rather have the extra two slots for utils like clarity or grace.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
As Serleth says, not really. Technically, you could run CoH - Vuln - Frenzy - GMP - Fork - Chain, however, our pierce is so high you rarely get to see the fork or chain effect go off. And I'd rather have the extra two slots for utils like clarity or grace.

I think i just cracked the code.

20% chance to flee is 1 chaos right now in prophecy. it gets up to 70% or something absurd. it's actually a good tool for being defensive. It was either that or a shitty 10% chance to blind. I reccomend.

Also I found this. I don't think it's thaaaat hard to get a ventor's that's better than an andvarius right now. Paid 1.5ex, which I got through chaos farming for a day.

IGN: Respectre

Right, but early league, that roll is more like 6-8ex.

This guide is about getting off the ground with good MF quickly.

Any adjustments you make after that, cool.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:
Right, but early league, that roll is more like 6-8ex.

This guide is about getting off the ground with good MF quickly.

Any adjustments you make after that, cool.

gotcha. What do you think about using an Enhance gem in the frenzy 5L to boost a 20% quality curse on hit further? it seems like it would be a 2-3% addition to the 33% more area damage, making it pretty good as a total multiplier. Plus you get a bunch of attack speed.

Cant think of any other gem that would work better

Hmm. Good point.

Just not sure it's worth the second 6L unless you really want to min-max the build.
"
Serleth wrote:
Hmm. Good point.

Just not sure it's worth the second 6L unless you really want to min-max the build.

I was thinking in place of the lmp, so gmp frenzy coh vuln.

doing it now and I like it.

Ah yeah.

I guess it's a matter of preference, for the purposes of barrel breaking and MFing low- to mid-tier maps, you're probably not even going to notice the damage difference, so my personal preference is to have greater coverage with GMP/LMP for curse application & barrels.

I think if we were more concerned with pushing T12+, yeah, Enhance would be the choice.

EDIT: I've decided to include the option in the guide's OP. =)
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 29, 2016, 2:16:00 AM
Fuse watch:

Still roughly 2:1

You can buy about 150 fuse for an exalt.

As expected, fuses are much more expensive this league likely due to the 5-link prophecy. Several months remain in the league and this could change. We'll see.
It's more about Exalts becoming worthless this league. Exalt prices on Hardcore Prophecy are dropping to almost 15c:1ex. Which is crazy and unheard of. It dropped from 30:1 to 15:1 in less than a month. Nobody is willing to trade in exalts and all prices from fus:c or alt:c are sky rocketing due to increased chaos demand.

Edit: From a MF perspective, is it worth doing the regal recipes? Do higher tier maps drop better stuff for magic finding, or is it not worth finding Chaos sellers to sell your regals? I was going to run T6's but I'm not sure if it's worth.

Also. I was wondering for 6L shadow. Should Empower level 3 replace the pierce gem? Wouldn't it be worth to replace some other gem to keep 100% pierce for your drillneck, or should I just switch out to a good rolled rare quiver once I hit empower 3/4?
Last edited by OIdcheese on Jun 29, 2016, 9:03:54 AM
"
OIdcheese wrote:
It's more about Exalts becoming worthless this league. Exalt prices on Hardcore Prophecy are dropping to almost 15c:1ex. Which is crazy and unheard of. It dropped from 30:1 to 15:1 in less than a month. Nobody is willing to trade in exalts and all prices from fus:c or alt:c are sky rocketing due to increased chaos demand.

Edit: From a MF perspective, is it worth doing the regal recipes? Do higher tier maps drop better stuff for magic finding, or is it not worth finding Chaos sellers to sell your regals? I was going to run T6's but I'm not sure if it's worth.

Also. I was wondering for 6L shadow. Should Empower level 3 replace the pierce gem? Wouldn't it be worth to replace some other gem to keep 100% pierce for your drillneck, or should I just switch out to a good rolled rare quiver once I hit empower 3/4?

Even operating at 50-60% pierce chance, Drillneck is still worth it.

I've done the math on it, Empower 3 still trumps the Pierce gem.

The 100% pierce is QoL more than it is a matter of damage. The discretion is sort of up to you, as the damage difference between 20/20 Pierce vs 20/20 RD/VM is minimal (500 dps). It's a matter of what you prefer, the damage, or the Pierce QoL.

That said, to be clear, if you're taking the right-side path of Piercing Shots to get to 60% Pierce chance, that's when VM/RD is better. If you're taking the left side (50% pierce), the Pierce gem is slightly better. Believe it or not, the additional 10% Pierce chance is the make-or-break difference in what gem is better.

The assumption of this guide is that you path to the right, thus making VM/RD better in terms of damage output.

In short, keep Drillneck, run Empower 3 over Pierce no matter what, use Pierce instead of VM or RD if you path left in Piercing Shots, use VM/RD if you path right, unless you want the QoL of additional Pierce chance (which is totally reasonable to have).

As to your first question, regals are about equivalent with chaos, so there's no real need to care about which recipe you do unless you yourself want regals to craft something.

Also, what the FUCK regarding exalts in HC. That's crazy.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 29, 2016, 2:22:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info