[2.4] Silly Toy: 5M+ DPS Flicker, 2h/1h variants, poison 100% crit, with Cospri's Will

"Artificially inflated" (or silly toy) is a flicker strike build relying on poison done with physical and chaos damage, focusing on 100% critical strike chance and using the Cospri's will unique armour for it's +1 curse, anti hexproof and poison on cursed ennemies.

The 2.3 patch gave a lot of insane buffs to ascendancy classes. For the assassin, most of thoses changes are very difficult to calculate because they trigger more or less randomly.

However the 100% more poison damage on critical strike is AWESOME, especially with 100% crit chance! So i made a build to use it at it's maximum potential.

patch 2.4: poison nerfed by 20%!
so expect a maximum DPS loss of 15% for this build

Edit 1.5
- Added dual wield tree with 5% crit weapons
- corrected the bandit quest informations for 5% crit weapons - thoses variants need +1 power charge quest

Older edits
Spoiler
Edit 1.4
- Redone the maths with more logical behaviour between shock and vulnerability
The real dps is 13% lower because i calculated vulnerability
and shock as multipliers of each others but they are additive.
Maths contain corrected values

Edit 1.3
- Added atziri's Disfavour infos
- Added trees for 5% crit chance weapons
- Added The Retch infos

Edit 1.2:
- Added sword 1h tree.
- minor improvements in the presentation
- Added some infos for 1hand options, tree for 1h
- remade the trees on exilecraft because poe.db doesnt save ascendancy points

Edit 1.1:
- Added informations for the CWDT 5L
- Added informations to a not that usefull herald of ash ele prolif setup
- Added informations about how to replace cospri's will
- modified the presentation

2.3 numbers

This build is primarly made to be used with a good exquisite blade or Hegemony's Era, though a lot of weapons are usable.

The base critical strike chance on the weapon is important to save nodes. 7.5% critical strike chance is a minimum, however if the base damage of the weapon and it's utility are good enough, a 5% base crit works with a specific tree, Atziri's disfavour is a good example.

Also, you will become a drug addict, drinking potions all the time. Thoses potions are an important part of the build, maximum tankyness and dps cannot be achieved without.

I suggest you to stick 3 keys together with glue so you only need one button to push for 3 potions, it wrecks the keyboard but macroes are against the ToS!

What "Artificially inflated" does?

It kills bosses even in 6 men party, it cleans maps extremely fast.

The Tooltip dps of this build is relatively low, the real dps is a minimum of 8 times higher and it scales up to 30 TIMES when everything trigger.

It's absolutely possible to reach more than 10 millions off-tooltip dps.
The maximum acheviable dps for my gear and 2handed sword is almost 20 millions* with self buffs, potions, assassin's traits triggered, vaal haste, shock and curses.

Almost 20M*? but how?

- Attack max avg damage is 184K
- Poison max avg DPS for each stack per strike is 583K and has 3 second duration
- Bleeding max avg DPS is 1,131M
- Attack speed is 9.35 with vaal haste
- Attack dps at 9.35 aps: 1,720M
- Poison stacked for 3 seconds at 9.35 aps: 16.346M
- 19 200 000 dps

For more details about the deeps, look at the math section at the end of the thread.

*Done with a 480 dps weapon and without abyssus! 35M+ is doable with mind fang mirrored sword, even 50M with abyssus on top of it!

With flicker we use charges constantly, so 20M is the maximum peak at 9 charges then the dps will degrade per charge spent.

If we use 3 frenzy charges per second, we lose 12% more damage per second. The more we attack, lower the dps will be.

It explains my choice to use 5M+ in the title of this thread.

"
This is Not a viable HC build, relatively squishy.

I recommand this build if you want to atomize everything, including yourself.
I do not recommand this build if you do not want to die at all.

The tree can be modified a bit to be more tankier but by essence it's glasscannon.

It's not a good build. It's a ridiculous one. Silly. Juicy.
In fact, "Artificially inflated" is more a proof of concept than a "t15 dual malachai cleaner" but it has an great clear speed.

Concept
Spoiler
How to scale physical damage with a melee attack to it's fullest potential?
Poison and Bleed plus Vulnerability curse plus Shock plus Frenzy charges.

Let's add 100% crit chance and 556% crit multiplier on top of it and you finish with a killing machine in yours hands.

More of More damage, explanation!

- 9 frenzy charges: 36% on main strike, 36% poison, 36% bleed
- Shock: 50% on main strike, 50% poison, 50% bleed
- Vulnerability 25% physical strike, 33% poison, 58% bleed

Insane scaling

Mechanics
Spoiler
- Deadly infusion with 3 power charges: 90.75% crit

- Noxious strike, to bleed and maim, 30% skill effect duration is very good.

