[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

I'm levelling 80 on my Ranger and been playing on a Obliterator build that only cost me a few chaos since 56 and now ready to tweak out a proper build to go into the endgame with and I can easily use refunds to get into this Caustic Arrow build but just wondering is the trade off for not playing this as a Scion really that bad? I know we loose out on the -15% chaos res of enemies and the 20% bonus damage after killing a cursed enemy. The bonuses we will get as a Deadeye over Scion are 15% attack speed, 20% AoE, 70% projectile damage and with the final 2 uber Ascendancy points probably take Powerful Precision which will almost guarantee full pierce.

Anyone been playing as a Ranger this league and can give me some insight, Thanks
Last edited by Thronar on Jul 5, 2016, 3:23:46 PM
@ChronoExile
Spoiler

Another thing you might do with your bow is to use Haku's "Prefixes cannot change" to remove existing suffixes on the bow. Then you can multi-mod for 2 resists along with Leo's damage over time.
@Thronar
See Serleth's reply to a similar question here.

I don't know how fast you level - but if it were me, I'd just roll a Scion. Getting to 80 is fast especially if it's your 2nd character in a league and you can turbo-charge the leveling process with nice leveling gear.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Jul 5, 2016, 4:00:21 PM
@hankinsohl

I had thought about that when I was getting my first end game bow together. Linking the second one lets me switch back and forth between the resists or the 'on kill' quality of life... I also have a ilvl 84 Maraketh, and that will be my next currency project...
I got a free Uber Lab service from a guy running a crazy Pledge of Hands + Kaoms Heart Berserker Blade Vortex build. I managed not to die to traps and got my sweet 7th and 8th Ascendancy point.

The guy soloed all Izaro phases, including the final one, in a 6-man party. Final Izaro took him like 10 seconds and his health didn't really drop during the fight... crazy. He's still running that service, btw. if someone is interested.

EDIT: By free I mean you need to bring your own Offering.
That's the service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1678903
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Last edited by Jadran on Jul 6, 2016, 6:20:00 AM
"
Jadran wrote:

The guy soloed all Izaro phases, including the final one, in a 6-man party. Final Izaro took him like 10 seconds and his health didn't really drop during the fight... crazy. He's still running that service, btw. if someone is interested.

a bit offtopic, but still interesting if you want to know about lab mechanics:
Spoiler

as long as the party waits outside the last "Aspirant's trial" area completely, this is just a 1 player fight with the boss at 1 player HP. By waiting outside, I mean the party remains in the lab, don't enter the zone with your chest and the swing-door to the fight.

technically, the whole pary could enter plaza, enter the first lab room and the guy could kill the boss three times while all party is in room 1 still. As long as they survive the traps they could just walk through and get the points.

I ran free service too, the only thing that is remotely difficult is to 'make' your party survive between fights, so I always ran with them, killed the new traps and whatnot.

but ofcourse, free service is nice and all and congrats to your points :)
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Hi guys
I have some questions:

1) I want to kill vaal bosses. where is the best area for farming corrupted area?
2) How to finish "cleanse an area of prophesied vermin" phropecy?
Edit 3) How make prophecy chain? One by one e.g The Plaguemaw I, II, ... or I can first finish III, IV, I, ... And how to check status for prophecy chain, which finish?
Last edited by Slimak1980 on Jul 7, 2016, 6:00:32 AM
"
Slimak1980 wrote:
Hi guys
I have some questions:

1) I want to kill vaal bosses. where is the best area for farming corrupted area?
Edit 3) How make prophecy chain? One by one e.g The Plaguemaw I, II, ... or I can first finish III, IV, I, ... And how to check status for prophecy chain, which finish?

--> 1): I do not know. With my limited knowledge I can't tell if the side areas are more or less common in any one particular area. Someone else will probably answer that better.

--> 2): Kill all the frogs / rats in that particular area. Maybe they are easier to spot if you enable the option to display the monster's life-bar.

--> 3): The prophesies of one chain appear one after another in ascending order. You need to complete plaguemaw 1 to get to see plaguemore 2, etc.
Last edited by Donnerdrummel on Jul 7, 2016, 7:03:27 AM
"
Slimak1980 wrote:
Hi guys
I have some questions:

To answer #1), frame-time farming is no longer a thing. There's no longer any sure-fire way to get vaal areas from regular content zones.

Your best bet is to run frags, either through buying them, or corrupting twinned museum/arena maps to generate your own.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Chronodroid wrote:
"
Jadran wrote:

a bit offtopic, but still interesting if you want to know about lab mechanics:
Spoiler

as long as the party waits outside the last "Aspirant's trial" area completely, this is just a 1 player fight with the boss at 1 player HP. By waiting outside, I mean the party remains in the lab, don't enter the zone with your chest and the swing-door to the fight.

technically, the whole pary could enter plaza, enter the first lab room and the guy could kill the boss three times while all party is in room 1 still. As long as they survive the traps they could just walk through and get the points.

I ran free service too, the only thing that is remotely difficult is to 'make' your party survive between fights, so I always ran with them, killed the new traps and whatnot.

but ofcourse, free service is nice and all and congrats to your points :)

Interesting, I didn't know that. He didn't ask us to wait outside the Aspirant's trial, we were inside it, by the stash. He only said that we shouldn't enter lest we get 1-shot :)

Yup, surviving the traps is the tricky part, we lost one man to a combination of spikes and the whirling sentries thingies.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info