One-Week Cut-Throat (IV008)

this league sux hard
did devs play it at all ?
gl with killing bosses when you have died and have no gear on you
160 deaths @ dominus, after 40min of hitthing head into wall, dominus had like 5% hp...
some1 entered my boss-fight kill him and took all gear [dominus drop and my]

i quit
The most fucked up event ever! Loads of Desync, and on top of that a LvL 15 guy can just join your lvl 3 instance WITH BUDDIES and just kill you.... like you gonna stand a chance.... GGG need to make a BETTER FUCKING EFFORT to keep things fair or they gonna loose supporters. OR NOT GAIN ANY!!!

I mean why the fuck should i support a game that is purposefully unbalanced and unfair?
Hi,

In my opinion you must change thoses things for the next 1 week cutthroat:

-level 1-30 => you can only join lvl +2/-2 players

-When you die you drop 1 or 2 random stuff piece (or/and only unique/rare ? maybe) but not all your stuff anyway (it was fun for 1 hour cutthroat) .

-The players should enter in a random instance. (There is no fun at all to be invade by someone who want to)
"
Rowsol wrote:
The whole point of this is to kill other players. Why not force players to join instances with other players and not allow new ones to be made if there is a non-full instance available?

I went on twitch a few minutes ago to see some PvP action and what I saw was 2 channels playing CT and neither were PvPing, just questing as normal. Defeats the entire purpose.

Nice point.

Can be a bit tough to kill a quest bosses though (Brutus, Merveil, Vaal, etc), since you can be late.
Hateful post.
"
Nathanita wrote:
Hi,

What "next" 1 week cutthroat? Like the PVP update, a minority asked for this. They got it. It isn't working. Time to move on.
The way I see it, the level difference should be 3-4 on normal and gradually increase through cruel/merc. Right now it's hard to progress with all the campers 10 lvl above, so most ppl gave up.

Also if ppl wouldn't pick all your gear and vendor it would be better for retaining population.

Right now A3M is really lonely with the top farming lunaris and getting even more lvls ahead. For now I gave up on hunting ppl, hoping more would progress to A3M and have some nice battles in the coming days.
"
Barivius wrote:
"
Nathanita wrote:
Hi,

What "next" 1 week cutthroat? Like the PVP update, a minority asked for this. They got it. It isn't working. Time to move on.

-Cut throat was the funniest race for a lot of players. I didn't care about the pvp update, and I will never creat a pvp character, but cutthroat league should be really nice ! Far better than achievements and cosmetics leagues where chats are spammed by "offer 10 chaos for dominus kill"
lvl seperation.. is to large.. got jumped as lvl 30 and was a practice dull for a lvl 39
also i think u shud only drop a certain % of ure gear so it wud be random what u keept or lost lets say 50%

and casters are way to powerfull low lvl idk how it is higher
IGN jauertemplar
Jauershadow
Of course the level differential to invade instances makes this league virtually unplayable for casuals in low levels, as many people have pointed out already. Also, the logistics of collaborating, even with your friends/guildies, are quite tedious. Either these facts or generally the ethos of the league has somehow led many players to behave just terribly. I've gotten more rage, unwarranted insults and saltiness in a couple hours playing this league than in 8 months of PvP, which is saying something. I enjoy spirited exchanges and poking fun and I guess the saltiness here is kind of intentional in the league, but this level detracts from the fun.

On the other hand, a large number of people just treated it as a race and there is little chance anyone around their level will even join their instance/catch up with them, which negates the purpose of the league.

Finally, any builds that rely on items for damage are entirely useless, maybe with the exception of puncture bow. This leads to a ridiculous abundance of casters and all the people who do well are almost exclusively cold snap/lightning tendrils/bear trap with some glacial cascade/freeze pulse peppered in for good measure -- in short, anything where the damage scales just by leveling gems. In other words, it's like all the most cookie cutter aspects of racing and LLD PvP combined, but without either race rewards or the ability to carefully itemize in PvP :/ So, aside from the one achievement, there's not much incentive to play.

Note added: oh, and as some people have claimed... it does seem like there are a few players who can immediately pinpoint your location even after you skip a bunch of mobs and chests just to mask your trail -- does seem awfully maphack-y.
Last edited by Emiliania on Jun 12, 2015, 7:01:34 PM
Well this was short lived and very irritating to say the least. I thought this might be fun, how wrong could I be. As anyone else, I might add some suggestion for future event of this kind. I liked the idea, but unless other events get tweaked, you won't count me in any other event of the kind.

Some suggestions:

1) PVP enabled at level 10. Gives time to build a bit of your skills, some second hand inventory and kind of voids the ridiculous coast hammering.

OR

2) like in PVP, start at level 28 with an assortment of skills, be it just for the streaming show, that would already make for interesting fights else than the ridiculous mess of early act one.

Honestly, once I learned the level scale that could join an instance, I threw the towel. The actual one was just meant to encourage the angy PK wannabe.

Overall, this event was a complete failure on my part. Felt like a regular race to the top with fewer and fewer fights by the hour.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info