- Toxic delivery grants 100% More Poison on criticial strike, 100% more bleeding, 20% extra chaos to bleeding targets

- Blasphemy Assassin's mark to generate power charges, it provides the 10% crit needed to reach 100% plus extra crit mult is great.

- Vulnerability on hit with corrupted gloves for more damage

- Blood dance + blood rage to generate frenzy charges on kill, also 9% life regen

- Frenzy + faster attack + quill rain to reload when out of frenzy charges

- Vessel of vinktar, to shock, legacy is better but a normal one is enough

- Fairgrave's tricorne for More Fish on Chris willson + cannot be shocked which negates vinktar

- Cospri's will unique armour gives poison cursed ennemies, acting as a 7L, with hexproof and +1 curse.

Gear and gems
Spoiler

swap item:

- Fair's graves tricorne negates the shock applied by vessel of vinktar. If you use another helmet you need to sacrifice a flask slot, it's a choice. Abyssus is a great option, if you are ready to oneshot yourself on reflect.
"
Did you notice it's enchant? 81% increased flicker strike damage with 9 charges is HUGE. It improves bleed and poison because they are inflicted by flicker itself and modified by % damage increased.

- If you have enough resistances, you can use The Retch. The duration for the potions is just too good. Otherwise, use a resistance belt.

- Cospri's will armour is "needed". It's doable to not use it but not optimal. If you cannot afford it, you will need poison gem in the flicker strike link instead of void manipulation gem. To lose 40% more on chaos and on poison makes a big difference. You also lose the anti Hexproof ability. And last but not least, doedre's damning takes a ring slot because the +1 curse is needed for assassin's mark.

- Corrupted items with +1 frenzy charges aren't an obligation but they improve the dps a alot while giving room to spam flicker when we cannot kill monsters to reload charges.

- Gloves with vulnerability on hit are a must, however blasphemy + vulnerability is fine too but you cannot use arctic armour with 2 curses blasphemy.

- Blood dance is an obligation. With a minimum of 25% chance to gain a frenzy charge.

- CWDT + blade vortex + power charge on critical strike refreshes the power charges when your target is alone and has a lot of hp.
"
The optimal CWDT 5L requires 3R 1G 1B:

cwdt + immortal call + INCREASED duration gem support + blade vortex + pcoc.

Frost bomb is not needed, it's a good gem to reduce monster's regeneration, granting indirect dps. I had simply not the willpower to break a 4 off colour cospri's will.

two Handed weapons

- Hegemony's era or rare staff
- Hiltess or rare 2handed sword
- Rare fleshripper axe
- Weapon 5% crit with the special 5% crit chance tree.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hegemony's_Era
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hiltless

You need to reach 90% crit chance without assassin's mark and 100% with.
A 5% crit weapon reachs 85% crit chance and 95% with assa mark ( with the 5% crit chance tree).

With Atziri's disfavour, do not use gloves with vulnerability on hit.
Instead, use blasphemy + vulnerability + enhance lvl 4 sockted into disfavour for it's + 2 support gems... It gives 40% quality, linked with blasphemy + vulnerability... +30% More physical damage compared to a lvl 11 vulne on hit glove, it's HUGE.

A lvl 11 q20 vulnerability gem (limited by intelligence) and enhance lvl "6", it's a total of 55% more physical damage + the 33% damage over time. Bleed gets 88% more damage!

Of course you also need assassin's mark, so you cannot use arctic armour

one handed + shield

To play this variant, a 4 off-colour 3r 2g 1b 6L Cospri's Will is better, and it's difficult to get.

Death's hand is the perfect weapon for a 1h version, unholy might is juicy and scales on poison, it also saves a jewel socket.

Any weapon with high critical strike will be ok but focus on damage per strike, AS is not important. Expect the damage to be half of the 2handed versions!

Feel free to customize the generic 1 handed tree for your own weapon.

Again, you need to reach 90% crit chance without assassin's mark and 100% with and more is not necessary.

A decent rolled Scaeva is VERY good, with 9.6 crit chance you can remove some crit nodes in the tree. 3G for 30% mult is a must but it also depends of yours sockets configuration.

Scaeva and "Sword + shield tree" reach 15 000 average damage per hit with 8.85 aps, self buff.
Up to 38 000 damage 10 aps with potions, vaal haste and unholy might. A bit more than half the 2 handed sword version. So at best, expect ~12M Max dps full buff/shock/curses/poison/bleed/andeverythingtriggeredlol.

Jewels

Crit damage gem + HoA, a possibility to improve monotarget damage

You can, if you want, improve your monotarget damage to the max with increased crit mult gem instead of melee splash, it's a straight 25% MORE damage even more for a staff or hitless setup without crit mult on the weapon.

