Terminus Est: Chaos based Flicker Strike (Need Revision, soon)

http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAMABS0FtQYgBnAGogm7DjwQ8BEvFE0UcRR1Fr8X3BiRGNsaVRuqIWAj9iT9JpUshS0wLiMuUzBxMHw2PTboN9Q6QjpSPs9AoESeRalHfknVS3hNkk6fUUdTu1VLVYVW-loaWp9eRWEhYeJirGMXZU1mtmqMbIxwUnSgdO108XX9d9d4enp_eu9-mn8rgTqCB4RvhNmE74Zgh2qJ04w2jX2Nv5Lzk5mdqqLZpcupJ6mUsNi0xbVIu568n702vea-p8LsyBTKkNNv1CPUQtl82sHdqOdU6UbrY-0_8kHyWvNv9W_66_xL_94=

here is the version that could work for my gear because of the resistances, i remove ranger node because it needs a lot of points, they are good but it's difficult to have everything

also i took a third jewel node because i need it for unholy might, it costs 3 pts

i already use lion's roar so i remove the KB nodes.

So let's compare

144% increased maximum Life

94% accuracy

313 inc% ( 328 with attack against bleeding but too random to really count it)

32% as

50% phys damage over time

12 eva 36% armor

mine has

157% life

138% accuracy

338% inc

38% as

32% crit chance

44% accuracy is 565 accuracy in my case so 2%/3% chance to hit and 32 crit

13% life is 160 hp, i would be around 4300

then i gain 21% chance to bleed

Not too bad

i lose ~6% dps ( crit, accuracy, % incr damage) and 130 hp for ~320K dps, it's 10% of my total dps, but with 21% chance to apply only. This 320K is based on a CRIT against a moving target ! if the bleed applies on a normal hit it's 64K, if it doesnt move 10 700 , with only 21% chance to hit... well difficult to use, very.

6% of my dps is 192 000 so...

My aps is extremely slow, 8.77 with vaal haste so bleed is difficult to apply, bosses will be wrecked before the bleed application most of the time and it's unneeded on monster packs, they die too fast... I dunno man... It's good and at the same time it's freakin random

With the ascendancy modification in 2.3 i will get 30% bleed without changements, a bleed each 3 hit would be noticable and enough to refresh without the loss of accuracy crit & life.

For now i pick the 8% bleed and imma see if it does something, the chance is low but could be a life saver.

Anyway, i know it's not exactly the same tree, but jewels are needed to cap the resistances of an unperfect gear, and i only have 116 pts atm :c

edit: i lose also a lot of str and base hp from maradeur area, i forgot thoses : 50 str and 20 life so 45 base hp 10% melee phys
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on May 22, 2016, 8:33:08 AM
Well the build is not exatly same, you favor damage i favor attack speed.
I used ranger specificly for defence, accuracy.

I have build this for what i considered dicent theoru build close as posible to what you used in you path. I have not anticipated your intention to use it but im glad you got something from it, resistance be damn...

You probably gona get accest to the bleed eventualy if all stay the sam after they relise new league.
Im just wondering what cirt chance you have and whay have you not for example take shadow power charge. It sime best point invesment if you realy care for crit chance.

Idk how do you calculate the bleed damage but you probably need to include duble diping mechanics starting from Physical Damage nodes of the shadow then if you use his ascendeny passives and then your frenzy charges.

Also bleed mechanic, remember the knock back flask in your testing.
Trie same monster with normal flask with knock back, then with out knock back.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on May 22, 2016, 9:05:18 AM
i have calculated everything linked to bleed, moving and not moving, crit or not etc, with all more, freenzy shock vulne, double dip or not, so globally bleed with thoses changements in the build grants a too random damage because of my ~60% crit chance and it's 21% chance to apply.

phys damage = 100 with lion's roar , boosted by vulne lvl 12 no quality then by shock boosted by frenzy 9 charges

100*1.36 *1.25*1.5 = 255

255/10*6 while moving = 153

153 boosted by phys/dot inc(random number= 200% inc), then by vulne 25 then 33,then shock then frenzy
153*3*1.25*1.33*1.5*1.36= 1556.7

if the hit was a crit, with 500% crit mult
1275 damage and 7783.5 bleed

Op scaling i know right. however my poison does the same and i have more chaos damage than physical, and poison stacks, so bleed becomes marginal because it cannot stack ^^ my poison is already insane so the bleed is around 10% of dps for my build.

Yeah, the ranger part is cool but i do not have enough points, as i said i need some jewels nodes and cloth and chain :c ranger takes 10 pts q_q it's a lot

I do not have intention to use it, however i think it's very interresting, it will not work for my setup right now because of the randomness, as you said if ascendacy doesnt change too much i will be very happy with bleed and maim on hit!

I have 3 power charges and assassin's mark, however i dont use extra crit per power charge because of it's requirement : a lot of POWER CHARGES :P

atm with the gear setup that i use, (because i change often to test), i have 54% crit + 9% assassin's mark, so 63% in normal situations.

With assassinate and ambush nodes, the build oneshots packs at 100% crit chance on the first strike, if they arent dead the poison kills them ( because of the nature of flicker multi strike we go away, poison kills them so we dont have to come back at them) and bosses are trivialized with the 100% crit on low life + culling. So they die very when they reach 33% hp.

To not invest heavily into crit saves a lot of nodes and one or two gem slots ( power charge on crit, increased crit chance)

So i only need 50% crit chance to be "maximized" for my clear speed, and 50% crit is already one crit per two attacks! ( ok it's a bit random but still, it's the idea) With the first hit 100% crit and the full crit on monster at low life:

If my first crit removes 5% life of the target, only 60% of my attacks could be crit or not becuz at low life (35%) it will be full crit. With 63% crit chance, i have 37% to not crit for thoses remaining 60%. Therefore on the TOTAL OF THE 100% life, i will not crit with 22%.2 of my attacks. Aka it's equivalent to a 77.8% crit chance.

