[2.4] Silly Toy: 5M+ DPS Flicker, 2h/1h variants, poison 100% crit, with Cospri's Will

The totem should not be used against regular packs. I plop it down before activating essence league monsters and rare strongboxes and obviously for all bosses.

Right i forgot about void manip, definitely the #1 support gem on that as well.

Bloodlust might be a bigger increase than faster attacks though. I dont see how bloodlust makes it any trickier to use though, since frenzying from afar with quill rain applies 5 second bleeds as well so it should never run out. In fact, you'd have an easier time to land hits with the totem than on actual totem builds, since we're also slowing with maim.

As for vaal haste, it only lets you kill the easy bosses slightly faster, it doesnt really help for any harder encounters, of which most are split up into phases. Flicker strike is also one of the skills that get the smallest relative increase from haste, since it already has huge inherent speed bonuses per frenzy charge. I reach +875% attack speed with 11 frenzy charges and onslaught for example, vaal haste would just add 36% to that.

But the real problem this build has, is that GGG is starting to gate content for certain builds through immunities. (Minotaur is bleed immune, Hydra is poison immune, Chimera is immune to BOTH). Once they remove or change that im definitely trying a variation of this build.
Last edited by RazorRamon on Oct 18, 2016, 3:13:01 PM
yeah but vaal haste is fast to cast, usefull to increase clear speed and gives a bit of dps for bosses. the totem is only usefull for bosses. The point is..... the movement speed! when we run between pack, hey seriously :P

Because we are limited by gem slots... i dont waste time to cast totems or similar stuff before bosses because they die too quickly and this build cannot do content where thoses totems matter.

also this build has low attack speed from the start and use blood dance. We focus on damage per strike, flicker is More speed, multi is more speed, vaal haste is not this bad!
from 8.33 to 9.35, 12% faster.

For faster attack we do not use it so, and cannot replace gems for bloodlust because everything is more usefull.

We have a Bleed chance, not a 100% chance but 30% one. So we never know when we have bleed or not if we do not see the damage! Quill rain + frenzy is ok but unreliable to proc a gem support.
the only way to be sure is puncture but it's not functionnal too.

It also means to use a 5L until we can bleed. Unless we gem swap but in this case we need to use a gem of the same colour. And it's boring.

No, really, bloodlust is not functionnal to me. You can use it if you want, but i will not. There is a lot of good gems supports that replace bloodlust with less problems, and the damage gains doesnt worth the randomness of the triggers, unless you puncture, use voidheart or use atziri disfavour, but even with thoses things...it's quite boring.

Yeah the boss immunities is dumb. A form of resistances is okey, but 100% immunity is "nop i dont want you to play this", atziri immunity to status was already a bad thing.

Ah did you meant to link bloodlust to the totem? if yes i didnt understand before.
for the totem it's fine i guess, but voidmanip is still still decent too, and we could have difficulties to bleed.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Oct 19, 2016, 6:47:06 AM
Yes bloodlust only on the totem, on flicker strike things like bloodlust or faster attacks would obviously be a dps loss ;)

You should try out the totem sometimes, even unlinked its nice to have. At first i thought its going to be too clumsy to use on builds like these, but the castttime is very short with frenzy charges and it greatly improves bossing (the one weakness of every flicker strike build)
can you explain what ascendancy points you pick in order of importance? normal, cruel, merc, uber? Would greatly appreciate it. Not sure what order to get them.
can starforge work with this?
Well i somehow got this enchant and when i see this guide i think why not try an abyssus version of this build xD

Also these two

Idk if add flat phys dmg can scale well with this kind of build ? Can u help me answer this question
Juest crafted
in ESC and wated to try ur build once it get to std..also have a leg blood dance and some cool amulet..

Is the axe good or wasted for this build?:)
"
Freud88 wrote:
Juest crafted
in ESC and wated to try ur build once it get to std..also have a leg blood dance and some cool amulet..

Is the axe good or wasted for this build?:)

He has a 5% crit base weapon tree for the likes of your weapon. I would say give it a go and see how it works. I am using Hegemony's Era as a flicker strike character and I wear Ayssus (gotta concede the occasional reflect death!)
Hi recently tried this build with 2h sword. Got most of the uniques down cospri's and vinktar and everything. Damage is also really good but im having trouble with the mana. Im not sustaining enough to keep the flicker going. I run out too quickly. Am i doing something wrong?
Kensax,

You need to get an ammy or ring like
with at least 0.4% dmg leeched as mana. I use this ring and also one mana leech node off the Essence Sap cluster on the passive tree. Generally, you one need one or the other but I like to have both just for 60% reduced mana regen maps.

EW

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info