But to keep a decent cleaning speed in map, herald of ash + elemental proliferation will be needed. This option is viable in solo play but not in a 4 men party and more (monsters have more hp, only the one target will be poisoned and the overkill will not be great in the end).

Note that it's requires a 4L for herald of ash, so the green gems aren't used, i put them here to level them up. We also lose the CWDT + IC + BV + Power charge on crit.

Honestly, the 25% more damage is useless in my actual setup, plus the aoe of melee splash oneshot monsters instantly. Herald of ash does not stun monsters nor kill them directly so we get hit often. So it's not the most viable option.

However, if your build and gear arent finished and if you have a small pool of frenzy charges, it's a decent option to kill bosses faster: to have more damage per strike means lower amount of charges used per kill.

Tree
Spoiler
Select a tree corresponding to your base type weapon and it's critical chance, it's important to have enough critical strike chance in the tree to reach 90% cc and 100% cc with assassin's mark counted.

Dual Wield 5% crit

2-handed sword 7.5%+ crit

2-handed axe 5% crit (disfavour, hezmana)

2-handed generic 7.5%+ crit

1-h sword + shield 7.5%+ crit

1-h + shield 5% crit

1-h + shield generic 7.5%+ crit

important: If you cannot find mana leech on your gear, take mana leech node in the tree, near "herbalism" and "esssence sap" clusters. 0.4% leech is enough.

Bandit
Spoiler
normal: Oak or kill all
cruel: Oak or kill all

merciless:
with 5% crit chance weapon and tree -> Alira, +1 power charge.
With a 7.5+% crit chance weapon and tree -> Kraityn, +1 frenzy charge.

To kill them all grant two extra skill points. It's easier to customize the build.
Two extra points is an equivalent of 10% increased hp with thoses trees tho 16% physical and 40 flat hp are generally better.

Character stat pictures with 2-handed rare exquisite blade
Spoiler
Offensive self bullf: blood rage, 9 frenzy, 3 power charges, ice golem

Offensive Lion's roar, vessel of vinktar, atziri's promise, unholy might & self buff
not shown on this screen: the aps with Vaal haste is 9.35

defensive 9 frenzy, vinktar & lion's roar

Math with everything calculated with 2-handed rare exquisite blade
Spoiler

Thoses numbers include everything: tree, gear, charges, potions, buffs, any source of damage.
They do not include Inspired learning jewel bonuses.

I include the total poison's duration as "damage per strike" multiplied by APS, not the bleed because it doesnt stack with itself. It's easier and mathematically right: we will deal this dps over a long period of time.

To calculate the poison not as damage per strike but as damage per second is very tricky and complicated because of it's stacking ability and the attack per second behaviour, if you want to give it a try... i want to see this :P

So with my method, it needs 3 seconds to achieve thoses numbers, but you are still attacking, so thoses 3 seconds are pushed to the infinity.

However, it's mathematically right, take a ring that represents damage over time, put two dots on the ring, the dps between dot 1 & 2 and 2 & 1 is the same, because it's the damage per second behaviour.

DAMAGE
- physical 8850 AVERAGE DAMAGE * 1.75 vulnerability + shock = 15 487.5

- bleed 60% physical on moving target = 9292.5 * 1.36 frenzy* 3.87 inc with hat enchant *2 on maim* 2.08 vulne + shock = 203 458.467

- chaos 7800.5 + 3500~ extra on bleeding = 11 300.5 *1.5 shock = 16 950.75

- poison 10% phys+chaos = 3243.825 * 1.36 frenzy * 1.39 void manip* 2 on crit * 4.67 inc with hat enchant * 3 sec duration on maim * 1.83 shock + vulne = 314 434.612

- lighning 373 AVG *1.5 shock = 559.5

- cold 28.5 AVG *1.5 shock = 42.75

total damage per strike: 33 040.5
total damage per strike plus poison: 347 475.112

DMG With crit

556 crit mult with 100% crit chance

Strike damage + Poison: 1 931 961.623
bleed crit: 1 131 229.077

APS

with 8.33 base aps

( 1 931 961.623 * 8.33) + 1 131 229.077 = 17 224 469.4

with vaal haste 9.35 aps : 19 195 070.25

Total: 19 200 000 AVERAGE DPS

I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Oct 16, 2016, 5:27:16 AM
Last bumped on Mar 13, 2017, 11:14:56 PM
Nice guide

Would you post some videos please?
Why the frost bomb in your cwdt?
Hi, i do not plan to make a video, It takes a lot of time to upload one of decent quality with my shitty internet... around 10 hours.

