[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Serleth wrote:

Check your character sheet, under "charges."

cool thx, this is what I was looking for.
"
wraeyth wrote:
Regarding the multi-modding; I think you missed where I said my res are all capped. In this situation, any recommendatoins?

Ah yeah, sorry, I did miss that.

Attack and proj speed are about it. You can't get MGoK/LGoK mastercrafted on bows, which is about all else that'd be useful.

Honestly I'd still go with resistances to help with ele weakness maps, unless you're also that overcapped. Then go with ias, ips.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Dec 23, 2015, 3:05:40 PM
"
Serleth wrote:
AoE is a requirement.

Guess I'll have to try it. To avoid re-chroming in the short term (chrom calc is saying ~350 avg attempts for RGGBBB!!?) how much of a damage difference is it to just drop Conc and add AOE?

I can never get the PA/CA calculators to work otherwise I'd figure it out myself ~_~
"
SpidaFly wrote:
"
Serleth wrote:
AoE is a requirement.

Guess I'll have to try it. To avoid re-chroming in the short term (chrom calc is saying ~350 avg attempts for RGGBBB!!?) how much of a damage difference is it to just drop Conc and add AOE?

I can never get the PA/CA calculators to work otherwise I'd figure it out myself ~_~

Ah.

If your choice is between AoE and Conc, you use Conc Effect. The damage difference is just way too much.

In a finished build with level 21 PA and Empower 3, Drillneck, and 7 Frenzy charges, and finished jewels etc.

Your dps with Conc (no AoE) is about 24.4k. This doesn't include Wither stacks or Vulnerability.

Same situation without Conc Effect - 15k.

So, a 9k dps difference. Before Vulnerability, before Wither stacks.

Taking 8 wither stacks + Vuln into account, no conc = 28.8k, Conc = 46.6k (nearly 20k dps).

"
Serleth wrote:
"
wraeyth wrote:
Regarding the multi-modding; I think you missed where I said my res are all capped. In this situation, any recommendatoins?

Ah yeah, sorry, I did miss that.

Attack and proj speed are about it. You can't get MGoK/LGoK mastercrafted on bows, which is about all else that'd be useful.

Honestly I'd still go with resistances to help with ele weakness maps, unless you're also that overcapped. Then go with ias, ips.

Good points. I am not overcapped (just barely capped) so ele res will be best.
hmm, i made some quick calculations, and with perfect belt and one more allres gem i think ill be able to put up Kaom Heart.
really tempting.
strength req is a nut to crack though
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Dec 23, 2015, 3:35:44 PM
"
Serleth wrote:
In a finished build with level 21 PA and Empower 3, Drillneck, and 7 Frenzy charges, and finished jewels etc.

Your dps with Conc (no AoE) is about 24.4k. This doesn't include Wither stacks or Vulnerability.

Same situation without Conc Effect - 15k.

So, a 9k dps difference. Before Vulnerability, before Wither stacks.

Gotcha. With those numbers, perhaps I had the CA calculator working properly after all.

Just to clarify the situation to my tired brain though:
- These numbers are "real" dps, NOT tooltip dps, right?
- "Finished" jewels implies each jewel has 2x or better damage stats from the pool of proj dmg/chaos dmg/area/DoT, right?

Vmoddin CA calcuator is showing me at about 22.7k dps without vuln/wither, I wish I could find the be-all-end-all helm with int/life/iir/res so I could max out my Conc Effect. I'm capped at 14 right now.

Thanks for the help!
"
SpidaFly wrote:
Just to clarify the situation to my tired brain though:
- These numbers are "real" dps, NOT tooltip dps, right?
- "Finished" jewels implies each jewel has 2x or better damage stats from the pool of proj dmg/chaos dmg/area/DoT, right?

Thanks for the help!

* Correct
* No, it implies Poacher's Aim, 2/6 of the remaining jewels with dual damage + life/res, 4/6 of the jewels with life, res and one damage roll for a net total (including Poacher's Aim + Drillneck interaction) of 10 individual damage rolls on 7 jewels.
"
Serleth wrote:

* No, it implies Poacher's Aim, 2/6 of the remaining jewels with dual damage + life/res, 4/6 of the jewels with life, res and one damage roll for a net total (including Poacher's Aim + Drillneck interaction) of 10 individual damage rolls on 7 jewels.

Oh, right, Poacher's Aim, I forgot. (WTB cure for insomnia, paying Mirror)

Yeah right now I'm running a poorish man setup... mostly damage jewels, just 6 of them... Poacher's Aim + 5 damage jewels, but I do have a total of 10 damage rolls. So there's plenty of work to do on the survivability front.
Hey all, hope you're all enjoying your holiday.

I had a question regarding the pierce cluster on the tree. Is there a reason why you go for the 5% pierce / 5% projdmg instead of the 10% projectile damage route? Shouldn't these be equivalent in damage? Or is it scaled differently? It feels like just grabbing the 30% notable faster would be better if they're the same, so I figured there was some scaling I didn't understand.

Also, regarding body armours: is Belly a decent option as well? I feel a little on the low side for life and was wondering how it stacked up compared to Carcass Jack.
Last edited by Shearscape on Dec 24, 2015, 12:26:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info