One-Week Cut-Throat (IV008)

Should be a chance on dropping a random piece of gear... not 100% chance on dropping everything!
Also should be level safe, i mean, someone 5 levels higher could kill lower ppl but 0 chance on dropping, or near 0.

Idea was good but poorly devoted

Im out of it as well...
START BE BULLSHIT. IF COME LVL 6+ OR 2 LVL 4+ ON 1 ITS NOT FUNN ITS BULLSHIT. IF come 1 in 1 hour or 20 min ok ... but some asses wait and kill 2-3 times on map and take all loot all shit from ppl.... fun 1st day them pissonly me off ... if drop always all items newer can take good items to lvl up and try survive and be some idiot and atak only 5-9 lvls down me .... no funn im not PVP funn i stay out. i think can be nice change to normal POE but this .... be a bit big fail from ppls who try about this stile.
I'm going to make some suggestions for cutthroat. But first, POE is not a PvP game. PvP is an extra to give people some variety and choices, but should not be the focus of game development. I understand people are frustrated with it, but it needs to be kept in perspective. This is only a voluntary side event.

However if GGG is going to run cutthroat, it should be done right. What happened was completely predictable by people who ran last year's cutthroat races. I know a lot of racers last year were suggesting level restriction, but level restrictions are not nearly enough. It's not about level, it's about gear.

Going SC helped. But I think all that does is extend people's patience. Dying in HC and completely starting over demotivates people a lot faster. SC only delays it a little. SC does make it easier to comeback, but how many times are people willing to try?

Players who start at the very beginning run it like a race and rush it. Get to higher zones FAST, and get better gear and quest gems. Anyone who doesn't make that initial rush is at a big disadvantage.

If you lose a PvP fight, you lose your best gear. Then you use whatever little backup gear you have. After your 2nd or third loss, you are down to crap gear and it becomes extremely difficult to come back. At that point comebacks are largely about luck. At higher levels players might collect lots of backup gear. But starting out, 2-3 losses are pretty devastating.

It's like getting up in the morning with somewhere important to go, then realizing you don't have any clean underwear.

I also think that in some cases the higher-level players PKing in lower zones were essentially forced to. They lost gear and couldn't continue in a high zone, so had to go back to lower zones to gear up. Once you lose your gear you might not have much choice. This is where tight level restrictions would come in handy. It would allow for players who lost gear to progress at a slower rate, but not gank low-level players.

Several others have mentioned traps and waypoints. I'll just add this. I got killed next to a WP. Instead of resurrecting I stayed and watched the action. I must have watched at least 20 deaths. The majority died before taking more than a couple of steps. Quite a few literally died before they took a single step. Showing up and dropping loot was simultaneous.

***There is no grace period with traps.***
They trigger immediately when someone enters. The grace period should work for traps. That by itself would greatly improve things.

---------
I'd suggest some variation of the following:

1) Grace period works for traps.

2) Grace period continues after moving, but ticks faster, allowing maybe 5-10 seconds of movement.

3) This type of event can't really have ranking and seeds, but it can be partly faked. Create diminishing returns on PKs. For every PK in a zone, decrease the experience the winner gets. The first 3 kills in a zone would give full experience. After that the experience decreases by 5% per PK. Of course it could be scaled at higher levels.

The above is intended for the winner, but maybe apply it to the loser also? Each time they die in a zone the penalty decreases by 5%?

4) When the experience gets to zero, the PK doesn't get dropped loot either. If they continue, the instance selection will show the instance in a different color and say "pussy in zone". It could be a mini game. It's announced in public: "Pussy in zone XYZ. There is a 1C bounty to whoever kills them." Every time the pussy changes zone, a new announcement is made: "Pussy is now in zone ABCD, bounty is now 2C." (This could potentially backfire since some people like being the bait with a bunch of PKKs chasing them, but it would still force them to leave the lower zone)

5) The Coast in normal should be a PvP free zone. I could even see this extended, with The Ledge being the first PK zone. (With Tidal Island being an exception)
The only other thing I have to add to my suggestions list would be to give each character a Cast on Death skill gem along with their initial skill gem drop. That could create some interesting outcomes :)
"
The only other thing I have to add to my suggestions list would be to give each character a Cast on Death skill gem along with their initial skill gem drop. That could create some interesting outcomes :)

That is fun and i like it! Maybe rather as a quest reward? :)

But yea as ggg is in charge with all that.
Removing all your gear on death just sux. Just think about it, you are not able to use your skills. Please consider something else next time. I am out sorry thumbs down. :(
ITS GGG give shit for play ( not see other league or race) and now total ignore ...
Everything commented in here was all predictable. Don't come and complain cutthroat is boring after one hour, that's what's expected. Still many people cried about a league. Now we get one and all we see is crying. Crying about boredom, lame tactics, things that are INHERENT to pvp and cutthroat, seriously. If you expect hours of fun out of this you're just naive.
I played slowly and carefully about 5 hours I guess? In normal races I progress much faster.

Always predicted hazardous situations with a TP, ran like mad through WP areas, was starting 2 instances and switching between them, skipping some mobs at start to hide my tracks. Almost always 2 quicksilver flasks. Not PVP-focus build, something hybrid.

So I died 0 times yet and scored like 10 kills, about 4 of them on underleveled chars which gave me 0 exp. If there is no reward maybe tweak invading level caps? Killing ppl this way is not funny at all, thats griefing.

I stopped my invades via WP at some moment. All WP's are camped with gangrape groups of min 2 players, and when you invade to duel somebody you realise that there is a party on your tail => run to closest entrance and TP to safety.

This is boring. At last there were 2 groups of people: who camped like mad in town, looking for prey through instances - and guys who just wanted to level and quest. You can't kill gankers - too weak for 1v2-3 and you can't kill those who level, they simply run away even being able to duel with you (I think they realise that shortly after duel start there will be gangrape team and no one will survive).

I started my hunt following players into zones without WP. There were some really nice kills as people were completely unaware. As I said earlier, GGG should consider switching WP invasions off.

/whois really helped in tracking and predicting whom I can kill and whom cannot. But it is cheating and should be disabled too, imho.

I have kinda mixed feelings. You can't mindlessly run forward, you must pay attention to game. I like it. But still, this is camping simulator, which is not cool.

26 lvl and gear so far (focused on life & cold resist since I always get coldsnapped from offscreen, some bans to zoomhackers are required):
Spoiler
Hateful post.
Last edited by Kaskar on Jun 11, 2015, 8:48:50 PM
The whole point of this is to kill other players. Why not force players to join instances with other players and not allow new ones to be made if there is a non-full instance available?

I went on twitch a few minutes ago to see some PvP action and what I saw was 2 channels playing CT and neither were PvPing, just questing as normal. Defeats the entire purpose.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info