[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

A corrupted lvl 3 empower goes for <30 chaos, I'd go for that to be honest, the price difference to get empower 4 isn't worth spending all your money, you're better off getting better offpieces, lvl 26 or 27 caustic arrow doesn't make that big a difference. It's significant don't get me wrong but it's really not gonna slow you down at all overall.
"
Microchaton wrote:
A corrupted lvl 3 empower goes for <30 chaos, I'd go for that to be honest, the price difference to get empower 4 isn't worth spending all your money, you're better off getting better offpieces, lvl 26 or 27 caustic arrow doesn't make that big a difference. It's significant don't get me wrong but it's really not gonna slow you down at all overall.
Level 4 empower is the last thing I buy. With the possible exception of crazy high end rare helmet / gloves / amulet / belt that are silly prices and only slightly better than my current end-game gear.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
OIdcheese wrote:
Hey Serleth. Excuse me for asking, But what would I 6 link for a shadow HC build? is it worth it just dropping the inc AOE for another damage gem or should I just take the hit to DPS?

Also how would I go along with using Drillneck for my 6L? Should I drop one of the gems for a pierce gem?

The first, is your call. I personally wouldn't do it until +1 Arrow Drillneck, but if you're comfortable with the smaller AoE then go for it. I'd rather play it safe and clear more of a pack with one shot than risk getting hit by needing to stand and fire consecutive arrows.

As for the second, you're getting 50-60% off the tree + Drillneck for Pierce chance, assuming an uncorrupted Drillneck.

I won't bore you with the math, but because the Pierce gem will cover off the remaining 40-50% of that missing increased damage, it's actually better to use Pierce than it is one of either VM or RD if you're running the build from Shadow.

So your 6L will be (assuming you prefer AoE):

CA - AoE - Conc - Void - Pierce (until Empower 3) - IIR.

Otherwise, if you prefer the extra dps, then it's the same as it is with Scion (CA - Conc - Void - Rapid - Pierce (until Empower 3) - IIR.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Microchaton wrote:
A corrupted lvl 3 empower goes for <30 chaos

Good call on Level 3 Empower - I didn't realize that they were this cheap. For <30c you get (roughly) 10% more DPS - marginally worthwhile IMO for farming and totally worthwhile if you're running high level content.
20q/372r

Bow was awful to roll, I wasted 2 exalts on dex and stun duration before the +gems rolled then blew an exalt getting reduced attributes!

Got a very lucky exalt for +16 all res on the amulet.

Can squeeze a bit more out of an andy and I'd love to corrupt the boots to +1 frenzy but other than that not many upgrades other than better life I guess. Obviously some decent enchants would be nice.

What could I do with a 6 link chest? Any ideas?

Spoiler
Last edited by Koreapsu on Jun 28, 2016, 12:11:26 AM
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
Microchaton wrote:
A corrupted lvl 3 empower goes for <30 chaos

Good call on Level 3 Empower - I didn't realize that they were this cheap. For <30c you get (roughly) 10% more DPS - marginally worthwhile IMO for farming and totally worthwhile if you're running high level content.

I kinda forgot to mention in my reply about this when I was talking about going for a clean empower 3: it's only for if you feel like rolling the dice for a self-made Empower 4 to save a bit of coin. Obviously if it misses, you're out an exalt but *shrug* if it hits, you save 6-7ish? I haven't checked the prices since they were 9ex for an Empower 4.

@Koreapsu:

There's is no reason to get a 6L chest with this build.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 28, 2016, 12:41:59 AM
"
Serleth wrote:

@Koreapsu:

There's is no reason to get a 6L chest with this build.

Figured as much, couldn't think of a thing to put in it.

Cheers for the build, this is my second time doing it - lots of fun.
Glad you're enjoying it =)
"
Koreapsu wrote:

Spoiler
A 6L Carcass jack? Sell it, buy a 5 + 1, and pocket 10ex would be my choice.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Koreapsu wrote:

Spoiler
A 6L Carcass jack? Sell it, buy a 5 + 1, and pocket 10ex would be my choice.

I don't have a 6l CJ. I actually use a 5+1 too. Just wondered if there was anything worth supporting with a 6l.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info