[outdated] Caustic Arrow Solo Map MFer (20/300+)

"
Chrom wrote:
"
Gosen wrote:

4% more damage per frenzy, definitely worth it.

Where is that 4% from?

Having Frenzy Charges grants your character 4% increased attack speed, 4% increased cast speed and 4% MORE damage.
This build uses the Frenzy skill to generate frenzy charges which increase the poison cloud's damage by 4% for each charge.
"
wraeyth wrote:
How much of a difference is AoE going to make, vs Rapid Decay? I already spent a shitload of chromes (went for wrong colouring, idiot!).

If it's substantial, I'll obviously fix it.

aoe makes huge impact on clear speed. unless you have carcass and 20q ca, and +1 drillneck ontop it's a must.
things will change when ascendancy comes live ofc
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Dec 23, 2015, 12:02:12 PM
double
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Dec 23, 2015, 12:01:10 PM
"
mezmery wrote:
"
wraeyth wrote:
How much of a difference is AoE going to make, vs Rapid Decay? I already spent a shitload of chromes (went for wrong colouring, idiot!).

aoe makes huge impact on clear speed. unless you have carcass and 20q ca, and +1 drillneck ontop it's a must.
things will change when ascendancy comes live ofc

Hmm, sounds like I'll be changing. I have Carcass, and will have 20% CA soon but no +1 drillneck.

Thanks.

Next question;

If I'm going the route of multimoding my 6L Maraketh, what mods should I be looking for? I should/may be able to make do without needing any resists.

Obviously Leo, but what about the two free suffixes?
"
wraeyth wrote:

If I'm going the route of multimoding my 6L Maraketh, what mods should I be looking for? I should/may be able to make do without needing any resists.

how it came you dont need res with adv and carcass?
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Dec 23, 2015, 12:23:13 PM
I dunno about running Inc AOE. I'm running CA - lvl 3 empower - IIR - rapid decay - void manipulation - conc. The damage is already pretty painful, even with a wither spell totem... i can't imagine losing RD or VM on top of that.

With 7 frenzy stacks I just shoot all over the place. :P
Last edited by SpidaFly on Dec 23, 2015, 12:40:20 PM
Hi Sereleth

Could You show Your actual tree and Gear?

Best Regards
Last edited by Slimak1980 on Dec 23, 2015, 1:11:28 PM
"
mezmery wrote:
"
wraeyth wrote:

how it came you dont need res with adv and carcass?

10% all res on almost every gem, 14% on talisman, res on belt/helm/gloves.
"
jokergod13 wrote:
yo why level 1 frenzy? did i miss the explanation besides it being barrel breaker?

There's no reason. What you should do is level it to 20, 20% it, level it again, sell it for profit.

"
I really don't understand the use of frenzy charges, is there some passive, gear or other skill I'm missing?
The frenzy skill gem increases the following; neither which have any affect on the poison cloud.
5% increased Physical Damage per Frenzy Charge

Incorrect. It's "more damage" per charge, no limitation to attack damage. And the values are 4%.

"
So whats the new gem setup for caustic? No void and rapid?

Void Manipulation, but no Rapid Decay. Can't afford to drop AoE. Unless you're willing to sacrifice something else on the tree, roll Scion, and spend four points to grab 15% AoE. Then you can get away with it.

Also I've heard tell a +1 Drillneck solves this issue, but I'm trying to keep the guide less expensive.

"
Where is that 4% from?

Check your character sheet, under "charges."

"

It's huge, in terms of raw pack clear speed. The sacrifice is that your boss damage is less, but that's what Vaal Lit Trap and Wither Totem are for.

Without a +1 arrow Drillneck (or until Ascendency, when we can pick up +1 arrow from the Deadeye class), AoE is a requirement. Even with Carcass Jack equipped I wouldn't recommend dropping AoE UNLESS (as above), you sacrifice something off the tree, roll Scion, and invest four points in 15% AoE.

"

Resistances.

"

Finished build is up on the OP. The level 95 tree you see in the guide is the one my Standard character is using.

The gear page is missing some changes I made to jewels, but that's it.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:
"
jokergod13 wrote:
yo why level 1 frenzy? did i miss the explanation besides it being barrel breaker?

There's no reason. What you should do is level it to 20, 20% it, level it again, sell it for profit.

"
I really don't understand the use of frenzy charges, is there some passive, gear or other skill I'm missing?
The frenzy skill gem increases the following; neither which have any affect on the poison cloud.
5% increased Physical Damage per Frenzy Charge

Incorrect. It's "more damage" per charge, no limitation to attack damage. And the values are 4%.

"
So whats the new gem setup for caustic? No void and rapid?

Void Manipulation, but no Rapid Decay. Can't afford to drop AoE. Unless you're willing to sacrifice something else on the tree, roll Scion, and spend four points to grab 15% AoE. Then you can get away with it.

Also I've heard tell a +1 Drillneck solves this issue, but I'm trying to keep the guide less expensive.

"
Where is that 4% from?

Check your character sheet, under "charges."

"

It's huge, in terms of raw pack clear speed. The sacrifice is that your boss damage is less, but that's what Vaal Lit Trap and Wither Totem are for.

Without a +1 arrow Drillneck (or until Ascendency, when we can pick up +1 arrow from the Deadeye class), AoE is a requirement. Even with Carcass Jack equipped I wouldn't recommend dropping AoE UNLESS (as above), you sacrifice something off the tree, roll Scion, and invest four points in 15% AoE.

"

Resistances.

"

Finished build is up on the OP. The level 95 tree you see in the guide is the one my Standard character is using.

The gear page is missing some changes I made to jewels, but that's it.

Thanks for the response re Rapid Decay. Going to re-chrome.

Regarding the multi-modding; I think you missed where I said my res are all capped. In this situation, any recommendatoins?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info