One-Week Cut-Throat (IV008)

My stuff and tree is visible now again.
"
Hilbert wrote:
There is a level 6x ranger who obviously uses a 3rd party tool because once you are in 2 screen or so distance he will create a TP and TP out, which is impossible given the fact you sneak on with a QS.

If you talking about me, so only tool what i used to avoid you is same as you and other players used to always find me so fast in areas without WP, which is /whois.

Also, there is another way to notice when someone entered your instance, slightly stutter of game, if you watching screen very carefully, you notice it most of the time.
Thanks GGG for running this One-Week Cut-Throat as it was an absolute blast!

Back in 2012 when I was playing Diablo 3 a random friend I’d made in-game told me about a gritty PvP game called Path of Exile. I recall being intimidated yet interested after viewing the PoE website. Flash forward three years and PoE has changed. That old gritty hardcore survival vision has been eroded with coloured armour, fancy wings, permanent allocation and the continual klaxon call from care bears wanting things to be even easier. Thankfully we have Cut-throat! Do whatever you wish with the main game but at least hold somewhat true to your original PoE vision with Cut-throat.

I miss the older CT hardcore permadeath mode but it was only suited for short duration races. CT softcore mode was the right decision for a longer format event as it allows people to continue where they would otherwise quit as few have the stomach for re-rolling. Many in this thread have called for a less harsh penalty regarding item loss. I say stick with everything falling off your dead corpse. If you’ve been slaughtered in combat it seems silly to retain anything. At least you have the option to death zerg back to your corpse and people really need to learn to stash backups.

Implementing level restrictions on invading lower level player instances was an improvement and added to the longevity of the race. Arguably the brackets were too wide. It’d be nice if we were advised of these restrictions next time rather than having to guess or work out manually. Dropping Maps was a good idea too. Reason is if you’re grinding those out you aren’t really involving yourself in Cut-throat anymore you’re just playing PvE. The player population did thin out in Cruel and Merciless as people that had made it that far were able to evade. In this thread it was mentioned portal and timers should be removed – they are fine as they are. I just wish there was some way to prolong combat at higher levels as people just port out when they’re at risk. Solo, non-party play was a definite improvement versus the old gank squads. It didn’t eliminate them but at least they were only in duos or trios and not a party of six zoning in on you.

In the scheme of things programming new features for CT would be of a very low priority. Still, here are my suggestions:

- I’d be cool to see a /kill count. It could be implemented within a CT race season. People may cheese this so there could be a restriction that only lvl10+ kills count. Maybe on death a useless stackable ‘scalp’ item could drop.

- Trial a mode where player weapons do not drop on death. Players could also revive with Onslaught for immediate revenge with only a weapon in hand.

- Run a short no-Portal Scrolls CT event and gauge feedback.

I made a point of re-rolling in this event playing daily reaching levels 17, 25, 25 and 61. Most of the fun was had killing noobs in A1N. Also there were some crazy fights across instances in A2N. Cut-throat is such a unique blend of elements that PoE offers making it one of the best modes of play. GGG please run Cut-throat events regularly – more than just once a year. Regular CT with minor tweaks will help create the right rule set one day.

P.S. A heartfelt message to everyone I killed.

IGN: deefa • Guild: <ACE> Alpha Crucis Exiles - poeurl.com/wpA • Discord: deefa#3298
Last edited by SteveSkolo on Dec 6, 2020, 5:51:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info