Terminus Est: Chaos based Flicker Strike (Need Revision, soon)

Yeah yeah, it's not the fault of your build but of the concept itself. You have made a good terminus est's use and i dont see how to improve it with cheap gear.

However, we can have tankier setups with similar dps and quality of life if we want by using oro!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1643895
Ranger oro crit, 250 to 550 K dps, there is also my templar crit tree in the answers with constant 530K dps even on bosses.
more tanky, but still suicidal in some situations.
Very Budget!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1648558
very tanky oro, can be budget if you remove the helm and belt. around 250K dps with vinktar 150 without. BUT it's very tanky! 6K + hp arctic armour enfeeble fortify etc.
equivalent dps, 6-7K hp a lot of sources of reduced damage.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1654356
my flicker physical poison build. It costs a lot, 4500 hp, over 2 millions dps. vey low amount of health on the gear and i still die against volatile mods, maybe because i do hard maps :/

I know that EHP and hp is not the same but 4K = we get oneshot and 4500 is the minimum to survive against "unlucky" effects. Sometimes it's not enough :c

the jungle valley boss is a good example, it hurts so much even if it dies in 3 seconds, two physical spells will kill without Taste of hate, lightning coil or very long cwdt IC >_>

Volatile is so dangerous, porcupine is perfectly fine, but volatile is ele damage, if you are cursed or if the map has -max res ... it's deadly for a melee char with low life. Actually it's my only source of death.

Well! you have done a great experiment, i like it. I was only stating the obvious, it's difficult to reach good dps with terminus est while keeping good survivability. ^^ Not your fault

ah, i believe that if you find a way to use poison gem, you will get a very good boost, around 80% more dps with all the chaos increase, void manip, and frenzy charges

And usually multi strike grants a 30% more dps, it's insane for standard flicker builds because of the one charge per 3 strikes. But you always recharge charges on crit so you maybe do not need multi strike?

It's maybe dumb but can you try it for me? to see if it's atleast usable? the clean speed could be slower, but the maximum total dps would be very greater. You use blade vortex to be full charges so it shouldnt be a problem...

Thoo it fixes the randomness of flicker strike when we want to focus a boss and not his adds.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on May 21, 2016, 9:24:26 PM
"
Geisalt wrote:

My_long_post
"
Geisalt wrote:
ah, i believe that if you find a way to use poison gem, you will get a very good boost, around 80% more dps with all the chaos increase, void manip, and frenzy charges

I alredy have a poison so no need for poison gem.

"
Geisalt wrote:
And usually multi strike grants a 30% more dps, it's insane for standard flicker builds because of the one charge per 3 strikes. But you always recharge charges on crit so you maybe do not need multi strike?

It's maybe dumb but can you try it for me? to see if it's atleast usable? the clean speed could be slower, but the maximum total dps would be very greater. You use blade vortex to be full charges so it shouldnt be a problem...

Thoo it fixes the randomness of flicker strike when we want to focus a boss and not his adds.Thoo it fixes the randomness of flicker strike when we want to focus a boss and not his adds.

I can trie droping Multy Strike but it will considerably lover defence mechanic of fast movment and damage becouse even tho i only regein one charge on critical per skill use i still do applay poison with each hit.
If i drop MS its logicaly to be replaced with Faster Attack gem.
If we some how get resonable attatack speed with outh gem then next resonable gem will be Empower. Crit multy is nice but when you alredy have loot of evrithing then simple lvl 21 Added Chaos and Empower, a sorce of you base damage is most benificila to incrise.

Main reson that im using BV is to start jump charges, but mainly to refresh power charges.
Maximum power charges put me att 95% crit chance resolting in por performance of assassin 10% chance to gain power charge on non cirtical strike and droping power charge hinder my frenzy charge regeneration.

In theory it should be posible to focus with flicker strike/multy strike if you name tag monster but it have tendency to put you to far away on next 2 random hits so you need to run back to it...

"
Geisalt wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1643895
Ranger oro crit, 250 to 550 K dps, there is also my templar crit tree in the answers with constant 530K dps even on bosses.
more tanky, but still suicidal in some situations.
Very Budget!

It is Budget, realy budget.
Cant say that i consider that tanky, using armor then pick acro and scale evasion have no sense, HP alone is not tanky.
His DPS, i think if his not a Raider ther is no chance in hell his DPS aka 'attack speed modifiers' to be so high unles his using Vaal Haste in addition to Onslaght for that screan shot.

VP face tank with molten strike is not viable tactic (also idk whay he dont pick PB), you can see his flickering on hard hiting melee boss. xD
In curent casual maping you probably walled att T12 top so this will probably worck nicly if you dont start daying to often.

"
Geisalt wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1648558
very tanky oro, can be budget if you remove the helm and belt. around 250K dps with vinktar 150 without. BUT it's very tanky! 6K + hp arctic armour enfeeble fortify etc.
equivalent dps, 6-7K hp a lot of sources of reduced damage.

Honestly i lost petiance with this one, taste of meta, just can not swalow it. xD

"
Geisalt wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1654356
my flicker physical poison build. It costs a lot, 4500 hp, over 2 millions dps. vey low amount of health on the gear and i still die against volatile mods, maybe because i do hard maps :/

I have done bleed and poison builds but usualy limited with with uniq items, idk what power such a sword have to comprehend performance.
I sugest if you realy whant top efficiency then drop point into bleed node, grab difrent pathing and take duration node becuse that should generaly give best chunk of damage regarding you alredy siting att high numbers concerning rest of statistics.
Skill tree pathing is realy flexible, you get all from shadow that mather, rest is just the path you chose to go.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on May 22, 2016, 12:34:15 AM
oh sorry i forget the gloves!