Imagine that you oneshot packs and tri shot boss. (killed gorge map boss with one strike, attacked him then the flicker tp'd away on others targets, then he died, i searched him for like 4 seconds to realize that he was not here anymore). Each phases of merveil takes 3 strikes max. So two flicker activation to kill her. Voll dies with 2-3 activations max even when he tries to regen, so 6 to 9 hits .

We receive big damage with small life pool, it's ok with vinktar.

if you arent oneshooted you are fine, becarefull of reflect and volatile blood. Atziri uber and core malachai are however dangerous because of their damage and the phase splitted strategy will waste the potions, other content is very easy ... But uber atziri ... i dont believe that's doable with this setup, the concept is good enough to wreck her but the build is not tanky enough.

volatile mods will oneshot you if the map has -max res and the rare monster inc damage, it's perfectly normal because they can deal up to 10K damage after reductions, so to never die against volatile you need 7-10K hp/es and res potions.

Aka volatile is op and this build will never survive a dangerous one in -max res + inc% damage, but it's not directly the fault of the build because most melee char builds die against volatile anyway.... Op is op.

Frost bomb :
i had an unused blue socket in my cwdt so... it's not necessary. It gives a little dps bonus by reducing the monster regeneration. If the monster regenerates 3 000 hp/s with 300 0000 life (1% regen) ... this gem deals 2250 damage cuz the monster will regenerate 750 only.

If you use taste of hate or / and hatred instead of lion's roar/arctic armour, to reduce reflect/damage taken or increase dps , the -20% cold res will be usefull.

It's relatively useless but i didnt found better for a blue gem slocket. Lightning warp is dangerous but fun.

With a red socket you can pick increased duration for cwdt IC + BV it's the best choice, with green you could use Blind for BV which is good.

I didnt want to recolour a 4 off colour cospri's will, it's too beautifull :o
Last edited by Geisalt on Jun 10, 2016, 6:21:18 PM
edit 1.1 updated some stuffs, added numbers, etc, see at the top of the thread
Thanks for the reply, I figured it was just an unused socket.

I'm doing a similar build as this except a block version with bino's for the poison proliferation with cospri's, +1 curse anvil and rumi's. So far it's working out incredibly well. A disgusting rare dagger would still be better then bino's but the damage is still really great.

I'm using 2 cwdt setups, cwdt + immortal call + increased duration in shield and I have a 4L cwdt + warlord's mark + arctic breath + shock nova (no vinktar's yet). The arctic breath is like a super ghetto temp chains.

I may switch the 4L to a reckoning + vengeance + curse on hit + warlord's setup though.
Last edited by rusah on Jun 10, 2016, 10:06:08 PM
Interresting setup man, the bino prolif is probably enough to wreck pack if you get decent crit mult and damage per strike with 100% crit chance. Abyssus would provide a great oneshot setup. In this case have you tried to drop melee splash? maybe with herald of ash on top of it?

To be efficient at killing pack, blasphemy vulnerability is interresting, because without melee splash, vulne on hit gloves cant hit the packs.

Anyway, with such scaling even a low damage dagger will rape everything, my max 22M setup proves that we can divide the base damage by 4 and still gets MAX 5.5M dps. So a weapon with 100 average damage is enough, Wtf. WTF. WTFFFFFFFF.

Even edge of madness can work for this build O_o
Last edited by Geisalt on Jun 11, 2016, 12:16:51 AM
The damage is already crazy for ST with splash, but I'm considering using a writhing jar for ST. Spawning the worms then splashing onto them (and killing them) should prolif ALL of the poison hits back to the main target and ought to be some solid DoT damage.

Vuln on hit gloves would let me use assassin's mark/warlord's mark blasphemy which would make my endurance charge generation a joke and provide some extra leech.

Also, I'm soooo far over crit cap already with a 9.9 bino's that I'm considering a Marylene's fallacy neck. 126% crit chance should is doable with 4 power charges, deadly infusion and crit gem. That would be a huuuuge 240% multi. Add abyssus for another ~200%. Free 450+ multi, at the cost of extreme squishiness though.
Last edited by rusah on Jun 11, 2016, 2:58:27 AM
it's definitively ok but if it requires increased crit gem, is it interresting to use marylene instead of another gem mult? marylene takes an amulet slot; this amulet slot can give crit mult too and flat damage :o then you can use void manip or something similar
Last edited by Geisalt on Jun 11, 2016, 4:46:41 AM
I've seen this build in action. Everything about it is insane. The clearspeed is insane and the single target is ridiculous. Only took our guy a couple seconds to kill t12+ bosses. Will definitely be trying this build out. Thank you for the guide!
IGN: TheGrillfriend
Last edited by Professor_Tyrael on Jun 12, 2016, 6:19:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info