[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

Any reason to go to "Growth and Decay" in the 2.1 skill tree rather than "Method to the Madness"? They have the same skill point investments, but MtoM is slightly better damage than GaD, including the initial hit, and has a bit of +chaos res. Is it the nearby jewel node for the GaD path (and the somewhat useful +int nodes)?
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
"
ShaUrley wrote:
Is it the nearby jewel node for the GaD path (and the somewhat useful +int nodes)?

Exactly.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
For those pursuing the Talisman challenges, there's some interesting discussion/speculation here about the divination cards that will shortly be introduced into the game, including the new 10-set Prosperity Card.

It looks like the divination card-set challenge just became easier - though how much easier is anyone's guess at this point.
This really has nothing to do with MFing, but

Fuck yeah.
"
Serleth wrote:
This really has nothing to do with MFing, but

Fuck yeah.

Grats!

That'll put you a bit closer to getting your 6-link assuming you haven't gotten one yet.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Dec 25, 2015, 5:00:30 AM
Thanks!

Nope, don't have it yet.

Undecided how I want to go about spending the 2ex once it sells. Could push for the 6L (fuses? buy a white, craft it? Really indecisive this league after getting burned 3800 fuses in Warbands).

I also got a Catalyst while farming sets today so I'm thinking of investing in a Carcass Jack (which I'd use anyway for the CA build) and roll it into an RF totemer.

Decisions, decisions.
That RF totem build looks interesting.

But the totem cast range is really short. And unlike projectile totems or totems with large AOE, this means you'll be pretty close to the mobs you're fighting, much closer than say with a flame totem.

The close-combat issue makes me hesitant - for my second toon I'll probably revive my Essence Drain character which I put on hold after having a terrible leveling experience and not yet knowing how strong the skill would be end-game.
It has two distinct advantages to compensate for the range issue though.

The first is when you're just clearing maps, you don't need conc effect. You can run AoE and actually get a pretty significant radius which means you can actually place one totem in front of yourself protectively, then the second totem in front to deal damage, and leapfrog them forward. This basically means you only get hit if you fuck up, or from ranged attacks.

The second ties into the first: unlike every projectile-based totem, RF doesn't require time to select a target and then begin doing damage. Therefore, you also don't have to worry about the totem targeting the wrong target and having to re-place it in order to defend yourself appropriately. The targeting is done entirely by player-skill and not hoping the AI kinda does what you want it to.

Also, because you won't need conc effect for clearing maps, the AoE's pretty fricken huge and just murders shit.

Sample video demonstrating the above concepts in a Necropolis map (Twinned) by Milky.
dat clear speed lol
so bad
pretty safe tho, but i prefer shockwave crit
No rest for the wicked
Does anyone know if GGG has made any statement regarding IIQ and divination card drop rates?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info