100/1.66667=60
37/1.66667= 22.2

Bigger the first strike hit is, more effective is the additionnal crit chance!
if i remove 25% of the monster life with first hit, only 40% of my hits can be crit or not crit ;) so only 14.8% of my hits will not crit, equivalent to 85.2% crit

100/2.5= 40
37/2.5= 14.8

and it gives culling strike too, so the monsters have technically 10% "less hp"

Well, explained like this, thoses nodes give me a minimum of 15% extra crit chance and always crit on first strike = Map sweeper. (and let's stay serious, i deal way more damage than 5% per strike...)

However, bosses have reduced curse effectivness so assassin's mark grants 4% crit instead of 9%, then there is the double accuracy/evasion check against critical strike, it reduces the crit chance a lot. It's not calculated on the ingame tooltip. For thoses two reasons, i need more than 50% crit chance and high accuracy!

total chance to crit with chances to miss included = accu* acc * crit chance
total chance to crit when it hits = accu * crit chance

Against a boss, with a lot of eva, 92% chance to hit, 58 crit chance with assa' mark counted = i have 53% crit chance if it hits, the whole chance to crit including chance to miss is 0.49%!

however if it's full life/ low life it will be 91% chance to crit if it hits and 0.837 when we include the chance to miss :P Numbers seem off? I have 100% chance to crit but the cap is 95% however assassin's mark allows 4% extra so it's 99%

As you see, i dont focus too much on crit, but i need a decent base of 50% after opponent evasion! i'm barely capped! :)

I havent calculated thoses nodes in my dps numbers in the guide because they are too difficult to quantify but the benefit is REAL!
Last edited by Geisalt on May 22, 2016, 3:43:20 PM

Added small update regarding some quailty of life.

Consolidated all info in one pose, removed realy old build posts.
Curent build have not gained last 2 ascendency points as i dont play in standard as mach so skill tree of my TerminusBeest character is mising them.
hey man, i tried a physical terminus est build. It reachs identical dps (15K damage, 10.5 aps) full buff, but it had tri curse assa vulne enfeeble. thoo the gear was more costy, with 6L cospri, gloves with curse on hit, windscream +1 frenzy etc.

Interresting see that physical gets decent scaling even with this low base damage... but in fact, the low terminus base damage is identical to scaeva and better than bino! It's not weird to reach decent scaling with it. 321 dps is a good 1hand weapon.

Thoo, full chaos is not reflectable :P but doesnt double dip on vulne and rare monsters have 15% chaos res.
There is cople of things people are usualy not aware.
Flicker strike is DPS skill and in difrance to other skilss it does what it say, no need of positioning and similar actions deliver full DPS.
Now when you take a look att Terminus East and Added Chaos gem you may notice how damage range on low to high end is realy low compered to other sorces making awrage damage realy good.

I chosend Added Chaos for many resons. Att level 21 say gem give more damage then base weapon it selff. Its realy good suported with shadow, duelist leech, and poison.
Reflect is serious problem even with loot of leech and VP for evasion character so splition damage is great especialy when it does not effect DoT.
The build have meny great sinergy on mechanical aspect and going Chaos may sims as a compromise becouse of bleed chance assassin now have but for curent weapon i still think i chose the same.

I finde Cospri's Will to be realy nice addtion for relayable curses but in same time bit ower the top for curent buil. Enfeeble will be more relayable but it still does not protect agenst reflect for example.
Aditional curse on gloves is nice but lab enchant also have its place and its defencive mechaninc is relayable on curent build.
My compromise are gone in certein direction so all this new stuff need mach more then a glance to be considered, probably way difrent decision proces and considerably difrent buid and taste.

I wont lie that i not think many of same alredy, more damge and similar sims realy seducing especialy one sinergise mechanicly so good as Vulrnability for you pure physical build.
But as i have gone into T12+ maps with crazy map mods deversity i learn to humble my selff to what im good att and on what i can realy 100%.
I imagine say build will be realy strong as i done same thing wery long ago when things wer not even close to what they are now on skill tree.
Im just intrested how far you think you can go with it considering reflect and if compromise you make are wort end resoult?
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Jul 2, 2016, 11:15:20 AM
i have killed kaom in abyss map within 4 seconds with map enfeeble + boss hp %. The real poison scaling reachs a maximum of 12 Millions dps with potions curses shock, ascendancy nodes and double dipping, equivalent to scaeva 1h.

Cant do phys reflect , that's all. And of course very dangerous maps like Ele damage*2 + reduced resistance + monster damage
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1674910
Smal update.
Finished Uber Lab for fat 100% more poison/bleed damage.
Got intresting helm enchant...

With bloodrage my attack speed is wopint 11,47 atk/s (basicly +1)not that i use it or need it but is basicly Vaal Haste for some life.
I figure blood dance boots can be realy easy used in this build after testing in uber lab, got more then inaff resistances but cant be ower caped so easy then.

Also becouse assassin got acces to bleed it is also not hard to make this build pure phusical, replecing added chaos damage gem with crit multy. With litle fidlig it can make some itresting variations even more so when combined with uniques items introduced in prophecy.
Bleed is realy potent mechanic but for flicker i still recomend stiking with added chaos.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Jul 31, 2016, 1:21:28 PM
Added small theory craft that may or may not be posible next league.
Concept is same for most part, ther is DoT as before but this time its pure phys damage with some added benefits. This wont be easy to do becouse uniq items may prove to be to aluring but will see.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Aug 27, 2016, 3:19:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info