So, empower does nothing, it boosts flicker base % damage by 2% :/ it doesnt improve base damage at all in this case, because it cannot support a support gem, only an attack gem

crit mult in this case is efficient because you do not have a lot of mult on the gear while sitting on 95% crit. Faster attack is not bad but your total attack speed is high already with the frenzy, so i dont know which one is better,

time to pick up a tabula and to look at the tooltip fully charged. But in fact, MS is fine compared to the two others mentioned above :P i just forgot the gloves... <_<

for the first build he doesnt scale eva at all, 4 nodes at the start for the hp, nothing more. yeah it's not very tanky with 5500 hp but it avoids most OS mechanics and get acro. Eva is good but doesnt reduce spells, life yeah ! It has vaal pact like you . Thoo yes he is flasked onslaught , he even shows the potion in the thread

for the second, i agree but it was a simple example ^^ i dislike his presentation, hard to read.

for my build i dont have bleeding nodes. I have dots nodes to scale poison damage :c
i cant really pick duration nodes because they are far away of everything else,

it needs crit, phys damage, as, accu, life, dot damage, if i try to get the duration i lose everything else :/

However if you could give me an example, it would be helpfull
Last edited by Geisalt on May 22, 2016, 2:16:52 AM
"
Geisalt wrote:
So, empower does nothing, it boosts flicker base % damage by 2% :/ it doesnt improve base damage at all in this case, because it cannot support a support gem, only an attack gem

I have not know that, never realy get to use Empower. Funy is in my incial planing i think of using it to bost my Added Chaos Damage but i dicided that Void Manipulator is more resonable and Chroming links efficient. xD
About other gems, well i supose Faster attack will be more convinient, i alredy have sugnifican crit multiplier on my jewels.

"
Geisalt wrote:
However if you could give me an example, it would be helpfull

Skill Tree Example

You can change it in many ways but generaly you get 21% chance to couse bleed, you take knock back and thats gretly boost bleed damage from 10% to 60%. Rest is up to you, there is a loot of stuff to take so its all preferance.

Note tho knock back on melee attack on flask, ther is even nice uniq Flask (my Lion Roar flask is legacy, its now 30/60 charges).

Considering flicker strike speed, bleed hapen instantly and knock back on flask can give constant movment on target and even protect you from melee attack.

Tho dont be confused, mor chance is better becouse bleed can rool on low damage rool or on high damage rool Crit so even tho it may hapen other wise and last for some time it may not be in full strength as if you have it hapen more often.
But some chance is definitly better then nothing, on your curent build even taking 8% chance have some potencial on more persistant targets. Trie and see how it suits you.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on May 22, 2016, 6:24:07 AM
the skill tree doesnt load D: maybe poe.db is down?

I know the bleed mechanism, the problem is the chance to proc. Awesome with atziri's disfavour.

Thoo bleed doesnt stack and i have 12 222 physical damage with shock+ vulne counted and 61K with a crit, with the double dip vulne + shock again and 60% bleed damage with all the increased i get 309 000 average Bleed dps .

309 000 is a decent amount, however, i cant reach thoses nodes easily and i have already 3-4 millions dps! ( 4M with vinktar + lion's roar and other potions)

So it's fine for one node (8% chance)i can take it, but the chance is very low, unreliable even on bosses, to get a reliable chance, i need Noxious strike from assassin :/ but the crit nodes are better in my case.

and to reach blood letting takes 5 nodes c_c it would make a total of 16% only and i kill bosses with 6 hits max. Razor edge is out of the question, it takes too many point, imma never have enough crit chance with it

If i remove Dot damage, the bleed would be less efficient but it will also reduce poison, poison stacks and has a 5* base damage multiplier with all the double dip effects so Dot nodes/chaos on poison are insanely powerfull

comparatively, bleed scaling is awesome but doesnt stack and is not based on my chaos damage (atziri promise, void manip, unholy might, toxic delivery = 90 % of my phys damage as extra chaos, with % increased chaos i do more chaos damage than physical)

Node duration are decent for poison but useless for bleed so i dont know

Imma take the 8% bleed for the lulz but it will not help much, i cant remove nodes to keep decent efficiency on poison

Anyway, i will have 38% chance to bleed with the next ascendancy update,75 % poison against bleeding target, it will be enough to drop poison gem and use another gem, if needed i could use the viper scale armour to reach 95% against bleeding and 30% without bleeding
Last edited by Geisalt on May 22, 2016, 5:50:09 AM

Just cheked and poe.db worck for me.

Abouth your bleed scaling, do remember that general incrised damage from start of the shadow does duble dip on bleed.
I check leyter to see if you taken a look on poe.db and what do you think of skill tree.
i have count thoses nodes yes let me check poe.db again
oh it was blocked by my java script filter because they modified the IP since the last time.

so it's interresting, i lose a needed node , survivalist , that i need for inspired learning. so i take it back, you took 1h shadow nodes so i remove them, i have a 2h build.

i will edit my post after, still looking at it
Last edited by Geisalt on May 22, 2016, 6:18:06 AM
Here is PoE link, not mach data to look att but is better then nothing.

Skill Tree

edit:
Fixed some misclick on skill tree..
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on May 22, 2016, 6:25:54 AM
thank, so it works on poe.db, it was a problem of my java script filter.

so it's interresting, i lose a needed node , survivalist , that i need for inspired learning. so i take it back, you took 1h shadow nodes so i remove them, i have a 2h build.

imma compare nodes and damage etc, thoo i also need another jewel node for caping my res and cloth and chain for the same reason , a perfect armor/belt would fix thoses problems thoo

i will do it later, going to eat :o

Sory for the Jewel, here i fix it. :)

Skill Tree

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info